PDA

View Full Version : Working on Language Mod

Zechnophobe
10-31-2012, 12:49 AM
HOW TO INSTALL
Unzip the contents of the downloaded zip into the addon/mods directory.
You will have to make the 'mods' directory if it doesn't already exist.

Alright, I've started work on a language mod. So far I plan to target three areas:

1) Tooltips for creatures
2) Tooltips for Items
3) Tooltips for class skills

If you could help me out by listing any tooltips that are bad, in these three areas for now, it would help a lot. Some tips I'd like to actually research to see what the effects actually are before I finalize it.

Note that I have no plans to include any game changes in this, just an update to the language so it is easier to play.

Edit: Latest version 0.0.2 of Language pack

Changelog:
Version 0.0.1
Updated Paladin Prayer skill
Updated Paladin Second Wind
Updated Rune Mage Destruction Skill
Updated Rune Mage Phantom Skill (Includes phantom duration)
Updated Rune Mage Runic Word Skill
Updated Cursed Ghost's Scream Skill
Updated Necromancer's Raise Undead Skill
Updated the Necromancer's Plague Skill
Updated Royal Thorn's Germination Skill

Version 0.0.2
Updated Run Skill for all units
Updated Dash skill for Berserker
Updated Berserk skill for all units
Updated Wolf's Howl Skill
Updated Soothsayer's Ice Storm Skill
Updated Soothsayer's Loki's Touch Skill
Updated Soothsayer's Arcane Healing Skill
Updated Marauder's Search Skill
Updated Robber's Greed Skill
Updated all unit's Web skill
Updated Archmage's Fighting Trance Skill
Updated Inquisitor's Holy Anger Skill
Updated Jotun's Enchanting Skill (both versions)
Updated Jotun's Icy Breath Skill
Updated Bowman's Fire Arrow Skill
Updated Bowman's Ice Arrow Skill (It actual freezes the target!)

Version 0.0.3
Viking Class Skill Updates:
Rage Control
Rage Ready
Frenzy
Quick Draw

Skald Class Skill Updates:
Diversions
Favorite of the Gods
Persuasion (Only works for racial modifiers)

Soothsayer Class Skill Updates:
Rune Magic (Specified combat runes, and distribution)
Transmute (Mentions spell restriction)
Artifactor(Lol, mechanisms?)
Concentration (Mentions reduced effect in long combats)
Creation (Fixed typo displaying the duration twice)
Soothsayer (skill)

Version 0.1.1
Olaf's Rage Skills are now displayed as such, and references to them are more explicit. Effects:
Lord of the North
Viking Vortex
Ice Blade's
Loki's Aid
Rage Ready
Icy Rage

Item Tooltip Updates
Rind Rave (Mentions crystal cost in special)
Chain of Chance (Clears up who is cursed and when)
Banner of True Faith (Refers to mind runes instead of spirit runes, fix missing space)

Spell Tooltip Updates
Changed spell durations to not say 'of'.
Battle Cry (Notes increases all troops init)
Precision (Slight grammar fix)
Greasy Mist (Describes damage decrease, and doesn't pretend it won't effect your units)
Turn Back Time (Notes it returns health as well)
Gift (Correctly notes that it uses Defense runes)

Version 0.1.2
Creation Skill - Clarified slightly about spells it effects.
Sense Weakness Skill - Clarified to penalize enemy critical hit chance.
Artifactor Skill - Clearly states when you can get talent runes.
Trapper Award - Templated more similarly to Gifted Warrior
Favorite of the Valkyrie's Award - now specifies their boons instead of abilities. (Is that clearer?)
Acolyte of Odin Award - templated more similarly to Gifted Warrior
Speed Stat - Cleaned up the English on this tip.
Higher Magic Load Screen Tip - Fixed description to match ability.
Valkyrie Load Screen Tip - Refer to Valkyrie's by correct gender.
Training Ability - For orc hunter and druid, now correctly describes what it does.
Wild Call Ability - Clarifies that it doesn't end its turn, and that damage is shared both ways.
Mana Restoration Load Screen Tip - Removed reference to "Holy Anger" skill, and fixed english.
Valkyrie Skill Load Screen Tip - Mention their boons when talking (Makes the medal easier to understand)
Soothsayer Divine Hand Feature - Mentions it gains the Attack bonus when an ally makes a critical hit, not receives.
Midgard Edda - Correctly explains the chance to give all troops a bonus, but always giving one troop a bonus.

