PDA

View Full Version : Quest: Jacket for the Whaler

BigHudel
10-27-2012, 01:08 PM
I need to "Bring five thorn shoots to Morrek the alchemist".
I dont know what are thorn shoots or where i can find them. At the quest text doesnt say anything about it.

Zhuangzi
10-27-2012, 01:33 PM
Yeah, I haven't completed that quest yet, but thorn shoots refer to the Thorn Warriors and Thorn Hunters that are in all the KB games. There's a guy who sells the shoots on the second island (whatever its called) just outside the compound where the local king is. I will have to see whether it's enough to have them in your inventory or whether you have to grow them into units.

terrypchan
10-27-2012, 01:42 PM
The quest is for the seedlings that grow into the Thorn Warriors. You can pick up at least four of them around the island. Look for them like you would snake eggs or spider eggs on the ground. Unfortunately the seedling pods are green, which makes it a little harder to find them, color contrast wise at least.

Sooty
10-27-2012, 02:02 PM
The quest is for the seedlings that grow into the Thorn Warriors. You can pick up at least four of them around the island. Look for them like you would snake eggs or spider eggs on the ground. Unfortunately the seedling pods are green, which makes it a little harder to find them, color contrast wise at least.

Yet more poor translation... they're called thorn seedlings in the inventory not thorn shoots =(

3gg
01-22-2013, 05:58 PM
You can pick up at least four of them around the island.
That's right ! But where to find the fifth "Thorn Shoot / Thorn Sprout" ?!

Greywolf
01-26-2013, 09:38 AM
I found in my latest play I couldn't finish this quest until I had cleared the 4 Viking islands. It was a simple matter to sail back later after I had found a few more.

fld88
01-27-2013, 05:30 PM
I've alwasy found enough on the island that gives the quest. Flying at night is an easy way to find them becuase they glow.

Wyvern
02-03-2013, 04:06 AM
Btw, you shouldn't worry about the quest. I only found 2 before the post Demonis major events, but when Arlania "changed" i found at least 20.. maybe more.. So don't worry about that, you surely have the chance to complete the quest later :)