PDA

View Full Version : Yay, more bugged quests

xhan
10-31-2012, 12:00 PM
Seriously, havent seen such a crappy un-tested release in a long time .. really puts the (otherwise awesome!) KB series to shame ..

1. [Talking Bear] I'm supposed to talk to the mightiest mage in Arlania (which I assume is Rezo) .. however, after I got the staff of starlight I cannot interact with his tower anymore. When i click it, nothing happens at all, no dialog box or anything.

2. [Delayed Salary] I have to talk to Iron Richard in Arlania too - I bring up the quest topic and the dialog just ends and it pops me back into the castle window.

Really getting annoyed by this, ****ing fix that broken mess already 1C

Fatt_Shade
10-31-2012, 12:37 PM
Talk about half ass job, check a bit around game files and you`ll find :
1) all lizardmen units listed there.Why if they arent available in game ?
2) in times.txt also all lizardmen units are present , also all dress type items are still there, and in hero inventory there is no dress slot, instead there is all brand NEW clothing type of items, and guess what in game code they are dresses. So yea your Norse hero is drag queen.
3) in game files are still all rage spirit files from the Legend (Sleem, Zerock, Lina and Death spirit cant remember his name) with all their skills.
4) bug in game mechanics . . . like 100000 of them

So far I`m and 90% of players are not impressed :-(

marc
10-31-2012, 12:42 PM
Yeah it makes you wonder how it could have taken them so long to release the game, with so little new stuff, and so many bugs.

I've also had some nasty battle crash bugs. Still, even in this state, the game is incredibly addictive. It's like an addict getting his fix - even if it comes with all kind of unwanted crap, it still hits the spot! ;)

Mandea
10-31-2012, 12:58 PM
Well, it's obvious why they are in the game files. Because the developers received the code with everything. this is not a problem, I am supposed to play this game, not look into its files. If you want to do it, ok, but you shouldn't be upset for what you find.

But the bugs are annoying, and there are many. upgradable items which don't want to upgrade, wrong descriptions etc.

Fatt_Shade
10-31-2012, 01:22 PM
@Mandea why would it be obvious that they are in game files (i took me 2 hours to check those .kfs archives and find 20 files that have no place in game they arent part of)? If this game got announced 2 years ago and then got delayed for last 8 months question is what were they doing if not checking for bugs/mistakes.
New islands in game ? 4, all other is copy/paste from the Legend.
Units ? Vikings and even they are bugged. At least they could talk to red sands crew and implement their undead units (Sinister, Medium, Evil genius, Disciple of darkness, Driad, Fire/Venom/Glass skeleton, Ice thorn) to make a bit variety in this undead infested game. Copy their files, give them some credit and more interesting game is done.
Items, skills, spells . . . I can make new item/spell in game in less then 1 hour, and my modding skills are very low.
So again question ? What did 1C publishing studio been doing in this game to take so long, and then release this bug covered game.

Highborne
10-31-2012, 02:22 PM
Seriously, havent seen such a crappy un-tested release in a long time .. really puts the (otherwise awesome!) KB series to shame ..

1. [Talking Bear] I'm supposed to talk to the mightiest mage in Arlania (which I assume is Rezo) .. however, after I got the staff of starlight I cannot interact with his tower anymore. When i click it, nothing happens at all, no dialog box or anything.
Go further in the game, the tower opens up later.

2. [Delayed Salary] I have to talk to Iron Richard in Arlania too - I bring up the quest topic and the dialog just ends and it pops me back into the castle window.

Really getting annoyed by this, ****ing fix that broken mess already 1C

Not sure about the Iron Richard thing, mine worked fine I gave troops to the dude and talked to Iron Richard after, and he gave me 500g for the guy's salary.

camelotcrusade
10-31-2012, 03:52 PM
I'll add Talking Bear to the bug thread and suggest they add some "come back later" dialog instead of making it seem like you can finish it early. I've seen this come up several times.

RE Iron Richard when bugs can't be reproduced the devs want save games. I would send your savegame to Nike-IT in a PM. He has asked me before to let him know who reported what when he can't reproduce the bug. It could also be like the Talking Bear and maybe you need more progress but the game isn't giving you that clue.