PDA

View Full Version : which quest rewards you with the flying horse in this game?

namad
10-26-2012, 12:02 PM
I wanna know so that when I get the quest I can do it right away! (instead of using my usually strategy of avoiding hard tasks and doing easy tasks in order of how easy they are to avoid loses)

Nike-it
10-26-2012, 12:16 PM
I wanna know so that when I get the quest I can do it right away! (instead of using my usually strategy of avoiding hard tasks and doing easy tasks in order of how easy they are to avoid loses)

Spoiler:
You receive the flying horse when you meet the first Valkyrie.

Fatt_Shade
10-26-2012, 01:19 PM
Come on you started game 2 hours ago , and already asking for pointers. In AP/CW we got flying horse after killing Hagni on Montero, well in to the game - at least 20 lvl hero, and at least 10 hours of play. How about just playing and make some errors to see what is where and check what is new in game. Then if you like and want to try out something more, play again with other class/build because this game gives you that option to try different things for different experience without seeming like same game over and over again. Just invest some time in it and it should be interesting, not just jump to walkthrough to end asap without trying your own ideas/tactics.

Darkeonz
10-26-2012, 03:57 PM
Spoiler:
You receive the flying horse when you meet the first Valkyrie.

Really? Spoiler Are we talking about the first additional Valkyrie? Because I got my first Valkyrie a while ago, and I didn't get any flying horse[/QUOTE]

Zechnophobe
10-26-2012, 06:02 PM
In the same position as Darkeonz, though only just. Maybe you get it a little bit after that point?

BB Shockwave
03-13-2013, 10:37 PM
Well, quite a weird thing. Apparently you DO receive the wings for your horse when you get Christa, but you are not told about it by her (darn valkyries like to be mysterious) - however, when you do the mushroom-quest and blow up the boulders to free Runvald, Christa tells you "Oh, you could have just flown over them, you DO know you can fly now, right?" :D And that's when you get the wings.

Since getting the mushrooms requires little to no fighting, this can easily be done - you get the wings much sooner then in AP, and it will give you access to the Jotun houses.

nekator
02-02-2014, 09:00 AM
Seems the Fire and Ice DLC did break the horse?

This is annoying..

camelotcrusade
02-02-2014, 07:00 PM
Are you guys talking about the original WoTN or Ice and Fire?

In Ice and Fire you need to acquire all the Valkyries before you get the ability to fly - after the first battle with Guilford, I guess. I haven't experienced it firsthand, but I read this in a Russian article and I certainly did not get my winged horse after the first valkyrie. In the original campaign you get the horse as indicated by Nike-IT.

Why did they do this? Your guess is as good as mine, but my theory is they realized early flight comes with a trade-off. Sure, you can fly directly to everything that interests you, but once you've had your fun with that you're left with boring, picked-over maps. You also catapult up in power and unit choices quickly, bypassing the typical power and level curve. In short, they seem to have decided they want a more gradual progression for Ice and Fire rather a big spike with a large drop-off later. It's a big change and it will make some people unhappy. Personally, I like it, as early flight was overwhelming for me in WoTN and sabotaged a mid-game I might have otherwise enjoyed. YMMV.

Zhuangzi
02-03-2014, 07:09 AM
I guess it means that if you want to pick up all the loot you have to kite your way around the enemy stacks. I tend to do this a lot. One day I'd like to do an 'Iron Man' run through a KB game - it would be quite hard.