PDA

View Full Version : Raven Rind

keko4321
10-28-2012, 11:04 PM
so when i got him from the light house he couldn't right any scrolls .
now i'm on fastland, and he can write the spells ancient knowledge and gift of stones .
so my question
1- where's the 2 skills ? i asked him to write it but i can't find on my skills book
2- how did he learn writing the scrolls ? it's matter of playing time/levels ?

thanks

sethmage
10-29-2012, 01:15 AM
1- where's the 2 skills ? i asked him to write it but i can't find on my skills book
2- how did he learn writing the scrolls ? it's matter of playing time/levels ?
thanks

these are the wanderer spells (bottom tab)
he can write what he ate :), at some point you gave him an option to eat (memorize) the spell, now he can write it

Zechnophobe
10-29-2012, 08:35 AM
In a horrible decision, he doesn't tell you when he finishes a spell. So you'll just look in your spell book one day and have an additional one you didn't remember.

Further more, it costs 5 cyrstals for him to create them, so don't make 'em unless you actually want them!

keko4321
10-29-2012, 09:05 AM
alright , thanks guys :)

goldenpath
12-21-2012, 07:18 AM
quick question, is there any way to change the scrolls that you can get from the raven? Or you are locked in for the same two scrolls per game? This game I'm in raven only been able to make gift of stone and flaming eyes...

Belgarath
12-21-2012, 10:49 AM
Any wanderer scroll you find you can teach him and he can create it for the rest of the game...

BB Shockwave
03-13-2013, 08:31 PM
Can we get a guide about how the bird works?

I asked him to write a scroll, and some times later it indeed appeared... But I am unsure whether it was battles or in-game time that was needed for this to happen. Also, once when I asked whether he was hungry, he ate one Thorn Sprout, but... he could not write another scroll afterwards.

Seriously, this should be better explained by the game creators, at least in a manual.

Belgarath
03-13-2013, 08:34 PM
It is a certain number of battles, feeding him one (or more) thorn sprouts hastens this...

BB Shockwave
03-13-2013, 11:49 PM
How many battles, exactly? It'd be nice if he had a counter in his dialogue....

Belgarath
03-14-2013, 11:30 AM
It would, and i'm not sure...
I'll keep track of it next time i tell him to write me a scroll...

BB Shockwave
03-14-2013, 01:20 PM
Thanks. Also, if you find the logic file for the Raven (I cannot even find him in item.txt or item_addon.txt) that'd help! Maybe we could mod him to tell/show us how many battles are needed...

BB Shockwave
03-14-2013, 10:11 PM
Found this info on another thread, from Handel - he took it from the Russian forums:

This is a rough translation of couple secrets @ tips found on the russian forum (I did not test them)

4. For those like me which don't know how exactly the raven works:
- he (it?) can write one wanderer scroll every 10 fights. If the raven agrees to eat a thorn seed, the number of fights is reduced considerably.
- if you click on the 3rd line (about the saga) he will replenish a random amount of rage, mana or both. This ability is recharged through battles and you can stack up to 3 charges.
Hope this helps

Edit: Just checked the secret room. The torch is near the entrance of the king's bedroom. There were 2 chests with items and a leadership banner inside.
Edit: Now I tested how exactly the raven writes scrolls. If left w/o food he writes 1 scroll per 10 battles. BUT after 5 battles he can eat a thorn sprout and after the next battle the scroll is ready. Providing the Ancient Knowledge scroll lasts 5 battles this means you can spam it (after you find at least one AND you need a source of thorn sprouts) and fight only one battle from every 6 without bonus XP.

I'll check and see if this works!

BB Shockwave
03-15-2013, 08:44 PM
I managed to test this... After Five battles, when you ask Rind about being hungry, he can eat a thorn sprout. However - this doesn't do the trick right away. I went back and asked him again, he asked for another sprout, and after that - after the 6th battle - the scroll was indeed created.

If you have not enought Magic Crystals (5 needed per scroll), he will tell you this.