PDA

View Full Version : Non-Steam Physical Copy of WotN PLEASE!!

rickah88
10-30-2012, 08:11 PM
I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to have this. All the other games, to date, have been offered this way. It would be great if WotN followed suit.

rickah88
11-03-2012, 11:54 PM
bump

BB Shockwave
11-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Crossworlds started like this, too... remember? And half a year later we got a physical copy release. And then a Silver edition with AP. Do what I did, and wait... especially since right now, the game is unplayeable due to random crashes and bugs that make you tear out your hair in frustration.

I am playing XCom now, which is an awesome turn-based strategy. By the time I have finished it, I hope Katauri will fix WotN as well.

sethmage
11-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Even if you buy physical copy as you want, you still need steam to activate, and then chose to play off mode :)

billythegreat
11-06-2012, 03:35 PM
Yeah, but I don't have something to put on a shelf :)

dbgager
11-06-2012, 04:43 PM
You do realize a physical copy costs the developer more money. Software prices have not inflated in 20 years. The developers need some way to make a profit. Digital distribution is cheaper...therefore more profit.

Dwagginz
11-06-2012, 10:35 PM
You do realize a physical copy costs the developer more money. Software prices have not inflated in 20 years. The developers need some way to make a profit. Digital distribution is cheaper...therefore more profit.
Sales figures have gone up, though. And it doesn't cost the developer anything, it's the publisher who takes the hit, which is reclaimed with the sales. And if it's not profitable, then you're contradicted by the number of retail editions (even UK editions) of Armored Princess (i.e. a lot)

By not doing retail, 1C are missing out on a huge chunk of the market... and they will be doing retail, if the posts are to be believed.

namad
11-07-2012, 12:32 AM
faraway foreign company... makes it easier to do a digital release, they've been eventually getting to physical copies and that makes sense! creating the physical copies and then negotiating to have them appear in stores, and then getting them to those stores takes a long time.

anytime a game releases on steam on the same day it releases in the store, guess what? all they've done is needlessly and pointlessly delay the steam release by weeks or months! so something that SEEMS good, is actually quite bad for gamers! (it's only good for the retail outlets)

rickah88
11-07-2012, 11:34 PM
Crossworlds started like this, too... remember? And half a year later we got a physical copy release. And then a Silver edition with AP. Do what I did, and wait... especially since right now, the game is unplayeable due to random crashes and bugs that make you tear out your hair in frustration.

I am playing XCom now, which is an awesome turn-based strategy. By the time I have finished it, I hope Katauri will fix WotN as well.

You're exactly right! I've never been a "need it now" person when it comes to PC games. I just wanted to get some sort of confirmation that a physical copy would be coming to the US. Ultimately I would rather not have to bother with Steam, so I'm hoping by the time a US copy hits, Steam will only be an opition, and not mandatory.
I did notice that WotN is now available for DD on Amazon. So, hopefully, the phyiscal copy will be available sometime soon.
So keep reporting those bugs people! :)

rickah88
11-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Was wondering if anyone from 1C can let us know when a physical copy will be made available in the US?

rickah88
11-19-2012, 12:52 AM
Was just wondering if anyone from 1C can elaborate on this?

monkeydog
11-19-2012, 02:45 AM
I was hoping for a physical copy so I could get as a Christmas gift.

rickah88
11-20-2012, 12:48 PM
I was hoping for a physical copy so I could get as a Christmas gift.

I agree 100%...but it doesn't look like it will happen. :(
I like how there's a picture of the physical copy in the upper righthand corner! :???:

Bunnle
11-20-2012, 03:19 PM
I agree 100%...but it doesn't look like it will happen. :(
I like how there's a picture of the physical copy in the upper righthand corner! :???:

Haha, I noticed that too. That is pretty amusing.

Ryder
11-20-2012, 07:15 PM
Is there any danger of getting some sort of response to this? Just give us a rough estimate if you can but more importantly, just give us something FFS.

Blackwolf
11-21-2012, 01:09 AM
I'm also waiting on a disk too I've bought many of the kings bounty games and
prefer actual physical copies, yes , old fashioned old guy

patiently waiting
thank you

Breadfan
11-25-2012, 02:12 AM
Me too please.
Notice there's already a German version available on Amazon, why do we English speakers always have to wait?

J.B.
11-25-2012, 03:10 PM
Me too please.
Notice there's already a German version available on Amazon, why do we English speakers always have to wait?

The German Version is available only for preorder, but the release is delayed over and over again. I know, that it is still not pressed, because the german publisher is waiting for some new and working builts, which is OK for me. No problem to wait a few (weeks, month, who knows), because if they will release this retail, I like to have a game without bugs, wrong descriptions, missing tooltips, etc..