HOW TO INSTALL

Zechnophobe
10-31-2012, 02:31 AM
Alright, made a first pass on a few units skills, here's a little preview.

http://i.imgur.com/AUNS3.jpg?1

Highborne
10-31-2012, 02:35 AM
Amazing.

I'll try to look through some tonight when I get the chance.

camelotcrusade
10-31-2012, 03:49 AM
Sweet. I'm sure you know I have a small tooltip section on the bug thread (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35325). And reading it now, you'll find a few more description updates under Awards and also under Items. Maybe just do a find on description in case there are others. :p

Feel free to make up something colorful for the pre-order items. E.g., "An advance prayer to the gods has revealed this stunning piece of armor, which materialized out of thin air right into your lap." And ohhh - it would be great if you figured out how to add actual descriptions to the combat rune tooltips. Right now they just say their name and omit the part you really care about i.e. what the heck they do.

I'll be happy to link from there to the mod you make, too.

Edit: What did you come up with for the maiden's Call of Valhalla? I think I understand how it works, but it's hard to explain succintly. Right now if a unit dies and the maiden waits or does something else, you miss the rez if the unit goes again before the maidens do. So it can't go twice in a row after it takes the losses if you want to rez it. Maybe it should say "Restores a maximum of X forces of the targeted troop if they receive the Call of Valhalla before they act again."

Zechnophobe
10-31-2012, 07:55 AM
Just a small start, based pretty much on the units that I had on hand. Tried to be both more concise and more descriptive where possible.

Version 0.0.1
Updated Paladin Prayer skill
Updated Paladin Second Wind
Updated Rune Mage Destruction Skill
Updated Rune Mage Phantom Skill (Includes phantom duration)
Updated Rune Mage Runic Word Skill
Updated Cursed Ghost's Scream Skill
Updated Necromancer's Raise Undead Skill
Updated the Necromancer's Plague Skill
Updated Royal Thorn's Germination Skill

I'd have done more but I discovered something truly ridiculous ... but that's for another thread.

Xargon
10-31-2012, 08:46 AM
Great work! I find the translation rather puzzling, as the dialogue is usually alright (not perfect English, but perfectly comprehensible), but the ability descriptions are sometimes gibberish or simply misleading/wrong. Maybe a team translated only the dialogues and used some translation program for the abilities?

ikbenrichard
10-31-2012, 01:15 PM
Great work indeed. Keep it up and big thnx !

camelotcrusade
10-31-2012, 03:11 PM
Super, I'll make a note of this in the bug thread. Also - a very egregious tooltip/description is the Acolyte of Odin skill. It's trying to say you get credit for landing a killing blow with a spell. I'm not a soothsayer so I forget the exact wording, I just remember a friend in the other room laughing at it. :)

MattCaspermeyer
10-31-2012, 04:35 PM
First of all - thanks! :)

Second, I did the language mod for King's Bounty - The Legend so you can look at this type of posting system for errors:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=27813

I don't have a lot of time, but if you need help fixing anything just let me know. Also, I'm still not very far in the game so would like to finish the areas that you need help fixing before they get spoiled for me. One thing when I did the TL update is that you get to see all the conversation choices and realize that you missed a few things here and there.

Also, I've planned on doing AP / CW so let me know if you'd like to help with those games...

/C\/C\

Alright, I've started work on a language mod. So far I plan to target three areas:

1) Tooltips for creatures
2) Tooltips for Items
3) Tooltips for class skills

If you could help me out by listing any tooltips that are bad, in these three areas for now, it would help a lot. Some tips I'd like to actually research to see what the effects actually are before I finalize it.

Note that I have no plans to include any game changes in this, just an update to the language so it is easier to play.

Zechnophobe
11-01-2012, 03:27 AM
Another installment, hitting up some more Viking units for clarity.

Version 0.0.2
Updated Run Skill for all units
Updated Dash skill for Berserker
Updated Berserk skill for all units
Updated Wolf's Howl Skill
Updated Soothsayer's Ice Storm Skill
Updated Soothsayer's Loki's Touch Skill
Updated Soothsayer's Arcane Healing Skill
Updated Marauder's Search Skill
Updated Robber's Greed Skill
Updated all unit's Web skill
Updated Archmage's Fighting Trance Skill
Updated Inquisitor's Holy Anger Skill
Updated Jotun's Enchanting Skill (both versions)
Updated Jotun's Icy Breath Skill
Updated Bowman's Fire Arrow Skill (It actual freezes the target!)
Updated Bowman's Ice Arrow Skill

I noticed in testing, that Bowmens Ice arrow now deals percent damage like other freezing effects, making it substantially stronger than it used to be.

From now on, I'll be placing the mod in the Original Post, so check there for 0.0.2 version.

camelotcrusade
11-01-2012, 03:46 AM
Yay! Keep at it. :)

QNk
11-01-2012, 03:55 AM
I cleaned up the skill descriptions and repackaged into your KFS (v0.0.2). Some skills haven't been figured out yet so I left those alone, but most everything else should be more comprehensible.

camelotcrusade
11-01-2012, 04:28 AM
You guys are great. Any plans to tackle Valkyrie skills? One of the upgrades has no description at all and another one assumes you know that it can leave chargers (I didn't until I read about a bug with them). Both of those are listed in the bugs thread.

I imagine their rage skill descriptions in general would benefit from cleanup, too.

jonagold
11-01-2012, 05:46 PM
My apologies in advance, especially if this has already been answered (I searched, but did not find anything) but I couldn't figure out where to place the file / which one to replace - a quick hint would be very kind!

In any case, thank you very much for your hard work, it is much appreciated!

Zechnophobe
11-01-2012, 05:48 PM
session/addon/mods

Just place the .kfs file in the zip in there. The mods folder won't exist unless you've made it, so make it!

jonagold
11-01-2012, 07:21 PM
session/addon/mods

Just place the .kfs file in the zip in there. The mods folder won't exist unless you've made it, so make it!

Thank you! (I read somewhere that the mods folder should be created within the data folder - which obviously didn't work..)

Zechnophobe
11-02-2012, 02:59 AM
Skill Updates, round 1

Version 0.0.3
Viking Class Skill Updates:
Rage Control
Rage Ready
Frenzy
Quick Draw

Skald Class Skill Updates:
Diversions
Favorite of the Gods
Persuasion (Only works for racial modifiers)

Soothsayer Class Skill Updates:
Rune Magic (Specified combat runes, and distribution)
Transmute (Mentions spell restriction)
Artifactor(Lol, mechanisms?)
Concentration (Mentions reduced effect in long combats)
Creation (Fixed typo displaying the duration twice)
Soothsayer (skill)

I didn't do ALL the skills, since some are currently broken, and some I haven't directly used. Also some are simple enough no change is really needed.

Zechnophobe
11-02-2012, 04:10 PM
Well Loyal Viewers, I was asked by 1C if they could use some of the 0.0.2 text in the official game, so looks like my toils are not unwatched! (They also gave me a special thanks in the credits, I'm a super-star!)

Guess I'd better make sure to finish what I started!

camelotcrusade
11-02-2012, 11:40 PM
Congrats! I love to see fan-dev collaboration like that. :)

Also, when you get around to items, the Spear of Rage says "+20% gain in the battle of fury" which really ought to say "+20% rage gained in battle."

Zechnophobe
11-06-2012, 04:15 AM
Version 0.1.1
Olaf's Rage Skills are now displayed as such, and references to them are more explicit. Effects:
Lord of the North
Viking Vortex
Ice Blade's
Loki's Aid
Rage Ready
Icy Rage

Item Tooltip Updates
Rind Rave (Mentions crystal cost in special)
Chain of Chance (Clears up who is cursed and when)
Banner of True Faith (Refers to mind runes instead of spirit runes, fix missing space)

Spell Tooltip Updates
Changed spell durations to not say 'of'.
Battle Cry (Notes increases all troops init)
Precision (Slight grammar fix)
Greasy Mist (Describes damage decrease, and doesn't pretend it won't effect your units)
Turn Back Time (Notes it returns health as well)
Gift (Correctly notes that it uses Defense runes)

I took a look at the items in the Tooltip area of the bug thread but most were a little beyond the scope of what I'm doing here. Still got some fixes in.

camelotcrusade
11-06-2012, 05:04 AM
Cool. You're totally right most of the tooltip items were out of scope - in fact, I only see a few left that are simple description updates (chain of chance, song of midgard, lackluster valkyrie upgrade descriptions and the maiden abilities). I decided to just remove the chain of chance reference and let you handle that and similar updates in your change log rather than double post them. I'm pointing people to this thread right under the tooltips section.

Once you've covered the midgard song and valkyrie upgrade issues I may remove those too... they aren't that confusing but so we don't miss them I'd like to keep them listed until they're covered. As for the call of valhalla and gift of odin, I may leave those in because people frequently cite them as bugs. Call of Valhalla is pretty tricky to summarize for all its nuances (if it's even worth trying to do) and the Gift of Odin doesn't say it's dependent on target stack leadership size for the no retaliation to work.

