PDA

View Full Version : Offering Items to Valkyries

Rubaniboi
10-27-2012, 04:57 AM
Hi, does anyone know how the system of offering items to valkyries work? can you add infinite items? and can you just give all spare items you dont equip to your valkyries?

having trouble at the spider boss now :(

sethmage
10-28-2012, 04:18 PM
how do you do offerings anyway?
i still don't have option in my conversations.

zjazd18
10-28-2012, 05:04 PM
You offer items by right clicking on item then selecting to do so.

Mambus
10-28-2012, 05:27 PM
Each valkyrie wants different sort of items, right click the item and choose donate.

The interface is a little buggy since it looks like nothing happened, just left click on some other item and you should be fine. Save before donating since sometimes the game crashes.

You can get each valkyrie up to level 4 by giving items (check the level and bonus by holding a cursor on valkyrie portrait). For every level, passive bonus of the valkyrie gets better e.g. +% gold found for the first one. The active ability gets better as well.

To get valkyrie to level 5, you need to finish her personal quest. You get the quest by talking to her, when she reaches level 4.

The best strategy I found is to donate them items level 1 - 3 since you only lose crystals by giving those items. Save items level 4-5 for deconstruction (artefactor skill needed) since you can get skill runes from them. To reach level 4 from level 1, you need to give about 6-7 items.

5h1nj1
10-28-2012, 06:01 PM
I don't have such option on item right-click. What items are "compatible"?
Valkyrie seems to have 4 free equip slots. How to use them?

sethmage
10-28-2012, 06:16 PM
Valkyrie seems to have 4 free equip slots. How to use them?

that's not the empty slots, that's the room for the 4 more Valkyries

Fatt_Shade
10-28-2012, 08:41 PM
Here`s info form official game site : Hrist prefers regales; Goodrid – shoes, belts, gloves; Hildr – weapons; Regin – shields and armor; Mist – artifacts.

To get the second level you should sacrifice one item to the Valkyrie. For the third and forth levels you will need 3 and 4 items accordingly. The maximum fifth level can be achieved only after finishing special quest, unique for each companion.
So first Valk will accept only some item type not all of them, other junk item save for later when you get rest of you harem , cough,cough i mean Valk support team :-)

camelotcrusade
10-29-2012, 03:28 AM
Anybody know what it means if you let the Valkyrie take over rune management for your troops? Are they just auto-used so you don't have to bother? Does it do something else?

Highborne
10-29-2012, 04:44 AM
Anybody know what it means if you let the Valkyrie take over rune management for your troops? Are they just auto-used so you don't have to bother? Does it do something else?

Does nothing so far for me.

Tried it with my viking army, I still had to use them...it is odd.

camelotcrusade
10-29-2012, 05:13 AM

Thanks. I'm hoping somebody can figure out what it does, otherwise maybe I should add it to the bug thread.

Rubaniboi
10-29-2012, 01:12 PM
THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS!

anyway i have obtained all the valkyries and i figure the one that gives you rage is the best. the bonuses for the rest seem rather...insignificant.

but ill try throw all my unwanted items to them since i have loads! hopefully can max all of them out! :)

Karlos
10-29-2012, 04:32 PM
THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS!

anyway i have obtained all the valkyries and i figure the one that gives you rage is the best. the bonuses for the rest seem rather...insignificant.

but ill try throw all my unwanted items to them since i have loads! hopefully can max all of them out! :)

Really. I just got in Darion and have 3 Valkyries. The one that gives you gold is completely pointless because you're drowning in gold. The one that gives you rage is not bad but it's only +5 max. And then there's the warrior one that gives you leadership which is great because it's a huge bonus (+600?, don't remember now).

And the rune management thing is bugged I'd say.

blacklegionary
10-29-2012, 04:45 PM
The Valkyries who give rage give you 28 rages at max level, the one with leadership give 1k max.

But honestly I'd rather get these slot for items, the Valkyries' bonus is really nsignificant when they are cut by a quarter...

camelotcrusade
10-31-2012, 04:07 AM
Finally bugged the rune management thing.

So are you guys donating all your items or saving them for transmuting? In the other games I relied on melting down items I didn't want (i.e., just about all of them) so I could fill out my spell book.

Now, I feel like I have to cling to every item in case some lady wants it for her closet. I kind of want spells more but having more rage and leadership would be great.

Can anybody clarify which buffs these ladies give so I figure out what to melt?

Hrist prefers regales; Goodrid – shoes, belts, gloves; Hildr – weapons; Regin – shields and armor; Mist – artifacts.