Greetz

J.B.

hippo
11-25-2012, 06:00 PM
Christmas is coming, I want a physical copy too.

ckdamascus
11-25-2012, 06:04 PM
Honestly, this game isn't ready for a gold press yet. :(

rickah88
11-25-2012, 10:20 PM
The German Version is available only for preorder, but the release is delayed over and over again. I know, that it is still not pressed, because the german publisher is waiting for some new and working builts, which is OK for me. No problem to wait a few (weeks, month, who knows), because if they will release this retail, I like to have a game without bugs, wrong descriptions, missing tooltips, etc..

Greetz

J.B.

That's fine, let the diehards pick the game apart for bugs. It would just be nice to hear from a 1C employee confirming the physical copy, pictured in the upper right corner of this screen, is on it's way with a possible release date.
I don't think that's asking a lot. :-|

J.B.
11-26-2012, 09:35 AM
That's fine, let the diehards pick the game apart for bugs. It would just be nice to hear from a 1C employee confirming the physical copy, pictured in the upper right corner of this screen, is on it's way with a possible release date.
I don't think that's asking a lot. :-|

You're right and I see no reason why the retail-version isn't listed in any other shop. I'll keep my fingers crossed, that you'll get this confirmation asap!

Greetz

J.B.

rickah88
11-27-2012, 12:53 PM
You're right and I see no reason why the retail-version isn't listed in any other shop. I'll keep my fingers crossed, that you'll get this confirmation asap!

Greetz

J.B.

Yeah, any info would be nice!

rickah88
12-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Just wondering if 1C has found anything out about this?

TundraCanine
12-02-2012, 10:45 PM
To me its alot more work for companys to make 2 versions.. 1 steam and then another physical.. Not to mention the patch issues.. copies avail from places other then this company... But thats as far as I will go on that.. Me personally I cant stand steam I think its nothing but an beg farm to get you to buy more games.. But again having stuff auto patched is cool and saves the total newbies on coming here asking questions how.
my .0002 cents on this, its about all its worth LOL.

rickah88
12-03-2012, 01:27 AM
To me its alot more work for companys to make 2 versions.. 1 steam and then another physical.. Not to mention the patch issues.. copies avail from places other then this company... But thats as far as I will go on that.. Me personally I cant stand steam I think its nothing but an beg farm to get you to buy more games.. But again having stuff auto patched is cool and saves the total newbies on coming here asking questions how.
my .0002 cents on this, its about all its worth LOL.

I understand 1C can make more money by selling digital downloads vs. physical copies. If anything, why not roll out the DD, let all the bugs and major patches cycle through, then release a physical copies for all old farts/diehards!
The entire series, to date, has been sold as as physical copies...and it still seems to be going strong. So why not keep it going?
You can tell that this thread with over 1000 views, probably has a few lurkers just waiting for the news!

rickah88
12-06-2012, 12:27 PM
Was just wondering if anyone from 1C can comment on this thread?

rickah88
12-13-2012, 12:58 PM
bump

Sneaksie
12-13-2012, 01:47 PM
There are retail versions available, but all of them require Steam to activate. After activation and updating you can switch Steam to offline mode, but I'm sure you know this already.

J.B.
12-13-2012, 02:56 PM
@Sneaksie

As far as I could see in the net the only place you can order a retail version right now seems to be Amazon Germany. They send my copy out today, so I can confirm that there are retail versions, but neither on Amazon.com nor on other big online stores I was able to find a possibility to order one.

Would it be possible for you to give some examples of where to order them?

Kind regards

J.B.

rickah88
12-13-2012, 07:05 PM
@Sneaksie

As far as I could see in the net the only place you can order a retail version right now seems to be Amazon Germany. They send my copy out today, so I can confirm that there are retail versions, but neither on Amazon.com nor on other big online stores I was able to find a possibility to order one.

Would it be possible for you to give some examples of where to order them?

Kind regards

J.B.

Yes! This!

rickah88
12-17-2012, 11:05 PM
bump

J.B.
12-18-2012, 07:10 AM
bump

If there will be no answer maybe the german version could be a solution, because you can choose the language (english is possbile) at the installation and also in your steam account. The only thing in german will be a short installation guide inside the box and the german manual, which is only a pdf-file. The english manual can be found on steam.

I don't know where you are located, but if you have an Amazon-account it should be possible for you to order that version.

BTW: There is only one german edition and this contains the Valhalla-Armor.

BR

J.B.

rickah88
12-18-2012, 10:38 PM
If there will be no answer maybe the german version could be a solution, because you can choose the language (english is possbile) at the installation and also in your steam account. The only thing in german will be a short installation guide inside the box and the german manual, which is only a pdf-file. The english manual can be found on steam.

I don't know where you are located, but if you have an Amazon-account it should be possible for you to order that version.

BTW: There is only one german edition and this contains the Valhalla-Armor.

BR

J.B.