Edit - not sure if you can do hero descriptions (enemy heroes) but I was disappoined to see Devilfish didn't have one. Maybe you could make something amusing. :) He's a bit hard to find as it is (looong quest chain).

skycrow
11-06-2012, 05:42 AM
Thank you for working on this mod .

It's very helpful .

camelotcrusade
11-07-2012, 08:30 PM
We have recently learned that the Phoenix breath burn chance depends on the level of the Phoenix. Level 1 (Young Phoenix) has a 70% burn chance. Level 2 (Adult Phoenix) has an 85% chance. And level 3 (Ancient Phoenix) has a 100% chance. If you like, the Phoenix spell could mention the burn chance goes up with the spell level.

PS - The underline tag in the raven item shows up as [/u] in-game for me. Thanks for having it mention the crystal cost.

Toxo
11-08-2012, 09:23 AM
Just wanted to make a quick little post saying thank you to you guys, for all your hard work and dedication to making this great game even greater.

So...thank you guys :D

Avi
11-08-2012, 11:20 PM
Ok going to give this a try out, after I just ruined my mind-talent runes and watch my rune mages be totally gimp again.

Just a quick question which probably is very obvious for anyone else, but where do I put the file? Could you include some quick explanation in the starting post. Not all of us are computer wizards here. I'm assuming it goes in the same /addon folder, but it would be very nice to get some confirmation.

Big congrats on making the credits :) Since I'm playing very slow it will be a little while before I can see myself.

Zechnophobe
11-08-2012, 11:30 PM
Oh, I totally thought I'd noted that in the first post. I guess I only specified in the post where I first attached stuff.

Zechnophobe
11-09-2012, 07:49 AM
Updated with version 1.1.2

Version 0.1.2
Creation Skill - Clarified slightly about spells it effects.
Sense Weakness Skill - Clarified to penalize enemy critical hit chance.
Artifactor Skill - Clearly states when you can get talent runes.
Trapper Award - Templated more similarly to Gifted Warrior
Favorite of the Valkyrie's Award - now specifies their boons instead of abilities. (Is that clearer?)
Acolyte of Odin Award - templated more similarly to Gifted Warrior
Speed Stat - Cleaned up the English on this tip.
Higher Magic Load Screen Tip - Fixed description to match ability.
Valkyrie Load Screen Tip - Refer to Valkyrie's by correct gender.
Training Ability - For orc hunter and druid, now correctly describes what it does.
Wild Call Ability - Clarifies that it doesn't end its turn, and that damage is shared both ways.
Mana Restoration Load Screen Tip - Removed reference to "Holy Anger" skill, and fixed english.
Valkyrie Skill Load Screen Tip - Mention their boons when talking (Makes the medal easier to understand)
Soothsayer Divine Hand Feature - Mentions it gains the Attack bonus when an ally makes a critical hit, not receives.
Midgard Edda - Correctly explains the chance to give all troops a bonus, but always giving one troop a bonus.

ivra
11-09-2012, 09:26 AM
First of all: Thank you very much for your work :)

I found a small error in the description of the Disregard for Pain ability of the Berserker unit. I tested it to verify that the troop indeed gets a boost to its defenses when hit.

The description says:
With every missed hit, the Berserker becomes less sensitive to pain, increasing resistance to all types of damage by 5%. The maximum bonus to all Resistances is +25%.

It should be:
With every hit, the Berserker becomes less sensitive to pain, increasing resistance to all types of damage by 5%. The maximum bonus to all Resistances is +25%.

Or something similar, like "Every time the troop is hit, it...". The point is that the troop gets the bonus when it is hit, not when it misses its own attack. I also found out that counter-attack did not give any bonus, but damage from poison did. So maybe something like "Every time the troop is hit, except damage taken from counter-attacks, it..." is better.

Oh, and I used troop instead of Berserker since I prefer the more generic term since an ability can be used by more than one unit.

Avi
11-09-2012, 10:06 AM
Oh, I totally thought I'd noted that in the first post. I guess I only specified in the post where I first attached stuff.

No problem, thanks for the explanation. It would be a good idea to include a little "readme.txt" file with installation instructions and maybe version update. Can be a simple as a copy / paste from your original post. Then again if you want to keep the file as small as possible (but let's face it, we're not stuck in 1999 where every kb mattered) you could keep it out.

Anyway much appreciated. I'll give the language a try this evening.

