PDA

View Full Version : Wanderer scrolls?

Zechnophobe
10-30-2012, 07:29 PM
Hey guys, help me out here. I've been only getting in an hour or two a night, and am still fairly fresh in Greenwort. What kind of wanderer scrolls do we get in this? Is there still the unit creation ones? And how often do we get them?

Seems like you don't get hardly any, at the point I'm in.

keko4321
10-30-2012, 07:35 PM
and i'm at greenwort , so far i didn't find any , and Raven Rind can only write 2 for me
gift of stone and ancient knowledge .
been wondering the same ..

Zechnophobe
10-30-2012, 07:55 PM
and i'm at greenwort , so far i didn't find any , and Raven Rind can only write 2 for me
gift of stone and ancient knowledge .
been wondering the same ..

Well, I think he starts with gift of stone. So if he has ancient knowledge, you must have found a scroll of it and taught it to him. It's actually pretty easy to do on accident.

Maybe the paradigm here is more 'find one scroll, teach to bird'?

Zechnophobe
11-02-2012, 12:05 AM
Bumping this. Anyone near the end wanna give a nice list of the wanderer scrolls they've found?

How about which items they've found recipe's for? Do some items only come as recipe's, or perhaps it is instead that all items have a chance to be in recipe version?

Also, can you craft all items with crystals only, or are sometimes runes needed? Otherwise you could craft level 4 or 5 items, and then destroy them to turn money and crystals into runes. Just some thoughts.

Fatt_Shade
11-02-2012, 12:48 AM
Wanderer scrolls :
- titan sword +10 attack/2 battles
- titan armor +10 defense/2 battles
- depth of mind +10 intellect/2 battles
- mad rage +30 rage/2 battles
- mana flow +30 mana/2 battles
- ancient knowledge +50% exp/5 battles
- fortune smile +15 crit/3 battles
- flaming eyes +10% leadership/1 battle
- call colosus give 5th lvl units equal to hero leadership
- song of wind give some flying unit equal to hero leadership
- call of death give some undead unit equal to hero leadership

As for recipes :
- concentration band +1 intellect
- scaly armor +3defense
- scaly shield +3defense . +2 intellect
- scaly bracers +10 mana , +2 moral lizardmen (why are they in this game still???)
- silver rapier +30% attack vs undead
- student belt +1 defense/intellect , 7% to get class rune after battle
- crystal ball +5 all resistances
- demon tongue +10 rage , +10 crit% for demons
- holey plate +10% mana , -5 intellect
- wing wind +1speed to flying units
- shard of darkness +10attack and unlimited retaliations to black knights
- dark lord cape +2 attack/defense , +7 mana, +350 leadership

And max lvl of items crafted is 4th (saw in skills description), but as for costs in crystals/runes/gold i have no idea.

Nevar
11-02-2012, 02:16 AM
Crafting costs seem excessive, in my experience, especially considering how it takes crystals and an amount of mana that you might not even have.

Seeing how abundant gold is, I'd rather pay for them with gold if they could be bought in stores.

Zechnophobe
11-02-2012, 02:24 AM
Crafting costs seem excessive, in my experience, especially considering how it takes crystals and an amount of mana that you might not even have.

Seeing how abundant gold is, I'd rather pay for them with gold if they could be bought in stores.

I sorta like it. Especially since you can make more than one.

In previous titles I felt you always had waay more crystal than you ever needed, even without being a wizard. Now there is a way to expend crystals on stuff.

Nevar
11-02-2012, 03:42 AM
Fair enough. I'm still only Level 24, so I've no idea how many crystals I'll actually have end game. Still, it's basically something you're not going to do much of before end-game.

Also, I'd say being able to make multiple copies was a good thing, if not for the fact that we have no companions to carry extras. I know each class has multiple slots for certain item types, but still.

Xargon
11-02-2012, 10:27 AM
By the way: does the raven mention that he needs crystals to write wanderer's scrolls? I didn't remember reading that and was surprised when I noticed that he took 5 crystals for a scroll (getting them for free would be too easy, admittedly).

Nevar
11-02-2012, 11:23 AM
By the way: does the raven mention that he needs crystals to write wanderer's scrolls? I didn't remember reading that and was surprised when I noticed that he took 5 crystals for a scroll (getting them for free would be too easy, admittedly).

Nope. He doesn't mention that. I wouldn't have realized he took crystals if not for the forums.

sethmage
11-02-2012, 02:00 PM
At one point when I had less than 5 crystals he told me that he needs resources, and there was a 'note' in blue in the conversation box.

DeepSoul
12-13-2012, 04:37 PM
About the scaly bracers, maybe they give a boost to the scragg you summon with permafrost? Still not worth it, since the spell is too slow but that would be a reason for their existence at least.

Fatt_Shade
12-13-2012, 06:45 PM
@Deepsoul
No can do my friend, all summons by default have neutral moral and can change that by in game effects (plague , spell battle cry etc). So item doesn`t affect them, since it count as prebattle condition.

n1x0r
01-23-2013, 05:25 AM
Wanderer scrolls :

As for recipes :

And max lvl of items crafted is 4th (saw in skills description), but as for costs in crystals/runes/gold i have no idea.

Thanks for the list! :) But seems some of them has been balanced in Warriors of the north.
Atleast 'Flaming Eyes' now give 20% leadership/1 fight