Khornn
10-31-2012, 04:31 AM
Gudrida the Fierce (lvl5) = 28 Rage when leader, 7 Rage when follower
Regina the Stone (lvl5) = 20 Attack to Level 5 units when leader, 5 Attack when follower
Mista Cloud (lvl4) = 21% Defense when leader, 5% Defense when follower (guessing she gives 25% / 6% like Christa at level 5)
Christa the Stunning (lvl5) = 25% More gold when leader, 6% Gold when follower
Hilda the Warrior (lvl5) = 1000 Leadership when leader, 275 Leadership when follower

camelotcrusade
10-31-2012, 04:42 AM
Thanks!

Highborne
10-31-2012, 05:07 AM
You only need...10 items to donate for level 4 then do quest, so save up 10 of each item type.

camelotcrusade
11-01-2012, 04:59 AM
I really think they should do a better job (any job?) of explaining the donation system in game. It wouldn't be hard to add a few lines of dialog to the first valkyrie where she explains she a passive power that can be increased by giving her gifts. She could also tell you to equip and offer it up.

Otherwise, you might go quite a while before you notice that. I played a skald first and you only have one regalia slot. I didn't have any random ones on the island (or on the next two, I might add) so I put the bird in there (who you can't even donate!). So it took me quite a while to realize it only worked on equipped items.

Nevar
11-01-2012, 06:23 AM
I really think they should do a better job (any job?) of explaining the donation system in game. It wouldn't be hard to add a few lines of dialog to the first valkyrie where she explains she a passive power that can be increased by giving her gifts. She could also tell you to equip and offer it up.

Otherwise, you might go quite a while before you notice that. I played a skald first and you only have one regalia slot. I didn't have any random ones on the island (or on the next two, I might add) so I put the bird in there (who you can't even donate!). So it took me quite a while to realize it only worked on equipped items.

It works on items in the inventory for me.

camelotcrusade
11-01-2012, 02:17 PM
It works on items in the inventory for me.

Thanks for that. I'll test it again once I actually find a piece of regalia. Meanwhile, this behavior makes more sense so I'll update the bug thread so it doesn't mention that.

sethmage
11-01-2012, 03:40 PM
just to understand that donation thing.
from level 1 to 2 you need 1 item of any level
from level 2 to 3 two items (any level items or they have to be level 3 or more?)
same with from 3 to 4, i take it you need 3 or 4 higher level items or doesn't matter?

i read somwhere that you need donate higher level items that your valkyrie is, could somebody confirm that?

jepeman
11-05-2012, 08:07 PM
What is the max level for a valkyrie?
Is it level 5 or higher?

hotfix666
11-05-2012, 08:22 PM
from level 2 to 3 two items (any level items or they have to be level 3 or more?)
same with from 3 to 4, i take it you need 3 or 4 higher level items or doesn't matter?

i read somwhere that you need donate higher level items that your valkyrie is, could somebody confirm that?

You dont need give level 3 or 4 to them :)

sethmage
11-05-2012, 08:25 PM
What is the max level for a valkyrie?
Is it level 5 or higher?

5 is the max

Rubaniboi
11-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Guys for the valkyrie regina, her bonus is 20 attack to all lvl 5 units when she is lvl 5.

i think this is a massive bonus since almost my whole army is lvl 5 troops,
but can anyone verify that my troops benefit from this bonus? because my troops dont seem to get an increase in attack at all...

Fatt_Shade
11-07-2012, 02:38 PM
@Rubaniboi
3 steps to check this :
1) place some of your 5th lvl units in castle and right click on it to see it`s stats attack particularly
2) take that unit and in your army it should have attack it`s base + your hero attack. Set Regina as main Valk for her bonus to be +20 to 5th lvl units.
3) start some battle and check that unit if it attack is 20 higher then before battle there you go, if not Regina bonus is broken and report it to bugs tread here on forum. Gl.

hellsing
11-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Didnt they fix that in the patch?

BB Shockwave
03-13-2013, 11:45 PM
OK, so someone can clarify - no more follower items slots?!? That's a really big downer after TL and AP both having a lot of different followers/wives with different items slots...

I dunno, worked fine for me with Christa. Then again, she kept using them at random (defense runes in first round when no enemy is in sight...) so I took it back. Women... :D

Kwic
08-03-2013, 05:35 PM

Same question. Does the level of the item matter ?

Totoro
08-04-2013, 02:56 PM
Level doesn't matter so I suggest you donate your least valuable items. First you have to donate one item to get a level, then two, and finally four. After that you don't have to donate items anymore but you get a quest which you have to complete to reach level 5.