Zechnophobe
11-09-2012, 08:10 PM
First of all: Thank you very much for your work :)

I found a small error in the description of the Disregard for Pain ability of the Berserker unit. I tested it to verify that the troop indeed gets a boost to its defenses when hit.

The description says:
With every missed hit, the Berserker becomes less sensitive to pain, increasing resistance to all types of damage by 5%. The maximum bonus to all Resistances is +25%.

It should be:
With every hit, the Berserker becomes less sensitive to pain, increasing resistance to all types of damage by 5%. The maximum bonus to all Resistances is +25%.

Or something similar, like "Every time the troop is hit, it...". The point is that the troop gets the bonus when it is hit, not when it misses its own attack. I also found out that counter-attack did not give any bonus, but damage from poison did. So maybe something like "Every time the troop is hit, except damage taken from counter-attacks, it..." is better.

Oh, and I used troop instead of Berserker since I prefer the more generic term since an ability can be used by more than one unit.

Okay, I'll give that one a look! 1.3 is the first version where I modified the Unit Features (like the dull pain feature). There is a whole lot of text there, whoo boy.

In regards to 'troop'. I'm thinking about making a pass to cleanup language there. I feel like 'stack' is often clearer, but slightly jargony. "Unit" seems to not imply the full group. Troop is used in some places but not all. Not sure which one I'll go with.

Avi
11-10-2012, 10:53 AM
In regards to 'troop'. I'm thinking about making a pass to cleanup language there. I feel like 'stack' is often clearer, but slightly jargony. "Unit" seems to not imply the full group. Troop is used in some places but not all. Not sure which one I'll go with.

Hmm I feel troop covers it well. Stack is more like a stack of cards, not sure it works that well with a stack of creatures. Same goes for 'band'. Unit can be ok to use in cases where each 10 units make a troop / band / mob / stack / pile stronger.

camelotcrusade
11-11-2012, 06:12 PM
I also like the term troops.

This just in from the bugs thread - can you add a quest tag to the item "Werewolf skin"? Not sure if that is handled via the description or not, but if so it is should have this tag but it's missing it.

ivra
11-13-2012, 01:32 PM
I just have to comment on this talent (running the unmodified game)...

The Demon Unit has a Talent called "Bloody Pentagram" with the description "Creates a bloody pentagram, which..." This made me laugh real loud. In my ears this is just the British version of "******* Pentagram" with the description "Creates a ******* pentagram, which..." as an American would have said. Now, according to dictionaries, the word "bloody" can mean blood-strained among other things. But in my ears the word "bloody" has become identical to the word "****". The only difference is whether or not it is a Brit or American talking. Since I am Norwegian with only a limited insight into both British and US English I might be wrong. But I feel that "Blood-strained Pentagram" or just "Blood Pentagram" would be better. Then on the other hand, games are created to entertain people, and the current wording made me laugh, so maybe it shouldn't be changed... :grin:

Note: I actually wrote the real word instead of the ********, but it was censored by the forum. I guess you can imagine what word I am hinting at. It starts with F ;)

Oh, talking about Demons. The price of the Demon is priceless!!! (being 666)

Xargon
11-15-2012, 07:49 PM
"Frozen" effect reduces attack and defense by 20%, I think. This is not mentioned in the description of the effect (for burning or poison, there is something in the description mentioning that defense/attack is reduced). This is a significant debuff, and makes blizzard and other cold spells even better...

Zechnophobe
11-15-2012, 08:43 PM
"Frozen" effect reduces attack and defense by 20%, I think. This is not mentioned in the description of the effect (for burning or poison, there is something in the description mentioning that defense/attack is reduced). This is a significant debuff, and makes blizzard and other cold spells even better...

I believe what you are seeing is the morale penalty of having a negative effect on a unit. If you have one negative, zero positive, effects, you will get -1 Morale. -1 Morale gives -20% defense, attack, and I think some penalty to critical hit chance).

Xargon
11-15-2012, 10:25 PM
Ah, sorry, you are probably right. I'm too tired to check right now, but I did not account for morale.
(I'll still have to check though, as it was definitely 20% and I only the cold effect - there were 2 stacks of cyclopses, one with the cold effect and one without, that I observed)

edit: OK, I guess I made even more of a fool out of myself... 20% is the penalty for -1 morale, right?

Nirual
11-17-2012, 10:51 AM
Ah, sorry, you are probably right. I'm too tired to check right now, but I did not account for morale.
(I'll still have to check though, as it was definitely 20% and I only the cold effect - there were 2 stacks of cyclopses, one with the cold effect and one without, that I observed)

edit: OK, I guess I made even more of a fool out of myself... 20% is the penalty for -1 morale, right?

If you mouseover the morale icon, it should tell you the current morale effect.

Xargon
11-17-2012, 11:27 AM
If you mouseover the morale icon, it should tell you the current morale effect.

Yes, but I was not at home, so I could not check... but of course, Zechnophobe was right and it was just -1 morale because of one negative effect.

Xargon
11-17-2012, 04:01 PM
The droid optimization module description says "+25% resistance to droids". It grants your droids 25% magic resistance, none of the other resistances (this is likely intended, but unclear from the description).

tataarymirtha
11-20-2012, 05:23 AM
I have a bugged achievement, Favorite of the Valkyrie's Award - now specifies their boons instead of abilities.what boons?how to use it?sorry for the bad language.
thx you

Cantello
12-05-2012, 09:18 AM
Any ideas on how to install this on the Mac version? There is no addons/mods folder that I can find.

camelotcrusade
12-06-2012, 07:48 PM
@Zechnophobe, do you know if this mod was officially incorporated into the game? If it has been (they hinted at english fixes in the last patch) then I'd like to update the bugs thread under text and tooltips to change everything green to grey. That would mean issues resolved by your mod were officially included.

If anyone reading is playing without this language mod, let me know if anything has been fixed that I've listed under text, menus and tooltips here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35325).

messiahgov
12-31-2012, 08:34 AM
The whole work for German and I would be happy. ^^

BB Shockwave
03-16-2013, 12:34 PM
I'm working on a better english translation of the game myself - mostly focusing on the spell/skill descriptions, and NPC dialogue, as although I am not a native english speaker, the translation of the game is painful to read even to me...

BB Shockwave
03-16-2013, 05:46 PM
Here is a quick Language mod for all the spell description (including Wanderer Scrolls) for the game. I tried to fix most of the grammatical errors, as well as update the description to be more accurate where it was needed (I mean, how many more games before they add that Battle Cry is a MASS spell? or that Turn Back Time restores lost units?) Got rid of the annoying "3 of a round" stuff as well.

Obviously, as I have not finished the game and tried all the spells yet, I might be wrong in some cases (though I did check the spell mechanics where possible), so if anyone finds some problems, please let me know.

Feel free to use this, just copy it inside loc.ses.

Btw, discovered you can delete spells from the Favourites now while doing this. Nifty!

ryak2002
05-02-2013, 05:08 AM
Your text is much improved from the default. It would be nicer if you could package it as a mod, though.

BB Shockwave
06-03-2013, 04:44 AM
Your text is much improved from the default. It would be nicer if you could package it as a mod, though.

Thanks!

Sorry I lack the time nowadays. I was at home due to an accident when I made this, with lots of free time.

If anyone wishes to use it as a mod, feel free to change it.

MsCabbage
12-01-2013, 06:21 AM
I have read through this thread numerous times and I can't work out if either of these two language mods are still relevant or if they should be used together or one overrides the other...

I have extracted the files and can see they are different to the originals as the sizes are different. I am using them in the game now but can't tell if they have changed anything as I didn't know what they were fixing.

If someone knows it would be great to let us know as then the hard work that went into making these mods will be better utilised.

zelurker
01-11-2017, 11:49 AM
lol, I'll make a reply to this thread 4 years after the last post then !

1) is this mod still useful ? Well there is a picture of the result of this mod in the 2nd post of this thread, on the 1st page. It's about the phantom ability of the rune mages. You have access to them when you reach the 2nd part of the game, reaching greenswort without any army (and I find it's unfair to have to give up the vikings at this point and it's like starting another crossworlds here, but easier, anyway it's not the subject). So in the original game without the mod in the description of this ability you have something like "this unit dies until it dies" !!! See the picture for the result with the mod, in short yeah clearly it's still useful ! That was the main drawback of warriors of the north, this forum was abandonned and everythinhg here was ignored.

2) to install the mod, the file downloadable in the 1st post gives a "ZechLang Mod.kfs" file which is actually a rar file. Well for me mods are recognized only when they are zip files ! So you need to extract the files from this in a directory and then zip them to a file with this same name, then place it in session\addon.

Thanks for the work anyway to the original author, it's a pity there was not more development around this game, with such an amount of lua inside it's almost an open source game ! :)

abdoi
10-21-2018, 11:53 AM
Thanks Zechnophobe for your work!
and zelurker, you helped me finally get this mod to work by your post.