PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious Parcel

canakin
10-28-2012, 02:37 PM
Hey people, can anyone tell me which quest rewards this item (If it's a quest reward at all)?It was sitting in my inventory but I really didn't pay attention to it until I found out it was not a random artifact but a mobile army shop, so I would love to know how I obtained it.

billythegreat
10-30-2012, 06:31 AM
I also would like to know where and when you get this. Anyone?

billythegreat
10-31-2012, 02:48 PM
Nobody knows?

hrafn
11-03-2012, 08:02 AM
That isn't the one you go retrieve from the dwarf who got turned into a ghoul is it?

Dragnipurake
11-03-2012, 08:34 AM
I got it from the same place I got the navigation map to Merlassa.

If I'm not wrong it was a building named 'Tavern' in Arliana ... there's a questgiver there who asks you to get customers for his tavern as well.

billythegreat
11-03-2012, 10:09 AM
Too bad I can not progress that quest, i found 2 customers but it seems is not enough.

Dragnipurake
11-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Too bad I can not progress that quest, i found 2 customers but it seems is not enough.
IIRC you don't need to complete the quest to get the mysterious parcel

The tavern owner will simply mention that there's something for you, and pass you the parcel

billythegreat
11-03-2012, 03:37 PM
IIRC you don't need to complete the quest to get the mysterious parcel

The tavern owner will simply mention that there's something for you, and pass you the parcel

At what point in the game? I already recovered the 3 artifacts, I had a first encounter with Guilford and rescued by the 5th valkyrie.

hrafn
11-03-2012, 03:44 PM
At what point in the game? I already recovered the 3 artifacts, I had a first encounter with Guilford and rescued by the 5th valkyrie.

I was about to ask the same thing. I am at the same point and all he does is offer me a beer.

Dragnipurake
11-03-2012, 06:27 PM

I obtained the parcel even before recovering any artifacts ... basically the very first time I visited the tavern

Nevar
11-04-2012, 12:19 AM
I obtained the parcel even before recovering any artifacts ... basically the very first time I visited the tavern
Are we all talking about the same Mysterious Parcel here? I haven't had any success at getting one, either.

Dragnipurake
11-04-2012, 04:33 AM
Are we all talking about the same Mysterious Parcel here? I haven't had any success at getting one, either.
If we're talking about the "mobile army shop" (canakin's description), then yeah we're referring to the same Mysterious Parcel. It basically sells you every non-neutral (except undead) mob in the game.

Just for the record, I got the Mysterious Parcel before progressing the story at all, the moment I got to Greenwort. I spent some time exploring all accessible areas and in the process visited the Tavern in Arlania that gave me the Mysterious Parcel.

It MIGHT be possible that progressing the story prevents you from receiving the Parcel, which would be a rather serious bug. Can more people confirm that they're unable to get the Parcel?

Nevar
11-04-2012, 04:46 AM
If we're talking about the "mobile army shop" (canakin's description), then yeah we're referring to the same Mysterious Parcel. It basically sells you every non-neutral (except undead) mob in the game.

Just for the record, I got the Mysterious Parcel before progressing the story at all, the moment I got to Greenwort. I spent some time exploring all accessible areas and in the process visited the Tavern in Arlania that gave me the Mysterious Parcel.

It MIGHT be possible that progressing the story prevents you from receiving the Parcel, which would be a rather serious bug. Can more people confirm that they're unable to get the Parcel?

That would make me very, very sad. Especially since I'm getting the vibe that Demonis will close again at some point. That was my issue with KBtl, too.

billythegreat
11-04-2012, 08:01 AM
Well, then is bugged , cuz I visited that tavern early into the game and all I got there was a map to merlessar and a quest to kill the stone statue there. No damn parcel.Any cheat or mod to add it to the game?

keko4321
11-04-2012, 08:20 AM
could someone explain what's the Mysterious Parcel exactly ?

Dragnipurake
11-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Well, then is bugged , cuz I visited that tavern early into the game and all I got there was a map to merlessar and a quest to kill the stone statue there. No damn parcel.Any cheat or mod to add it to the game?
Ok I had a hunch and loaded an old save to check

In order to get the Mysterious Parcel you need to have 'Old Boots' (+1 Defense) equipped ... I think it comes from the tutorial

The innkeeper is instructed to pass the parcel to the "warrior with the torn boots". And when you use the parcel the flavour text says that it belongs to the "knights of the torn boots"

billythegreat
11-04-2012, 03:28 PM
Bah, I gave that boots to a valkyrie.

Fatt_Shade
11-04-2012, 03:35 PM
What genius got to this idea ???
To get some item in game later, you must save 1st lvl item for +1defense worth around 100 gold. Why isnt it made into quest item so players dont drop it like junk they are. Wtf ???
This game is swarming with bugs, misses in skills/medals/spells, mistranslation ... Question is who made this game, professional game studio, or bunch of people using computer for first time in their lives.

hrafn
11-04-2012, 04:49 PM
Are you ******* kidding me? ****!!!

keko4321
11-04-2012, 08:29 PM
lol i can't even remember where's that boot now

keko4321
11-04-2012, 08:39 PM
yup i just loaded old save and checked that
funny thing having the boot in your bag is not enough, you have to wear the boot lol
check the screen

g_mer
11-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Guys I had the same problem. I gave it to my Valkyrie, but in the griffin island in Arlania, theres a shop which gives you the Ice Spider Quest.
I don't know if I was lucky, but it had the Old Boots in it. Oh and that was after I gathered all the artifacts and did the "Beer Quest" for the tavern.
Check it out, maybe you have it there too.

sirdeadcat
11-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Does it sell items and spells or only units?

hrafn
11-05-2012, 02:42 AM
I started up a new game and cheat-coded my way through the game today to get to Arlania.

