PDA

View Full Version : [Mod] All Units on 1st Island, Medium quantity and Infinite

grimeleven
10-29-2012, 10:34 PM
Hello, back to modding :)

Here's a mod for having access to all units in the game on the 1st Island inside Tormund's Castle.

I decided to only use one building to make it less annoying to run all over the map for units. May not be for everyone taste, feel free to comment on ways of improving.

Use the mousewheel over the units to scroll through them faster instead on using the little arrow.

Two versions to choose from the archive.
WoTN All Units first Island Infinite: 9999 Units
WoTN All Units first Island Medium: From 300 to 500 units

Requires to start a new game to take effect

Enjoy!

Instruction:

Make a backup copy of the file \King's Bounty - Warriors of the North\sessions\addon\locations\north_nordligexp.em bryos.loc

Copy the file north_nordligexp.embryos.loc from the desired version folder into \King's Bounty - Warriors of the North\sessions\addon\locations\

Steam Instruction:
copy "All Units Infinity.kfs" into

C:\"Whatever folder you have Steam"\Steam\steamapps\common\King's Bounty - Warriors of the North\data\Mods\

If you don't have a Mods folder just create one.

Metathron
10-29-2012, 10:39 PM
Wow, that's great, I'll surely use this to fend off the boredom of the first island in future playthroughs.

amyndris
10-29-2012, 11:01 PM
Thank goodness for some variety!

Razorflame
10-30-2012, 03:58 PM
eh it doesn't work? or is it cause i have steam version?

Nevar
10-30-2012, 04:24 PM
I forgot to say thanks for this. Makes restarting way more interesting.

Razorflame
10-30-2012, 04:36 PM
meh can't get this to work :(

grimeleven
10-30-2012, 07:55 PM
meh can't get this to work :(

Ok, can you try something else, tell me if it works.

Download the attached file and from it, copy "All Units Infinity.kfs" into

C:\"Whatever folder you have Steam"\Steam\steamapps\common\King's Bounty - Warriors of the North\data\Mods\

Crinklo
10-30-2012, 08:29 PM
Ok, can you try something else, tell me if it works.

Download the attached file and from it, copy "All Units Infinity.kfs" into

Just tried it, worked fine. Thanks!

schu
10-31-2012, 06:56 AM
Hi there!

Doesn't seem to work for me, sadly. Followed your instructions regarding steam users to the letter.

Maybe missing something obvious? Fe. "complete first mission before units show in castle" etc.

The idea itself is great, can't wait to make it work :)

gunnyhighway
10-31-2012, 07:04 AM
If you install it right they show up right away

koltolv
10-31-2012, 07:12 AM
Thanks!
As already mentioned, this will definitely add some variety.

schu
10-31-2012, 08:10 AM
It works perfectly now after a system restart, beats me why.

Thank you for the mod :)

Razorflame
10-31-2012, 08:34 PM
still doesn't work
even after restart meh :(

amyndris
10-31-2012, 08:48 PM
I had to restart my game (ie. New Game) for it to pick up.

Razorflame
10-31-2012, 08:56 PM
yes i already tried it doesn't work :/

koltolv
11-01-2012, 07:24 AM
yes i already tried it doesn't work :/

I also have the Steam version and could not get the Steam mod to work. However, the non-Steam mod worked.

sulik
11-01-2012, 09:56 AM
I am interested in trying this mod on impossible but i am afraid if having all units accessible to buy would somehow made the game easier and later be boring to play.
Can someone who tried it to play this way a little longer advise me on what they think?

Colbert30
11-01-2012, 01:04 PM
I will try it after my first playthrough. Having all units available from the start I consider to be, indeed, very advantageous. But going a bit faster through the boring hordes of undead is something I'll look forward to after my first experience with the game.

Razorflame
11-01-2012, 01:55 PM
I also have the Steam version and could not get the Steam mod to work. However, the non-Steam mod worked.

well i tried both ways none of them work lol:)

as for giving u an advantage in beginning
heck this mod gives u a fair chance of beating the first island no loss with a proximatly 60% more chance

withhout this mod u have like 5% chance to get off the first island with no losses

and maybe that 5% is already way too high

sulik
11-02-2012, 10:03 AM
well i tried both ways none of them work lol:)

as for giving u an advantage in beginning

Would you then maybe agree that in later stages that advantage would not be
noticeable ,because i like convenience of it like not worrying if i will spend my
favorite units ,so i am not obsessing about it during fight (maybe it would be more enjoyable experience because of that fact ,that is why i`m asking)

Razorflame
11-02-2012, 03:37 PM
well i got i to work finally after a re-install :)

