PDA

View Full Version : Who has already started playing?

Mygaffer
10-26-2012, 12:21 AM
I am stuck at work for two more hours but who has already started playing the game? What do you guys think so far?

Mister_Peace
10-26-2012, 03:27 AM
I saw this game in the Steam store, purchased it, started playing, and came here looking for skill tips and optimal builds. Very disappointed you guys aren't on the ball.

Orrion
10-26-2012, 09:53 AM
Yup, played for about an hour before work.
Plays great, with no crashes or bugs so far.

Darkeonz
10-26-2012, 10:11 AM
I'm playing! on third island so far

Zhuangzi
10-26-2012, 10:57 AM
Played for an hour or so just then, Impossible Skald. It's always a good idea to do the tutorial in KB games for the free money and xp, so I did that. The early monsters are mostly Slightly Weaker or Weak, so I'm chomping them easily with low losses (I'm not going for no losses, in fact I hope it isn't easy to do). The Viking units are nice, with a mix of abilities. Everything else is basically very similar to earlier KB games, including the occasional typo in the text :-P

But hey - BRAND NEW KB CAMPAIGN :cool:

Darkeonz
10-26-2012, 11:40 AM
It seems easier then Armored princess. I picked hard instead of invincible, because it's a new campaign and i don't know the spells and game well enough to play on invincible. My game has crashed twice. At random places. Just crashed in a battle and earlier it crashed while i was sailing. Luckily i quicksafe constantly

jake21
10-26-2012, 11:59 AM
I think skalad is the easiest class; the mage (sooth?) is much harder; in fact I think very hard on impossible at the start :)

namad
10-26-2012, 12:08 PM
I played the first 2.5 games with a mage on normal trying to go for no loses, a mage has a pathetically small army, but he also has the most options for things to do which don't involve an army? then again I guess any of the three classes can learn to cast resurrection just as easily, eh? sure a non-mage(soothsayer) might not get alchemy or higher magic, but if he simply focuses on learning a few key spells (like resurrection) then those abilities wouldn't be missed? anyone know just how much less leadership a soothsayer has than either of the other two classes?

also I do reckon skalds are probably the strictly best class in this game because in the first few games it was the warriors that had the most leadership? and the mind/paladins who had the middle amount? now the mind/paladins have the MOST leadership?

the ultimate ability for a skald is either USELESS (on a no loses attempt) or INSANELY AWESOME (on any other attempt as it's quite easy to reduce overall loses by simply sacrificing 1 stack only to have it return at 90% ) ?

oh also ... anyone know what the scaling is like on songs? I noticed at level 2 songs are basically useless since their drawbacks are about equal to their bonuses, I assume at level 50 the #'s all change and they are amazing?

oh I should add I'm not actually that good at this series, I've never beaten any of the games, I typically would get fairly far before getting frustrated at trying the same fight like a dozen times and moving on, I still love the series though, even playing through the game once only 50-90% of the way through takes a ton of hours played... furthermore... it takes longer when you're up tight and love loading to refight battles to avoid losing 1unit

does this game still feature treasure seeker as an ability? I loved getting 3bonus chests at the end of a battle after locking down the enemy side, also has the sacrifice spell been nerfed? or is it still possible to use sacrifice and resurrect type unit abilities to combine in such a way that you never have to buy any units ever?

Darkeonz
10-26-2012, 12:45 PM
I think skalad is the easiest class; the mage (sooth?) is much harder; in fact I think very hard on impossible at the start :)

I play as mage as well, but only on hard. seems pretty easy so far. But like I said before, I don't wanna start out on invincible and end up stuck at some place in the game :-D. So I started out on a level lower

namad
10-26-2012, 01:18 PM
I play as mage as well, but only on hard. seems pretty easy so far. But like I said before, I don't wanna start out on invincible and end up stuck at some place in the game :-D. So I started out on a level lower

I think this game might be easier than crossworlds things have been way to easy so far, and i'm wishing i was on hard with my mage too...but...but... maybe it's not that this game is easier, maybe it's just got "pacing" the other games basically just start out fairly tough and stay that way all game, maybe it's only the first area that's been made easier? if so that'd be good, if they've made the whole game easier I'd say that'd be bad?

Mygaffer
10-26-2012, 07:22 PM
I think this game might be easier than crossworlds things have been way to easy so far, and i'm wishing i was on hard with my mage too...but...but... maybe it's not that this game is easier, maybe it's just got "pacing" the other games basically just start out fairly tough and stay that way all game, maybe it's only the first area that's been made easier? if so that'd be good, if they've made the whole game easier I'd say that'd be bad?

To be fair you state you are playing on normal. Normal is supposed to be easy for anyone who knows how to play this type of game.

Unless you are playing on Impossible you can not really judge the difficulty of the game.