PDA

View Full Version : "Paper for the professor" quest help

julksasas
10-30-2012, 03:55 PM
I need to find a bottle of ink and some paper for Professor Drotarr.
I don't know where to look. Can anyone help?

Khornn
10-30-2012, 09:18 PM
You can find the paper from the Archmage Rezo? at Arlania, but I haven't been able to find Ink (could be that I've destroyed em all).

jahes64
02-11-2015, 01:21 AM
Unfortunately i have already destroyed the ink unknowingly and now i am stuck in the quest.

Is there a way to get the ink via console commands?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

jahes64
02-14-2015, 08:13 PM
Unfortunately i have already destroyed the ink unknowingly and now i am stuck in the quest.

Is there a way to get the ink via console commands?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

???

jahes64
02-18-2015, 01:39 AM
Nobody is going to answer my simple question? :confused:

MattCaspermeyer
02-19-2015, 04:45 AM
You can search for the item in ITEMS.TXT and then add via the console cheat.

Type:

~

To open the console cheat and then:

item item_name_here

For the item from ITEMS.TXT that you want to add. If you don't specify the correct name, then nothing will happen.

Good luck finding it!

/C\/C\

jahes64
02-21-2015, 12:27 PM
You can search for the item in ITEMS.TXT and then add via the console cheat.

Type:

~

To open the console cheat and then:

item item_name_here

For the item from ITEMS.TXT that you want to add. If you don't specify the correct name, then nothing will happen.

Good luck finding it!

/C\/C\

Hi MattCaspermeyer :)

Many thanks for the answer. :)
But i can't find this file in my installation dir! Where is it located? :confused:
If it is of any importance, i am on GOG version of the game with DLC disabled. (wanted to experience the game, in its original form, the first time i play)

MattCaspermeyer
02-22-2015, 08:33 PM
You're going to have to dig deeper in these forums to get an understanding of the game file structure.

There is a lot of information in the King's Bounty subforums on where the files are, but I'll give you a short primer:

For GoG, you should have a King's Bounty - WotN Folder under you main GoG games folder.

Go to it. Under there you will see a "session" folder and then under there you'll see an "addon" folder. From here you'll find two files:

loc_ses.kfs
ses.kfs

These are essentially ZIP files renamed with the KFS extension. You can open them up in programs like 7Zip or copy the files to another (temporary) location to extract them. Note that I don't recommend extracting them into the King's Bounty folders. Inside ses.kfs you'll find ITEMS.TXT. You can then go through it (open it in Notepad or your favorite text editor) and see the item name codes (or you can search for such things as "ink" or "paper" and see if you can find those codes more quickly). Those are the codes you can use to add with the console cheat I mentioned previously.

Good luck, and be sure to read a lot of the info here in the forums (just search on either file name above and you'll find lots of information).

/C\/C\

jahes64
02-23-2015, 03:43 AM
You're going to have to dig deeper in these forums to get an understanding of the game file structure.

There is a lot of information in the King's Bounty subforums on where the files are, but I'll give you a short primer:

For GoG, you should have a King's Bounty - WotN Folder under you main GoG games folder.

Go to it. Under there you will see a "session" folder and then under there you'll see an "addon" folder. From here you'll find two files:

loc_ses.kfs
ses.kfs

These are essentially ZIP files renamed with the KFS extension. You can open them up in programs like 7Zip or copy the files to another (temporary) location to extract them. Note that I don't recommend extracting them into the King's Bounty folders. Inside ses.kfs you'll find ITEMS.TXT. You can then go through it (open it in Notepad or your favorite text editor) and see the item name codes (or you can search for such things as "ink" or "paper" and see if you can find those codes more quickly). Those are the codes you can use to add with the console cheat I mentioned previously.

Good luck, and be sure to read a lot of the info here in the forums (just search on either file name above and you'll find lots of information).

/C\/C\

Thanks again bro. :)
I was able to get the item and finish the quest. :grin: