PDA

View Full Version : A junky item with morale

camelotcrusade
11-01-2012, 05:01 AM
Usually only good items have morale scores because it's more like a penalty than a benefit. But recently I came across an item that's terrible but it has a morale score. It's a leather shield, viking faction, that gives you 1 measly defense and has 100 morale. It says it "wears out after prolonged use."

I swear I found something similarly weak, too, but I don't remember where it was. If I ever find it again, I'll update.

Anyway, the question I want to ask is whether anyone has actually worn out the shield. Does it turn into something cool? Or is it really that bad?

I also remember that different racial items "liked" different things to satisfy their morale. I'm going to guess Vikings like killing things (vs. letting enemies run) but I don't really know. Anybody got the infoz?

Puce Moose
11-01-2012, 05:51 AM
I found that shield not long ago myself. I haven't yet tried it out (being a Soothsayer, the bonus leadership from the Knight's Shield I found has been quite nice), but I'm curious as well.

Maybe, if we're lucky, it will turn into one of the cool gremlin castles from The Legend after enough use!

Highborne
11-01-2012, 06:04 AM
If I recall, if it wears out you have to "defeat" it to regain the use of it (just like an upgrade but not).

There were items like this in other KBs, but mostly it was due to Moral of the item being lowered if killing "good" or "bad" opposite of whatever the item's affinity was.

Nevar
11-01-2012, 07:11 AM
If I recall, if it wears out you have to "defeat" it to regain the use of it (just like an upgrade but not).

There were items like this in other KBs, but mostly it was due to Moral of the item being lowered if killing "good" or "bad" opposite of whatever the item's affinity was.

Yeah, but Camelot is asking whether or not not this one particular item has a special effect when it reaches 0 morale, because like he said, morale items are usually good, but this one is terrible, which is weird for a morale item.

Mandea
11-01-2012, 08:13 AM
I found that one too, never used it because +1 defense is a joke even in the beginning. Moreover you have to fight the keepers if it reaches low morale.

Nevar
11-01-2012, 12:10 PM
Currently have it equipped. Will inform you if anything strange happens.

marc
11-01-2012, 12:18 PM
The morale for this item is just a way for the devs to make it wear out after a while (just like the description says), while still allowing you to "recharge" it by fighting the keepers. It's just flavor.

Rah
11-01-2012, 12:33 PM
And a very good way to gain more experience... I love the fast wear out of some items for this reason.

Nevar
11-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Really? I'm taking this off, then. I had to give up an artifact slot for it.

camelotcrusade
11-01-2012, 05:30 PM
We should probably just look in the code to see if it can transform into anything or not. It would be funny - in a not-so-funny way - if the Devs are just messing with us. You can easily get an item with +1 defense without having to deal with morale, and there are better ways to level up than throwing an army away on keepers.

Unless... are the keepers easy?

Zechnophobe
11-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Well, keepers eventually become easy. Depends on your army composition and leadership. Once you can rage-kill them, or one-hit a gremlin tower with a stack, they become much easier.

camelotcrusade
11-01-2012, 06:53 PM
True, true. I was just hoping for an easter egg. But wearing that crappy shield down for one more keeper fight?

I guess it's legit, but if you ask me "ain't nobody got time for that (http://knowyourmeme.com/videos/36946-sweet-brown)."