PDA

View Full Version : A Few Things I learned after playing a bit...

Nevar
10-29-2012, 05:54 PM
Some stuff I picked up which might be of interest to people: (I've avoided spoilers)

1.) If you really want to see Lizardmen, the raven you pick up at the lighthouse can give you the scroll "Permafrost" which is basically Mystery Egg from AP, but only spawning Lizardmen. They are uncontrollable, but the leadership provided is even higher than Demon Portal.
2.) Ice Dragon seems awesome. For only 2200 Leadership, it's immune to magic (even plague, unlike Blacks), does a fairly unresisted damage type (cold), has amazing resistances (except for fire, of course) and it summons what has to be the sturdiest summon I've ever seen.
3.) There seems to be potential for Vikings + Humans. The amount of revival and Extra Turns you get with those two races seems promising. Could not test as I didn't have Jarls, Paladins and Battle Maidens at the same time.
4.) The lack of slots is limiting for making sets, but there's an abundance of permanent stat boosts and runes that at least make you feel like you have an extra four pieces of equipment helping.
5.) Valkyries only level to four via offerings. After reaching this level, they offer a quest which lets you raise them to a higher level.
6.) Undead are annoying to fight. If skeleton archers aren't causing you losses, skeleton warriors are with Bone Gate + Run.

Bugs:
1.) The Greed Song is broken. Once cast I have 20+ Initiative.
2.) Rune Mages have 20 Initiative. Is that WAI?
3.) Ice Dragons don't seem to recover charges after killing an enemy.

BB Shockwave
10-29-2012, 08:32 PM
Hmm, I also noticed they brought back "Gift" - now it requires Luck runes for activation, IE you either have to use vikings, or the Rune Word spell, but still, this means reloadable resurrection skills for Paladins, Rune Mages, Warrior Maidens, Inquisitors...

camelotcrusade
10-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Can you be more specific about what the Greed song is doing vs. what it is supposed to do? I'd like to add it to the bug thread. I have it but haven't used it... half of the songs never seemed worth using imo, so I haven't tested them. :D

Nevar
10-29-2012, 10:21 PM
Can you be more specific about what the Greed song is doing vs. what it is supposed to do? I'd like to add it to the bug thread. I have it but haven't used it... half of the songs never seemed worth using imo, so I haven't tested them. :D

Oh, sorry. The description says it increases Initiative by X, which scales like most Skald songs do, but instead of increasing by 1 or 2 like it says in my game, it adds something like 20. Yes, that means that except for the very first move, (because an acting unit doesn't act later if initiatives suddenly change) ALL of my units get to move first. It's a little ridiculous.

namad
10-29-2012, 10:23 PM
I saw 1 gift scroll for sale on island one, didn't buy it instantly, went back to buy it... found that the store it was sold in no longer exist, now I'm on island 4 and I haven't seen another copy and I'm mad at myself for being so daft! I hope that wasn't the only copy of that spell in my whole game!

btw anyone know how many total islands this game has? and is it more/less than crossworlds/legends?