PDA

View Full Version : So, why the repetitive noisy sound in battle?

RCDOWN
10-28-2012, 06:40 AM
Let's make some examples:

-Soothsayer: trace a circle every 2 sec. and you hear a noisy sound every 2 sec... always the same...

-Axes and shieds hammered, again and again...

-Slaughterfish (or what is the name) that growl... but aren't the fish mute?

There is a way to disable these sound without disabling all the Fx?
I've searched inside the game folder, but the Fx is nowhere to be found.

camelotcrusade
10-28-2012, 07:04 AM
Yep drives me nuts too. I didn't even notice it at first becuase for me I had to turn the music down to 30% and the SFX up to 100% to even hear them. The sound balance is FUBAR, imo.

5h1nj1
10-28-2012, 09:31 AM
Exactly. These sounds are driving me crazy. If someone finds a way how to get rid of them, please share it with us.

On the other hand, I am a bit surprised that some battle actions seem not to have any sounds at all. Like the activation of trap spikes or Olaf swinging his weapon when you use his rage attack. NO SOUND at all. You can only hear the enemy units moan when they're hit. It is really weird. Is this normal? I don't recall such bahavior from the previous games.

RCDOWN
10-28-2012, 05:22 PM
I've played all the other games and the repetitive sound problem was always here, you can even find trace of discussion on the net that are years old.

Fact is, this game got music file in a folder, and you can "edit" them, but the FX sound are stored inside some other file i think.

Maybe the Dev. know a way?

-----

EDIT:

Seem i found the problem.. in the folder C:\Game\King's Bounty - Warriors of the North\data\ there is a file called sounds.kfs

This file contain all the FX reproduced in battle. The much "noisy" FX are labeled [name of the creature]_rare.wav and i think the Dev. mean to reproduce that sound only in rare occasion.

The game play the sound every 2.10 sec. instead, so is really annoyng :(

You can use WinRar to extract the file content to a new folder called sound, take note of what unit make the most annoyng FX and replace the sound with another, or ever edit and reduce the volume of the FX.

I still don't know how to "repack" the file so the game will work after the edit.

-------------

EDIT 2:

Ok, you just need to edit the "problematic" file, adding a .BAK extension to it, then repack the sound file using WinRar at fastest compression.
For what i've seen, the problem is with "_rare_" sound, so search them all and rename using the .BAK extension. Or you can simply note the name of the unit you want to edit.

Also, the game will give you an error message when is started, saying that sound file are missing: after about 1 hour of play, my game as crashed during battle, but none of the troop FX i've edited where present at the battle itself. It may be a random crash then.

ihira
10-29-2012, 06:58 AM
Thats nothing compared to KBTL where theres 10 troops of swordsmen and guardsmen swinging their swords over and over