PDA

View Full Version : Rage skills levelling - how does it work?

Karlos
11-01-2012, 07:12 AM
Can someone explain or post a link how rage skills levelling works?

And is there a list of all possible levels of all the skills, so that I know what to aim for? I think there were similar lists for TL and AP.

Thanks a lot.

Highborne
11-01-2012, 07:15 AM
2nd Island, you get a Valk, then rage skills level as normal.

It sucks, I know.

Mandea
11-01-2012, 07:19 AM
unfortunately, you can't speed up their leveling like you did in AP/CW (there were some skills). Now you just have to use as much rage as possible (so it seems so far).

Karlos
11-01-2012, 08:32 AM
unfortunately, you can't speed up their leveling like you did in AP/CW (there were some skills). Now you just have to use as much rage as possible (so it seems so far).

Yeah, seems so, the question is - is the levelling based on how much rage you spend? Or what skills you use? For example if you use vortex all the time levelling will be slower than using different skills? Because in later game levelling is noticeably slower and it would make sense for the newly obtained skills to level up faster somehow, to catch up with the old ones.

I wish the manual isn't as useless as the previous ones. Oh well...

Mandea
11-01-2012, 09:05 AM
It seems to be based on the amount the rage you use but you also have to use new skills more often. I use very much the gift and the lava monster and lately they've been leveling up quite slowly. I have to test more though.

Karlos
11-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Ok I have now finished the game and I have to say, in the second half of the game Rage levelling is excruciatingly slow. From the point I gained Loki's lava skill until the end I got to level up my Rage maybe three times? That's just ridiculous. Yes, Riftlands comes late in the game but we're still talking about lots and lots of fights. My only fully developed skills were the Vortex, the Gift, the fire arrows and the lightning. That's it. A good half of the skills were only partially developed or not at all.

Maybe my memory is failing me again but I think in AP it was much more even throughout the game and most of my skills were fully levelled up by the last lizard island.

Zechnophobe
11-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Rage experience generation is based on three primary factors:

The power of the spell used.

The damage it deals at the time you use it.

The size of your army compared to the opponents.

Each time you use a rage ability, you get a flat amount of experience based on how it has been leveled up. More upgraded skills generate more experience. It then gains an additional flat amount of experience based on how much damage it deals AT THAT TIME. Rage abilities that deal damage after their are cast do not gain this bonus (but also tend to get more base experience).

Lastly, if your army is much larger than the targets, you will gain less experience. This is true for all uses of rage, except for the very first one of each fight. That one will always gain full experience independant of army size.