Sure enough, the old boots you find buried in the tutorial dungeon need to be worn when you visit the inn. I had to go there to get the elf island quest, then get the new customers quest, then go there again for him to tell me I had a parcel waiting for me. (Not do the quests, just receive them first)

The parcel itself lets you buy factional troops in whatever increment would put you at the max for your leadership.

sethmage
11-06-2012, 06:46 PM
We should start a sticky topic with the items which give special benefits:
Boots + 1Def = Mysterious parcel
Bowl + 5Mana = Noncombat speech option for dragon on the pirates islands

There must be more

Nevar
11-07-2012, 09:07 AM

There must be more

There's a dragon on the freedom islands? O_O

I've never seen it.

amokay
11-07-2012, 09:39 AM
There's a dragon on the freedom islands? O_O

I've never seen it.

There's one in a a cave connected to a bird of happiness(I think) quest.
As for the boot if you're like me, found three of them and made them all into crystals then you could hope for one more are just hit shift+~ and type "item old_boots".

Nevar
11-07-2012, 09:44 AM
there's one in a a cave connected to a bird of happiness(i think) quest.
As for the boot if you're like me, found three of them and made them all into crystals then you could hope for one more are just hit shift+~ and type "item old_boots".

thank you.

Colbert30
11-07-2012, 12:40 PM

There must be more

I'm not throwing away any of my starting equipment, just in case. It seems, if there's a trend, they all get used for some special quest somewhere. So, if that's the case, there's the shield and the sword remaining.

keko4321
11-07-2012, 02:10 PM
I'm not throwing away any of my starting equipment, just in case. It seems, if there's a trend, they all get used for some special quest somewhere. So, if that's the case, there's the shield and the sword remaining.

problem here you will have to equip the item to trigger the quest .
so i don't think you will be using the starting items the whole game .

@sethmage there's something you can do with the necromancer heart before you give it to the prince .
i read it somewhere here that you can use it in the catacombs to release ghost .. i really forget and i'm lazy to search the forum

Bhruic
11-07-2012, 02:20 PM

It's not on the pirate islands, it's in the Verlon Wasteland.

sethmage
11-07-2012, 03:34 PM
@sethmage there's something you can do with the necromancer heart before you give it to the prince .
i read it somewhere here that you can use it in the catacombs to release ghost .. i really forget and i'm lazy to search the forum
Yeah I’ve read that somewhere also, makes you think what else we missed. I killed that necro, and run like the idiot to complete the quest.

It's not on the pirate islands, it's in the Verlon Wasteland.
hmm.. my bad, I was under the impression that somebody was referring to that dragon with the bird of happiness quest line. Needless to say I didn’t do that either.

Nevar
11-07-2012, 03:54 PM
And... no undead and no demons. I'm sad now. Was hoping I could get Demon units from it, since Demons aren't available in Demonis.

Colbert30
11-07-2012, 04:02 PM
And... no undead and no demons. I'm sad now. Was hoping I could get Demon units from it, since Demons aren't available in Demonis.

Well, that does it :/ After this playthrough, I'm definitelly playing with the all units mod.

Bhruic
11-07-2012, 04:05 PM

They aren't? I got access to most of the Demon units from Demonis + Hades. Not every one, admittedly, but most.

hellsing
11-07-2012, 04:06 PM
Spoiler

If you bring the necromancer heart to the ghost it will resurrect the necromancer and you will have to kill him again (with quite a large army to boot).

sethmage
11-07-2012, 04:21 PM
They aren't? I got access to most of the Demon units from Demonis + Hades. Not every one, admittedly, but most.

I got all the units in Hades as well

Dragnipurake
11-07-2012, 05:03 PM
@hellsing (Related to Spoiler)

Do you get a reward for winning, other than the experience from the fight?

hellsing
11-07-2012, 07:16 PM
No-you just get xp/gold and the heart thats all.

Nevar
11-08-2012, 12:22 AM

Sorry. They really should have named the Level 4 Melee unit something else. I meant I cannot get Demons/Executioners from Demonis, as in the Level 4 units with furious and... stuff.

Yeah. AND the mysterious parcel doesn't give you the option to get Undead/Demons at all. Undead I could understand, but no demons? Especially since, you know, ORCS are available, so it's not like it's just the good races.

Nevar
11-08-2012, 02:46 PM
Triple the gold cost is a very, very steep price. Granted, you're paying for both (a) convenience and (b) assured supply, but even then, I find myself hesitant to use this thing.

namad
11-08-2012, 10:43 PM
according to kbscanner there is no other legitmate source of the boots in my game :(

oh well someone should add to the OP the command ~ "item old_boots"

Dragnipurake
11-09-2012, 01:34 AM
Triple the gold cost is a very, very steep price. Granted, you're paying for both (a) convenience and (b) assured supply, but even then, I find myself hesitant to use this thing.

There's a lot more gold in this game compared to previous versions of KB, so unless you are taking heavy losses every battle, using the Mysterious Parcel shouldn't lead to any gold issues.

Nevar
11-09-2012, 03:27 AM
There's a lot more gold in this game compared to previous versions of KB, so unless you are taking heavy losses every battle, using the Mysterious Parcel shouldn't lead to any gold issues.

True enough. I suppose I'm just being stingy, as I'm foregoing a few rune purchases whenever I use the parcel.

Xargon
11-10-2012, 10:55 PM
It seems that the old shoes can be included in random loot - just found a pair on some skeleton on Merlassar. Now I may get that parcel after all :)

namad
11-11-2012, 01:52 AM
where do you purchase runes for gold?

billythegreat
11-11-2012, 02:33 AM
where do you purchase runes for gold?

Iceland , from a penguin.