PDA

View Full Version : Valhalla´s Messanger bugged? (Medal order Viking)

Tarantel
10-26-2012, 03:32 PM
Hi there...

Valhalla´s Messanger requires you to kill 10 troops using Vikings.

It is not clear if the RACE must be "Viking" or if they mean the UNIT called "Viking"?

Either way it doesn´t seem to count! I am lvl 6 now, used the UNIT Viking ALL THE WAY since i started and all but one troop i use has the RACE Viking... got more than enough killing blows with them, still the Order says: 0/10...

What am i missing here please?

Looking at the other medal order objectives, THIS ONE should ALWAYS be the first to be triggered xD

J.B.
10-26-2012, 04:16 PM
I think it could be similar to the "Lizard(men)-Hunter"-Medal in AP. There it was meant to kill 10 enemie armies which are represented by a Lizardmen-Unit on the adventure map.

Could that be the solution?

Greetz

J.B.

Tarantel
10-26-2012, 04:52 PM
Hmmm... ok, maybe that really got lost in translation^^

It says:

REQUIREMENT: ENEMY TROOPS DESTROYED BY VIKINGS 0/10

I haven´t seen any Viking groups roaming the map yet, so you may be right.

:(

J.B.
10-26-2012, 07:46 PM
Hmmm no I don't think that my suggestion is correct. I just read the manual and there it states "An Award for the Vikings for detroying hostile armies...".

Could it be, that the enemy army first should turn hostile and attack you to raise the count? Or maybe only undead armies count?

Very strange...

I'm sorry, but I've no other idea! :(

Greetz

J.B.

camelotcrusade
10-26-2012, 11:21 PM
Where can I view this award? I'd like to add it to the bugs thread, but I can't find it. I am playing a Skald... is it a medal only for the Viking class, maybe?

At any rate, once we know how to state the problem clearly I can add it. Is it that the number of kills is not going up even when you complete a battle using all Viking troops? Or can someone confirm it *would* go up if you killed an *enemy* viking?

kelho
10-27-2012, 05:16 AM
Just started and encountered the same issue - Killing by using either the Viking race or the Viking unit does not add to the count; haven't seen any Viking enemy in the adventure map yet to be able to confirm that

Does the dev team/anyone have the answer to this...?
If it's a bug, will probably wait till it's fixed
If not, kindly clarify on how it works

Thanks in advance!

Tarantel
10-27-2012, 02:23 PM
Found some enemy Vikings on the second island, won´t add to the count either.

So this truly seems to be bugged.

I am playing the Viking class, so RACE, CLASS, UNIT and ENEMY VIKING don´t count.. xD

You find this medal in the character screen under awards. It´s the one in the down-right corner. I don´t know if other classes have other medals in that spot.

And another bug:

In the book of achievements is one called "Greedy" that you get for collecting ten million gold... This won´t go up either. It still says 0:10.000.000 (I am on the third island now)

hotfix666
10-27-2012, 02:38 PM
many bugs so I think I wait play this game beacuse I play for the achivement :-P

rickah88
10-27-2012, 02:51 PM
many bugs so I think I wait play this game beacuse I play for the achivement :-P

Perhaps waiting for the retail version is not a bad idea afterall. Keep finding those bugs people! ;)

Sooty
10-27-2012, 04:56 PM
Perhaps waiting for the retail version is not a bad idea afterall. Keep finding those bugs people! ;)

Isn't everyone playing retail now...?

Is this bug still going on? Makes me feel like not starting a warrior.

camelotcrusade
10-27-2012, 05:44 PM
Added the bug. Would be nice if we got some dev or mod acknowledgement on the bugs thread, but having it better than not having it I guess!

Sooty
10-27-2012, 11:45 PM
Added the bug. Would be nice if we got some dev or mod acknowledgement on the bugs thread, but having it better than not having it I guess!

I suggest going to

sessions\addon\ses.kfs\medals.txt

and changing all instances of "viking_army_killed" to "undead_army_killed" so that at least you have a working medal at least.

Gle55nn
10-28-2012, 02:35 AM
I just read the manual and there it states "An Award for the Vikings for detroying hostile armies...".
http://www.rdox.info/01.jpghttp://www.rdox.info/02.jpghttp://www.rdox.info/8.jpghttp://www.rdox.info/04.jpg
http://www.rdox.info/9.jpghttp://www.rdox.info/0.jpg

Rubaniboi
10-28-2012, 07:16 AM
i have 10 vikings killed. i dont know how

but im at demonis now!

fxfighter
10-28-2012, 08:26 AM
I'm pretty sure it's just getting your viking unit to get the killing blow on a stack. I'm sitting on 7/10 right now.

barsuks
10-28-2012, 08:32 AM
.... You all noobs as i see, Valhalas messnger how name says, so tried killed with valkyre when got first in second island. Killed with vlakyres that treasure skill troop and got 1/10 have a nice day. They transleted wrong not wikings but with valkyre.

fxfighter
10-28-2012, 08:36 AM
.... You all noobs as i see, Valhalas messnger how name says, so tried killed with valkyre when got first in second island. Killed with vlakyres that treasure skill troop and got 1/10 have a nice day. They transleted wrong not wikings but with valkyre.
Yeah that could be correct too about killing with valk move since I hadn't really checked the medals and just checked after recently getting first valk.

Edit: After testing that it's just related to killing enemy viking groups. Barsuks, should be careful when you act arrogant otherwise you might look like the fool when you turn out to be wrong...

Kuruminator
10-29-2012, 05:07 PM
I just killed 3 groups in a fight, and also ended the fight with the Valkyrie to clearify. Still 4/10 which I had before the fight. =/

sdshadow
10-29-2012, 06:04 PM
I had killed 6 Viking enemy troops in a row. In each battle i killed a stack of the unit "viking" (not to mistake the troop berserker, they don´t count, all other viking enemy units also don´t count) with a attack of a valkyrie.
Not a Viking rage attack from the first row. They don´t trigger the medal. You can use any attack from the second or third row (the "valkyrie" attacks). 6/10 so far after these fights.

Each fight you can get only one timer of the medal, i have killed 3 stacks of the unit "viking" in one fight with a valkyrie, but it only counts as one.

I hope this is a bug and it should be "any" enemy viking unit and it is wrong that it had to be the unit "viking". Or there are many battles against vikings later:)

Kuruminator
10-29-2012, 07:58 PM
Just killed a Viking unit roaming the map and it counted as 1. Sounds like it´s totaly random since this kind of thing didn´t count for others.