Well in the beginning you would be OP but later on the stages it doesn't really matter

the beginning is rididoulously hard without this mod
Only managed to do a no-loss 2 times out of 50 on the starting island lol

after the first island it's getting easier and easier imho since u get better unit selections and the main part will still be raping the undead(for more than 180 battles or something

before u get to the next quest boss(the spider)

I find WOTN alot easier after the first island that the previous installments

but back on topic to your question

I think it makes a minor difference later in the game since u would then have the possiblity to use other troops anyway so

The only thing that could be a bit of a hassle is that on later stages the troops don't get that much of quantities

but to be honest i just cannot be arsed to take this game seriusly

the beginning is way too hard(i mean lol 3 bosses in a row?)

it's doable but u have to be very lucky with the RNG

in the beginning of the game (4first islands will be mainly about killing undead troops)

which to me is a total bore but thanks to this mod u can steamroll it and get to the more interesting parts without too much hassle

it's a matter on convience (u could also use this mod just to get off the first island and just go with a viking build like the game attended so you wouldn't reallt feel a difference)

just my 2 cents

elaborate enough? xd

Csimbi
11-02-2012, 03:43 PM
I will try it after my first playthrough. Having all units available from the start I consider to be, indeed, very advantageous. But going a bit faster through the boring hordes of undead is something I'll look forward to after my first experience with the game.

Ditto

Razorflame
11-02-2012, 03:47 PM
well without it you are at a serius DISadvantage lol:)

the only high level u get is the soothsayer

the rest is measily 3-2-1

sulik
11-02-2012, 03:48 PM
.../cut
just my 2 cents

elaborate enough? xd

YES!! :)
Now i can start playing in peace :))

Razorflame
11-02-2012, 04:01 PM
so you installed this?:)

sulik
11-02-2012, 04:05 PM
I installed it long time ago but was afraid to start playing this way :D

Nevar
11-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Also, I'd like to mention in case you overlooked it. This mod doesn't have Fauns for sale in the castle.

Razorflame
11-02-2012, 04:25 PM
also no wolves;)
IIRC

Reidan
11-02-2012, 06:16 PM
so for some reason I can't get any mods to work for either WotN or CW tried several things including this and red sands for CW (which used to work months ago, before steam "converted" the files) anyone know whats up?

tiberiu
11-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Sorry, but this isn't a mod, it's a cheat. What's next, a mod giving all items in the game in a single shop, at start? Maybe all spell scrolls too?

Cataca
11-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Sorry, but this isn't a mod, it's a cheat. What's next, a mod giving all items in the game in a single shop, at start? Maybe all spell scrolls too?

Some people get their fun out of playing theme based armies. Also, the start of this game is very tedious with the same 5 units every time. So if you are not like that, dont install, but you are in no position to judge anyone.

skycrow
11-02-2012, 08:00 PM
I think it's necessary to open a new thread to discuss like the difference between cheating

and mod if anyone wants to go on .

Let the thread keeps a mod showcase thread , thank you .

Csimbi
11-03-2012, 01:34 AM
Some people get their fun out of playing theme based armies. Also, the start of this game is very tedious with the same 5 units every time. So if you are not like that, dont install, but you are in no position to judge anyone.

It might be cheat for a first playthru, but starting from the second one it increases replay value.

hellsing
11-03-2012, 01:38 AM
You still have to buy the units with gold and need the leadership to employ them.After all the balancing factor is the leadership requirement of the unit itself.Why are players to blame if the devs couldnt balance their own game?

Besides it only matters if your going for a no loss game.Theres so much money in this game you can steam roll anything on impossible even if you die a few times to do it.

Oh and the RNG of items and spells is to encourage players to try different strategies and increase the replayability factor.If you want to use a certain strategy and there arent any units for it it kinda dampens the mood no?Its not like you give yourself infinite mana or leadership right?

grimeleven
11-03-2012, 04:04 AM
@tiberiu
The units aren't free and don't have to install this mod, so pointless post is pointless.

I released it because i know KB players, like me, wants "choice" in this game, plan strategies whatever. It's a mod, period.

@Razorflame @Nevar
thanks about missed units, i totally forgot these as i used the troops list in the data file and it wasn't there so. I'll update it soon with added units.

wallweasels
11-03-2012, 04:22 AM
I don't really want ALL the spawns, just actual RNG on the first island :(

wildkarrde26726
11-03-2012, 05:37 AM
I don't really want ALL the spawns, just actual RNG on the first island :(

This. The mod is nice, but I've basically been simulating the randomness on my own by using dice rolls to determine what I should be "allowed" to buy. Random spawns on the first island would be great, but until then I'm stuck rolling dice :S

Nevar
11-03-2012, 09:42 AM
This. The mod is nice, but I've basically been simulating the randomness on my own by using dice rolls to determine what I should be "allowed" to buy. Random spawns on the first island would be great, but until then I'm stuck rolling dice :S

Is that really a bad thing? It think it's cool to use dice for a video game.

