PDA

View Full Version : Amulet experience

Metathron
10-27-2012, 12:19 AM
Olaf's amulet is not getting any experience through the use of the Viking vortex skill. What am I missing?

camelotcrusade
10-27-2012, 12:54 AM
Do you have a valkyrie yet? I don't, and I don't get any experience for the amulet itself, nor does it show me anywhere that experience might be accrued.

If it's the same for you then I bet we need a valkyrie to unlock that feature. Otherwise, maybe that ability doesn't have levels and just scales with your level. Lots of possibilities.

Do you have any abilities that DO give you exp for the amulet?

Metathron
10-27-2012, 10:53 AM
Nope, no Valkyries yet, so that could be why. Just thought it strange because the after-battle screen does show an experience bar for the amulet.

Insta
10-27-2012, 06:16 PM
Yeah, I don't get that. I'm a warrior and am getting all these skills to increase rage max, generation etc...and all I have is this crap lvl1 4rage attack skill. What gives? I'm almost level 7 and am on the 2nd island and still have but 1 Rage skill, making this game harder and much more boring than it should be.

hotfix666
10-27-2012, 06:32 PM
Yeah, I don't get that. I'm a warrior and am getting all these skills to increase rage max, generation etc...and all I have is this crap lvl1 4rage attack skill. What gives? I'm almost level 7 and am on the 2nd island and still have but 1 Rage skill, making this game harder and much more boring than it should be.

play on easy?

Insta
10-27-2012, 07:01 PM
play on easy?

Wow, thanks idiot. Reach up, maybe you can try and snag my points as they fly over your head.

hotfix666
10-27-2012, 07:09 PM
Wow, thanks idiot. Reach up, maybe you can try and snag my points as they fly over your head.

if you read you see when you get next rage attack :-P

frez
10-27-2012, 07:10 PM
Experience is only after a meeting with the first Valkyrie

Insta
10-27-2012, 08:25 PM
Who's bright idea was it to revamp the warrior tree so that it is even more rage-based...and then not give you any skills to use until you are well into the game? I've played all of the kings bounty games and this starting is by far the most boring.

Chro
10-27-2012, 08:30 PM
Who's bright idea was it to revamp the warrior tree so that it is even more rage-based...and then not give you any skills to use until you are well into the game? I've played all of the kings bounty games and this starting is by far the most boring.

I think the issue is that they don't let you get any of the other viking-based skills until after you get your first Valkrie, by which time you could easily be level 10 or so. This is especially silly since the third viking skill is much more useful than the first valk skill.

Then again, perhaps they were worried you'd 'waste' all your level ups on the three viking skills if you were forced to use them while levelling? I dunno.

Insta
10-27-2012, 10:01 PM
I think the issue is that they don't let you get any of the other viking-based skills until after you get your first Valkrie, by which time you could easily be level 10 or so. This is especially silly since the third viking skill is much more useful than the first valk skill.

Then again, perhaps they were worried you'd 'waste' all your level ups on the three viking skills if you were forced to use them while levelling? I dunno.

Yeah, I mean...is it too much to ask for the first skill to scale with your level and get a couple other ones like walls or something? Doesn't need to be an I win button but no rage skills and no magic makes this soooo boring.

camelotcrusade
10-27-2012, 10:59 PM

I think it's a less exciting start than the others, too. But for me it's not really due to lack of rage skills (though I agree with your criticism).

I think it's less exciting because you have so few opportunities to mix up your troops. It's pretty much vikings (some of which are in very limited supply) and a couple animals vs. mostly undead troops, over and over again. Makes me think restarting would feel the same for the first several hours.

Insta
10-28-2012, 12:01 AM
I think it's a less exciting start than the others, too. But for me it's not really due to lack of rage skills (though I agree with your criticism).

I think it's less exciting because you have so few opportunities to mix up your troops. It's pretty much vikings (some of which are in very limited supply) and a couple animals vs. mostly undead troops, over and over again. Makes me think restarting would feel the same for the first several hours.

Yep. It is really repetitive and boring..the start feels like a chore

Zhuangzi
10-28-2012, 02:11 AM
Started to have more fun once I got the Valkyrie (SPOILER: on top of the mountain in the middle of the second island). The rage skills are interesting thereafter, and you can fly. But yeah, I agree with the limited options for units early in the game. Not so fun. :mad: