PDA

View Full Version : Savegames scanner for KBWotN

billythegreat
10-31-2012, 01:35 PM
Is there a scanner for this game? I tried 1.6 version of the KB AP but I get always "scanned files : 0". I need to find a damn Ressuresction scroll, I am lvl 26 andstill no luck :confused:

DGDobrev
10-31-2012, 01:39 PM
Not yet. We have to wait, or make ourselves another one :) KBAP wont work, as many of the items should be completely new or the structure has undoubtedly changed. It is a new game anyway.

frez
11-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Savegames scanner work on KBWotN

1. Data renamed in SaveData
2. Pack this file in zip, turned SaveData.zip
3. Renamed .zip extension to .sav, turned SaveData.sav
4. Slipped the file scanner

end place file loc_ses.kfs in the folder scanner

Tarnim
11-06-2012, 08:54 AM
Hi,

thanks for the advice.
I had some problems in understanding what exactly to do, but finally it worked. (and now i know, which game will offer me some Maidens on island 2-4)
I'm quite sure, that this isn't the best way to set it up, but it's working for me. If anybody has ideas to make this easier, feel free to reply:
1) install KBscanner
2) copy loc_ses.kfs into KBscanner directory (i guess this is not necessary, but frez did it in that way, so i did it too)
3) go into your WotN save directory
4) copy the savegame directory you want to inspect into your KBscanner directory (savegames look like 43544310 with 4 files inside, data, info,crc and name)
5) go to into KBscanner and then rename your freshly copied save game directory 43544310 into something human readable - in my case Start01 (this is not necessary at all, but it makes it easier to use)
6) go into Start01 and rename data to savedata
7) go back into KBscanner directory
8 ) zip Start01 into Start01.zip
9) rename Start01.zip into Start01.sav
10) start KBscanner
11) set both path's to KBscanner directory (loc_ses.kfs and savegames)
12) start scanning
13) Your report will be in the Start01 directory, so enjoy

I hope, that it will work for you too

Tarnim

travelingoz
11-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Not working for me.... Says items scanned 0 ........what am i doing wrong???

Tarnim
11-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Hi,

withou seeing what you have done this is hard to answer...
You could check:
- did you delete the Folder Start01? (this shouldn't be deleted, you should have both - Folder Start01 and Start01.sav in the KBscanner folder together)
- are you sure, that you have configured the path to savegame and loc_ses.kfs correct?
- did you create a zip? (not rar!)

Tarnim

skycrow
11-06-2012, 04:49 PM
not working for me.... Says items scanned 0 ........what am i doing wrong???

11) set both path's to kbscanner directory (loc_ses.kfs and savegames)

I think the true version is ...(loc_ses.kfs and .sav)

Both paths look like :

.sav C:\*****\KBScanner\

loc_ses.kfs C:\*****\KBScanner\loc_ses.kfs

travelingoz
11-06-2012, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the help but still no luck.
I'm using winzip and i have both paths set in the scanner as above. (I used to use it on AP as well.)
I have 2 files in the KBScanner directory, the save file and the zipped file renamed with .sav
I changed the file name of data to savedata from the original save file b4 i zipped it.
Tried running the scanner as admin too but no luck.
I'm running on Win7 btw.
The scanner is V1.6

skycrow
11-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the help but still no luck.
I'm using winzip and i have both paths set in the scanner as above. (I used to use it on AP as well.)
I have 2 files in the KBScanner directory, the save file and the zipped file renamed with .sav
I changed the file name of data to savedata from the original save file b4 i zipped it.
Tried running the scanner as admin too but no luck.
I'm running on Win7 btw.
The scanner is V1.6

Before you run that KBScanner , i think there are :

Start01 folder:
crc
info
name
savedata(original name :data)

Start01.sav(zipped from Start01 whole folder)

"Start01" is customizable name.

Right ?

travelingoz
11-06-2012, 05:51 PM
Yep. Those are the 2 files i've added to the KBScanner main directory folder.

skycrow
11-06-2012, 06:11 PM
Yep. Those are the 2 files i've added to the KBScanner main directory folder.

If you don't care , we can discuss with pm .

I guess the thread can be a heavy thread filled with Q&A .

travelingoz
11-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Ok all, finally figured out how to make it work for me......

6) go into Start01 and rename data to savedata
7) go back into KBscanner directory
8 ) zip Start01 into Start01.zip

Tarnim

after 6) i needed to remain in the save folder and create a new zip file from the 4 files INSIDE the folder. Going back to the KBScanner directory and zipping the entire folder wasn't working for me.

Also, no spaces in the renamed zip file.....:grin:

skycrow
11-08-2012, 12:36 PM
Start01 folder:
crc
info
name
savedata(original name :data)

Start01.sav(zipped from Start01 whole folder)

I think i mentioned the detail .After all ,congratulations on your good end .

BTW, I repack the KBScanner ,which work on WotN build6246(patch 1) and

add DB_EDIT 0.75.Feel free to download it .

Reference to these threads :
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11780
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=33960
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=14731
and this thread .Thanks for their helpful posts and attached files.

I think it seems to be necessary to replace new loc_ses.kfs file when new patches are released .

travelingoz
11-08-2012, 01:20 PM
Yes, thanks a lot for trying to help me Skycrow! :grin:

Sorry for correcting your English, but to make it clearer you should say "zip the 4 files IN that folder" or "zip the contents(內容) of that folder".

Start01.sav(zipped from Start01 whole folder) Sounds like you should include the folder too.

BTW Skycrow, is that different to the one you PM'd me the link for? Should i download this one? I'm guessing we still have to rename the data file and zip?

skycrow
11-08-2012, 02:27 PM
They are different .I just repack them,you still have to do same steps .

You can consider downloading newer one with DB_EDIT.

I try methods you mentioned ,and they both work .But if xxxx.sav is zipped from whole

folder ,you can get a backup folder with original savedata file.That original savedata file

can help you save some time if rescanning despite backup folder left.

namad
11-08-2012, 09:59 PM
i tried to follow these steps but the scanner just says it scanned 0files like as if it couldn't find anything useful in the start01.sav

although it also creates a new folder which is start01 folder and contains only one file the savedata file... like as if the scanner unzipped the sav got that far and found the file invalid and so quit?

namad
11-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Yes, thanks a lot for trying to help me Skycrow! :grin:

Sorry for correcting your English, but to make it clearer you should say "zip the 4 files IN that folder" or "zip the contents(內容) of that folder".

Start01.sav(zipped from Start01 whole folder) Sounds like you should include the folder too.

BTW Skycrow, is that different to the one you PM'd me the link for? Should i download this one? I'm guessing we still have to rename the data file and zip?

so wait do i zip the folder start01? or do i just zip the files inside? should the zip include a folder? or should all files be at the root level? maybe this is why i couldn't get it to work before?

edit: YEP IT WORKED ! thanks!

namad
11-08-2012, 10:22 PM
fastland ingvar castle is listed as having 210 warrior maiden's for sale, yet when I go there, there are 0!

is this a bug? or will they be added later on in the plot?

gunnyhighway
11-08-2012, 11:18 PM
K can someone explain a simple way for us not to inclined with game folders and what not to make this work? Or at least make a mod that adds all the important spells to the game so that we don't get screwed over and not get a lot of fun spells before the game ends.

I don't wanna cheat and just add some scroll with the console command. I wanna work to find it I just wanna know its gonna be there for the hardwork.

skycrow
11-09-2012, 12:20 AM
K can someone explain a simple way for us not to inclined with game folders and what not to make this work? Or at least make a mod that adds all the important spells to the game so that we don't get screwed over and not get a lot of fun spells before the game ends.

I don't wanna cheat and just add some scroll with the console command. I wanna work to find it I just wanna know its gonna be there for the hardwork.

Maybe you can try it by following the thread at first .

DGDobrev
11-09-2012, 06:28 AM
fastland ingvar castle is listed as having 210 warrior maiden's for sale, yet when I go there, there are 0!

is this a bug? or will they be added later on in the plot?

Should be the latter. Sometimes there are units that are added later to the pool. Usually it goes with an Assortment X info. X is usually the number of things you need to do for the guy to get it. 0 means it is available straight away, 1 means a quest or something. Used to be like this in KBAP/CW.

travelingoz
11-09-2012, 11:22 AM
Any of you guys have any idea about this location?

Does anyone know exactly where Bayburn is in the Western Freedom Isles? KBScanner says there is an Ancient Amulet there and as I've just unlocked those maps, i'm keen to get it before i do anymore fights! Also it looks like there's a quest later that also gives you one....."Alliance with Vikings". I guess that's much later in the game and requires a a much higher level to complete? Sounds kind of a waste if that's the case because you need 50 fights to unlock the 10 magic runes. Anyone done this quest? If so what level do you need and can it be done earlier? I'm drooling at the possibility of having 2 of these on my Mage!

Thanks!

DeepSoul
01-13-2015, 01:04 PM
I tried this for Dark Side but it says "0 files scanned". I did all the steps described here but I guess it's hard for anyone else to help. Can you just tell me if the save file should still be a zip file called xxx.sav?

Boozie
02-04-2015, 08:33 PM
I tried this for Dark Side but it says "0 files scanned". I did all the steps described here but I guess it's hard for anyone else to help. Can you just tell me if the save file should still be a zip file called xxx.sav?

I would try http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=375083133.

The presentation of this guide is pretty convoluted. But if you sift through it you can see you have to rename 2 files and zip to a .sav.

Boozie
02-06-2015, 01:32 AM

I know this is really late, but I just got around to tinkering w/ the scanner. If it says 0 files scanned, you have messed up the name of your file. What you need to do:

1. zip the file (make sure it's an actual .zip and not a .rar or something).
2. SHOW FILE EXTENSIONS
3. Change the .zip to .sav (if you werne't showing extensions your file is xxx.sav.zip which is bad. You want xxx.sav)
4. Run Scanner
5. Profit

Feel free to post here with more questions I will help.

Chodetaculous
03-13-2015, 12:04 AM
I've done this with Warriors of the North and I don't know how to read the outputted file. Its HUGE, and I can search (ctrl-f the huge text file) for things like "paladin" but when it finds those lines, I don't know what to read, like if I wanted to find a location that has a paladin for hire.

I am checking if my game has paladins to buy and any Ancient Knowledge scrolls but I do not know how to look for it in this big file the scanner generates.

Chodetaculous
03-13-2015, 12:50 AM
I finally figured out how to use this. But more importantly, where is this?

Nordlig (TEST) Resource Scroll Ancient Knowledge 1

I've killed everything on Nordlig - I don't have an Ancient Knowledge scroll, and I'd love to get one!

zelurker
09-23-2017, 01:55 AM
Thanks for the explanation about using kbscanner with kbwotn, works well.
I used this because I came to wonder : the valhalla edition is supposed to contain a "valhalla set", but I never saw it. I started a new game, and searched "valhalla" in the report and found nothing !
Oh well all this is way too old, so I don't expect a reply... !