PDA

View Full Version : Beating Uladar on first island

dagoo7
10-27-2012, 05:56 AM
Playing on hard and beat as far as I can tell everything on island other than the final boss (uladar maritarius). Have full army playing as warrior lvl 5 just under lvl 6, but I cant beat this guy. Am i missing something or is this just hard as a biatch. If so cant imagine how this can be done on extreme.

Zechnophobe
10-27-2012, 10:38 AM
Have you made sure to replenish your troops back at the city? The first island is not too tough, and to completely fail a fight suggest you maybe are missing something about how the game works. You have 5 troops of people all at maximum size for your leadership?

DeRex
10-27-2012, 07:33 PM
He is hard. I think he sometimes randomly has more troops, and sometimes less. If he has ancient vampires he is extremely hard, they regenerate too much health, and he can randomly raise dead troops.

Zechnophobe
10-27-2012, 11:04 PM
He is definitely a much harder fight than others on the island. I'm just making sure there are no big mistakes being made! I've helped a lot of people with these games, and a lot of times they simply didn't realize they could buy troops, or things like that.

If the fight is truly too hard, make sure you've done all the other combats in the area first. Getting more levels will give you more leadership, and allow you to have larger stacks of troops, a very good thing. Plus you get to purchase new skills with your runes! Good luck.

Puce Moose
10-28-2012, 05:16 PM
Playing on hard and beat as far as I can tell everything on island other than the final boss (uladar maritarius). Have full army playing as warrior lvl 5 just under lvl 6, but I cant beat this guy. Am i missing something or is this just hard as a biatch. If so cant imagine how this can be done on extreme.

I just took him down on Hard playing as a soothsayer, and it was indeed a brutal fight. The first time in the battle, it was down to my final viking and one ancient vampire swinging at each other. He poison skulled my viking, and that was that. However, after waking up in town, and convincing a few more brave troops to join me, I discovered that he hadn't bothered to replenish his forces. A nice combination of Viking Vortex + Flame Arrow took down the solitary ancient vampire, and the day was mine.

So, if he keeps knocking you out, make sure to stock up and return; he might not have had the the time to convince others to join him!

Tianx
11-14-2012, 10:47 PM
Really hate the fight when he has large number of Dark Knights. Almost all of your initial attacks are physical and these guys high high resistance to physical damage. Almost had to pour the whole army on top of him to kill merely a stack of 3.