PDA

View Full Version : Please remove XP difference on difficulty

gunnyhighway
10-29-2012, 08:21 PM
I really hate that I have to get less XP for impossible then I do on normal or any other lower difficulty. I want the game to stay super difficult but I would also like to maintain the same level as what a lower difficulty would get.

Does this bother anyone else? I find myself not wanting to bother with impossible because of the xp issue only. There are plenty of other ways to make the game harder.

nublets
10-29-2012, 08:28 PM
Are you sure it alters exp gain? It only mentions enemy strength, gold and rage gain differences when starting a new game.

gunnyhighway
10-29-2012, 08:30 PM
Yea I tested it. On easy difficulty I get level 2 off the very first battle. On hard it takes me the entire tutorial to get level 2

On top of that easy starts you off with a ton more runes

hotfix666
10-29-2012, 08:31 PM
I really hate that I have to get less XP for impossible then I do on normal or any other lower difficulty. I want the game to stay super difficult but I would also like to maintain the same level as what a lower difficulty would get.

Does this bother anyone else? I find myself not wanting to bother with impossible because of the xp issue only. There are plenty of other ways to make the game harder.

Its good get same xp always :)

gunnyhighway
10-29-2012, 08:34 PM
You can even check another way by going to records and looking at the top 10 guys. Person with 100k enemy kills has more level then the guy on hard with 500k kills

Zechnophobe
10-30-2012, 02:14 AM
I don't think this is right. It wasn't in previous games at the very least, and isn't described that way in the difficulty choice here. You gain less 'rage' experience, but that generally is only to counter-act the BONUS to experience you get based on enemy army size.

I would suspect that there is a little variability in experience gains early on based on the size of the enemy encounter.

To check this, I think you just count the leadership up of the army you face, and compare, but I'm not exactly sure if experience is a direct multiple of leadership or not. It wasn't in KBTL.

gunnyhighway
10-30-2012, 02:30 AM
It is right if you dont believe me again just create a character on easy and kill the first cyclops boss and you get one full level then kill him on hard and you will get 3/4 of a level. And again if you read what I posted you would see you can also go to the record tab when you log in and see that people with 400k less monster kills have the same level if not higher on easy level.

grimeleven
10-30-2012, 03:11 AM
I think it was made like that because on impossible the enemy strength is 170% so it would give insane XP killing these huge armies.

Anyhow it was simple enough to modify so i've uploaded a mod to fix the XP at 100% on every difficulties.

I tested a new game on impossible and before the mod, a fight (invincible) gave 54XP and after installing the mod same fight, i gained 96XP and leveled.

Copy Experience.kfs into \King's Bounty - Warriors of the North\sessions\addon

gunnyhighway
10-30-2012, 03:17 AM
You da man thanks should post this in the list of other mods