I'm in the US, so the German edition would be more expensive to import, but that's not my concern. Obviously I don't see why this can't be released in the US, or at least, the UK. I ordered my KB:AP from AmazonUK months before the US ever got it.
So obviously a physical copy was pressed and released, why is it only isolated to Germany?
I apprciate all your help, but I wish the mods could answer this very simple question. With almost 2,000 views, I'm pretty sure other residents in various contries would like this as well.
Geeez 1C, don't leave part of your fanbase hanging, at least, provide some information!

J.B.
12-19-2012, 07:05 AM
I see your concerns and believe me, I totally agree. As long as no answer from 1C is showing up here, I thought of a possible option, if you were located in some part of Europe. For the US this is definetly non-realistic. :-(

Good luck & BR

J.B.

rickah88
12-20-2012, 04:36 PM
I see your concerns and believe me, I totally agree. As long as no answer from 1C is showing up here, I thought of a possible option, if you were located in some part of Europe. For the US this is definetly non-realistic. :-(

Good luck & BR

J.B.

Actually I found out in a blu-ray forum I frequent that AmazonDE has lowered their shipping costs(at least to the US), so maybe this could be the fallback plan. Although I would really like to have the box/manuals/etc in English.

Come on 1C TAKE MY MONEY!!!
Or, at least, license this out to some other software company that WILL release a physical copy!!

Sneaksie
12-21-2012, 10:22 AM
English retail version is planned to be released early (before spring?) next year, but I don't know where it will be sold yet.

rickah88
12-21-2012, 11:42 AM
English retail version is planned to be released early (before spring?) next year, but I don't know where it will be sold yet.

This post is proof that the world IS going to end tonight...just my luck! :grin:
Thank you so much for the heads up. Can't wait to buy it.

rickah88
03-14-2013, 03:00 PM

I was just wondering when we can expect to see preorders for this, as we move into Q2(spring)?

BB Shockwave
03-14-2013, 11:12 PM
The game is already purchaseable in Hungary/Slovakie/Poland/etc and despite the cover/manual text being translated, the game itself is in english. So you can easily buy it on Ebay... It costs 6000 HUF in Hungary, which is about 25$.

rickah88
03-15-2013, 12:05 PM
The game is already purchaseable in Hungary/Slovakie/Poland/etc and despite the cover/manual text being translated, the game itself is in english. So you can easily buy it on Ebay... It costs 6000 HUF in Hungary, which is about 25$.

I appreciate that, but I'd rather have a US, or UK, copy. Don't understand why it takes so long for that to happen. :confused:
Hopefully someone from 1C can provide an update.

Ryder
03-18-2013, 08:34 AM
It is a fucken disgrace that someone from 1C haven't given an answer yet.

rickah88
03-18-2013, 01:40 PM
It is a fucken disgrace that someone from 1C haven't given an answer yet.

I understand they are a small company and are quite busy, but yeah it doesn't take that long to post info on a msg board.
I can only hope when/if the news comes it's favorable.

Sneaksie
03-19-2013, 08:09 AM
The agreement hasn't been reached yet, but we're aiming at April. Please don't get your hopes up for now, I'll post an update when I have any additional info.

rickah88
03-19-2013, 11:11 PM
The agreement hasn't been reached yet, but we're aiming at April. Please don't get your hopes up for now, I'll post an update when I have any additional info.

Thank you so much for the update. Hopefully this happens, as I'm sure it will make a lot of fans happy.

rickah88
04-17-2013, 12:37 PM
So I'm assuming April is out the window.
How about a 2013 release? Is that a possibility?

Ryder
04-25-2013, 10:10 PM
So I'm assuming April is out the window.
How about a 2013 release? Is that a possibility?
:mrgreen:

rickah88
06-22-2013, 03:44 PM
Did anyone get the German physical copy? Is it playable in English? Game text, instructions, etc?
It's now available on Amazon UK, cheaper than AmazonDE and seeing as a US version will never happen because 1C has, pretty much, abandoned this project I guess I'll settle for this. I don't want to get it if it only plays in German.

drumour
06-22-2013, 07:30 PM
Also just noticed German version available on amazon uk... with free Uk delivery!... Like rickah88 asked is it playable in English?

rickah88
06-28-2013, 11:43 PM
Also just noticed German version available on amazon uk... with free Uk delivery!... Like rickah88 asked is it playable in English?

Well I just got a response from a German seller on AmazonUK, and he said that the game is only in German, and there is no option to change the language.
Thanks 1C.:rolleyes:

Metroplex
09-17-2013, 09:23 AM
I just bought an English physical copy from eBay, so it's available, don't know if it requires Steamcrapware though...

Blackwolf
10-18-2013, 03:52 PM
I just looked on amazon usa and I can get the cd for the music and I can download it
but no disk version yet... maybe never......

Blackwolf
11-12-2013, 07:24 PM
well, I gave up waiting on disk version, bought and dl the steam version..
have to say I'm up to level 17 and haven't encountered any bugs that
I can tell, enjoying the game so far....

:)