PDA

View Full Version : Too easy to get gold?

Lantisu10
10-31-2012, 05:07 PM
I'm a few hours into the game and I already have 400k+ gold. I remember in armored princess I was scrambling to have enough gold to purchase troops. This made things challenging and fun.

Now I don't even care if I lose a unit. I can purchase all artifacts I come across with ease. The game is really easy so far.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this? Would restarting on the highest difficulty help?

Khornn
10-31-2012, 05:34 PM
Does anyone else have any thoughts on this? Would restarting on the highest difficulty help?Gold is too easy to come by, and if you truly do not care about losses then yes, starting at higher difficulty would most likely help because you get less gold and with losses you need to spend it.

I'm playing normal mode and I have about 11,000,000 gold but I do care about losses so I hardly ever take any, which means there's nothing to spend my gold on.

At some point in the game you can spend 1,000,000 gold to summon powerful hero to fight you repeatedly, so if you need some EXP that's a place to sink your gold into, though I doubt you need the extra EXP on Normal difficulty.

camelotcrusade
10-31-2012, 05:45 PM
I never really thought of that before. If you don't go for no-loss, then I suppose there really isn't a challenge other than gold management for replacements... at least on normal and easier.

I think it's clear gold management isn't a primary concern of theirs, though. I'm not sure I would want it to be, either. I think being able to afford whatever you want to try is a good thing. Troop and artifact availability is much easier to limit than gold with the current model anyway.

DeRex
10-31-2012, 06:43 PM
You need alot of money in the beginning, especially after you teleport to Human land after defeating Spider and Necromancer, you need to buy all units again, that is about 150000 gold, plus if you want some new atrifacts, that is even more.

I think money income is now balanced. (at least on impossible mode)

Bhruic
10-31-2012, 06:58 PM
You need alot of money in the beginning, especially after you teleport to Human land after defeating Spider and Necromancer, you need to buy all units again, that is about 150000 gold, plus if you want some new atrifacts, that is even more.

I think money income is now balanced. (at least on impossible mode)

I bought every single item on the four islands and still made it off with about 800K gold. Having to spend 150K to replenish the troops was nothing. I've now bought every item on the three lands from the humans and the elven island, and have well over 2M gold. Sure, there might be a gold sink later on, but that's an insane amount of gold. What's the point of having the "really good" items be about 50K when you've got that much? I remember having to save up to buy an item in AP. That made it feel like it was worth it. Here, it's just pocket change.

camelotcrusade
10-31-2012, 08:09 PM
I remember having to save up to buy an item in AP. That made it feel like it was worth it. Here, it's just pocket change.

This. There was a usually something sold at the mage tower that cost ridiculous amounts of money to a new character. Too bad WoTN doesn't tempt us with anything we have to save up for. I think that's another knock against the early island design...

Khornn
10-31-2012, 08:43 PM
There's a vendor later in the game that sells Skill Runes starting from 100k and going up 50k each time. Good place to dump your extra 14Mil that you should have by then.

Fatt_Shade
10-31-2012, 09:51 PM
Not much of spoiler, all previous games had that : dwarf prince in the Legend, and dwarf shop in Montero near Hagni castle.

Zhuangzi
10-31-2012, 09:57 PM
I'm playing on Impossible and I actually ran out of money at the beginning of the human lands. I had spent a lot of my money buying items for the Valkyries to eat, and then when I had to buy a whole new team I had to kite my way around Greenwort/Arlania/Verlon Wastelands for the cash. Having said that, with Paladins, Rune Mages and Royal Griffins now, I don't think I'll be losing too many more troops for a while, and thus I'll be cashed up again before I know it..

Karlos
11-01-2012, 07:08 AM
Yeah, gold is ridiculously unbalanced in this game, some of the skills and Valkyrie bonuses that give you more gold are completely pointless

ikbenrichard
11-01-2012, 02:47 PM
Playing on impossible and for me getting gold is now essential to survive even.
But indeed on normal its abunded.

issue666
11-01-2012, 09:06 PM
yeah the combo of the valkyrian gold spell and the mage spells charge and runic world gives so much gold every battle its insane :)
u just need mana per round ability