PDA

View Full Version : Do I have Celestial Armor in my inventory b/c I pre-ordered?

Mygaffer
10-27-2012, 01:33 AM
I only ask because a +2 Attack/+2 Defense bonus is definitely a little unbalancing so early in the game.

I want to know if others who did not preorder the game start with that item because I would prefer not to use it if that is the case.

Personally I HATE pre-order bonuses that affect gameplay. It actively discourages me from pre-ordering, which I sure is not what you guys are hoping for.

What does everyone else think about these kinds of bonuses?

camelotcrusade
10-27-2012, 01:51 AM
Yes you get it for preordering, and you will find the other pieces of the set scattered throughout the game since you preordered. As I note in the bug thread it doesn't have a description - maybe they should add a description explaining it's from the pre-order.

As to your disatisfaction that is a shame. I could also see people complaining if the item was not any stronger than the items typically available (e.g., thanks for nothing). Fortunately, you can simpy not use the item (or maybe even destroy it for gems, I haven't tried). Personally, I think it's a nice item, though I agree with you that it gives an early game advantage.

Perhaps in the future they should let preorders choose from several items or varying levels of power. For example go to an NPC who is not normally there and pick something based on some colorful dialog.

Finally, I should add the preorder bonus was just that, a little bonus. We barely had any time in advance to get it anyway and it's not like we paid extra for it. In fact, if you got it on Steam it was actually cheaper since they typically discount preorders. So that's not discouraging anyone.

Mygaffer
10-27-2012, 02:11 AM
I am not angry about it or anything, it is just a personal preference. I knew I was going to pay for the game the very day it became available for pre-order and when I woke up one morning and saw Steam was listing Warriors I bought it before I went to work!

I just wanted to make sure I only had it because I had pre-ordered, now that I know people do not normally start with it I will continue to not use it.

rickah88
10-27-2012, 03:38 PM
Will the Armor set be available for the retail version, whenever it's available?

camelotcrusade
10-27-2012, 08:01 PM
When I got to the second island, a pop up said "The gods rejoice and give you a gift!" or something like that, and I got a kickass helmet that gives me 2 intellect and 200 leadership, part two of the set.

Starting to agree it's a bit imbalancing to have such powerful items thrust into your hands. Maybe I'll just save them for a harder difficulty as a little boost. Hmm. :)

Zhuangzi
10-28-2012, 02:09 AM
Yeah, by the time you get to the fourth small island, you have the complete set which is really imbalanced, imo. I'm gonna replace with other things as soon as I can. Finding the game very easy on Impossible atm.

messiahgov
12-27-2012, 03:28 AM
And if you want those 4 pre-order items, even if you haven't pre-ordered WotN. Open the console ingame and type the following lines one by one (found in "items_dlc.txt"):

item addon2_helmet_celestial_warrior
item addon2_boots_celestial_warrior
item addon2_artefact_celestial_warrior
item addon2_armor_celestial_warrior

Maybe "item set_celestial_warrior" will work too, but I'm not sure. BTW, they are crap compared to other items. You will still lose units and only some battles against fleeing monsters might result in no loss. They will get useless soon enough, no big deal.