Stever717
11-03-2012, 12:59 PM
I like this mod, but is there a way to limit the troups to the first 3 levels to keep things in balance?

Also for people that can't get the mod to work I unzipped the mod then took the file and put it in the mods folder, not the folder the file was in when you unzipped it. Maybe it helps to run it that way.

gunnyhighway
11-04-2012, 06:07 AM
So after the patch i installed this and it works but it has removed my rage skill icon, that little gold symbol so I can not use rage skills. sad face

gunnyhighway
11-04-2012, 06:11 AM
O wait I think I see what I did, I used the first file in the steam instructions... durp

Invisstalker
11-04-2012, 07:24 AM
Hi, I was having trouble getting this mod to work as well, but as someone posted earlier, instead of using the Steam mod I just used the non-steam mod and got it working. Hope this helps someone. Thanks for making this mod! Also thanks to the poster who suggested this fix as well.

Invisstalker
11-24-2012, 11:44 AM
exit850 I just validated the steam install and installed the non-steam version of the mod and it worked for me.

However, I think due to the new patch, this mod does not work anymore :( I am mid-game and all of a sudden it does not work. The guy in the castle just has vikings only. Is there a way to re-enable this mod and keep my save game? I really don't want to start over...

Thorbalden
11-27-2012, 12:52 AM
i think this mod is very good when you replay the campain, but for first start i like it a lot the difficult, i mean if you wanna play allways safe don't play imposible.
But what i really hate is that later game the unit on castle are random and maybe you like some troop and you can't have it, like dragons or warrior maidens and demons

PS:I didn't finish the game cause some bug and have to restart with the new patch so i don't know if the difficult increase later game, but with paladin and rune mage, teleport and back time the game is pretty easy

PS: I THINK you can't change and island that you dind't explore at all, and don't have to restart the game for the mod to work, did you try it?.
start game and then change for example fastland, i don't know what do you have to change, but i try changing something on hades, going and i didn't have npc items chest or enemy, then i change it back again and was all normal (Without restart).

DennisBergkamp
11-27-2012, 03:18 PM
exit850 I just validated the steam install and installed the non-steam version of the mod and it worked for me.

However, I think due to the new patch, this mod does not work anymore :( I am mid-game and all of a sudden it does not work. The guy in the castle just has vikings only. Is there a way to re-enable this mod and keep my save game? I really don't want to start over...

The reason it stops working somewhere in the middle of the game is because at one point (I think it's right after fighting Guildford when bringing him the Artifact from the Demon world), the units offered at the castle get refreshed to something different (which happens to always be a bunch of crappy Vikings).

Anyway, you can still use whatever troops by buying a very large amount of the units you need BEFORE turning in the artifact and fighting Guildford, then just stash three stacks of these units in the castle, and two stacks in your reserve slots. I'm pretty sure that should work, I don't think the reserves in the castle get refreshed.

I for one I'm very grateful for this mod, since it really allows a lot of flexibility with regard to building different army compositions. Which is not supported at all in WotN, for instance recruiting Undead units is pretty much impossible... what would be great to have is some unit expansion mod, that just increases the amount of different troops offered at the various buildings so that most (not necessarily ALL, but most) units can be recruited in any given game.

Invisstalker
11-28-2012, 03:35 AM
What artifact? Who is Guildford? I was just clearing random enemies on the western/eastern freedom islands and greenwort, I don't think I'm that far into the game yet.

And yeah this mod is great! I love being able to choose different combos for my army.

edit: I just tested it out with a new game and the mod isn't working at all anymore.

DennisBergkamp
11-28-2012, 09:20 PM
Very strange, it still works for me (just started a new game). All I did was replace the north_nordligexp.embryos.loc file (made a backup of the old file first) file in sessions/addon/locations.

Invisstalker
11-29-2012, 05:50 AM
I'd like to try that but won't that override some of the things that the patch fixed? I'd like the game fully patched and be able to use the mod. If it doesn't override the things that the patch fixes I'll definitely try that.
Edit: I've decided to just use the mod anyway. Hopefully it doesn't override any fixes from patches :D

Loopy
11-29-2012, 07:00 PM
What did you use to make this mod? I tried loading the WotN campaign in the Crossworlds editor but it crashed.

I'd like to make a similar mod that instead adds a bunch of random unit picks to the first few islands rather than every unit guaranteed from the beginning.

Tremualin
01-07-2013, 10:13 AM
It seems to be missing the Faun unit. Is it not in this game?

Metathron
01-07-2013, 11:18 AM
It is in the game for sure.