PDA

View Full Version : rage of the valkyries - improving spells?

thufir11
10-28-2012, 11:37 AM
My Olaf is level 5 hero, but spell Viking Vortex is still level one (70-80 dmg, 4 ragepoints needed) and my question is how to improve this spell? There is written in manual that when gaining new level you can enhance your rage spells but it seems to be not true..

Metathron
10-28-2012, 11:42 AM
I had those same concerns.

You need to get a Valkyrie companion, the first of which can be found on the next island. Only then will your amulet start to accumulate experience and level up skills.

Bhruic
10-28-2012, 11:59 AM
My Olaf is level 5 hero, but spell Viking Vortex is still level one (70-80 dmg, 4 ragepoints needed) and my question is how to improve this spell? There is written in manual that when gaining new level you can enhance your rage spells but it seems to be not true..

You can't improve your Rage skills until you get your first Valkyrie, which won't happen until the second Island (and not immediately then). It's also worth noting that your Rage skills have a separate XP counter, so the amount you can improve them isn't dependent on your character level.

HHeplo
10-28-2012, 12:36 PM
Viking Vortex is still level one - how to improve this spell? There is written in manual that when gaining new level you can enhance your rage spells but it seems to be not true..

..and why doesn't the manual simply tell you, that you can't gain any levels on it until you find the 1st valkyrie, if it's a game desing ?. = Feels still more like bug.

Is this annoying "desing" only there, 'cause there's some kind of an achievement about not using rage in combat ?.