PDA

View Full Version : ... next sequel BoM ... ?

Pluto
10-25-2012, 08:46 AM
Hi Developers,

now after the so called "final patch" there is probably even less feedback to expect than before but I`d still like to ask questions about your sequel.
(Feels a bit like fishing in dull waters hoping a fish is taking the bait, hehe ...)

Provided that some of you guys in charge will read this, you are certainly not going to tell us when your sequel will make its appearance, next year or in 3 years from now but what about the planes it will have?

You showed us many pictures of IL2s, some other nice russian planes and a BF-109F version (very nice!) long time before CloD was halfway playable but what about P39 Airacobras, P40s, and other Lend-Lease planes from the US, will they be included too? I´d like to shoot down some of them as well!

I know your information politics are as open as the one of the former Soviet-Union but maybe you can skip that bad habit for once and let us know about your plans, hmm ... ?
;)

Troll2k
10-25-2012, 09:15 AM
I do not think you will get any definite information until after the "official" announcement.

No time frame for that is known.

NLS61
10-25-2012, 10:54 AM
for what its worth

http://bobgamehub.blogspot.nl/p/cliffs-of-dover-news_19.html

Skoshi Tiger
10-25-2012, 11:02 AM
Well they have devs have met one of their major milestones and I expect they are working hard towards the sequal. It may be time they updated their road map and talked about he plan from now on.

COD was 1940.
BOM will take them on to 41/42ish

Time for a another Pacific expansion next (if you ask me!)

Cheers!

Insuber
10-25-2012, 11:27 AM
for what its worth

http://bobgamehub.blogspot.nl/p/cliffs-of-dover-news_19.html

I hope that this MMO story is not true, but it sounds disturbingly likely.

FG28_Kodiak
10-25-2012, 01:22 PM
BlackSix stated that this is a fake, so NO PANIC! ;)

JG52Krupi
10-25-2012, 01:34 PM
If it is true you will find me on my knees in front of the 777 office pleading with Jason to start work on a ww2 sim.

I am not paying for bullets and i am not having a server dictate what i want to fly etc... they can shove that where the sun does not shine.

macro
10-25-2012, 02:19 PM
If it is true you will find me on my knees in front of the 777 office pleading with Jason to start work on a ww2 sim.

I am not paying for bullets and i am not having a server dictate what i want to fly etc... they can shove that where the sun does not shine.

Idd i feel the same. Its the reason i never played rof. I hate the idea of roping u in. I wont play mmo in ww2 flight sim. Id rather just stick with clod and any further "normal" expansions. That ship has sailed already with other recent titles( forgotten the name). Its not those sort of poeple who fly sims.

NLS61
10-25-2012, 02:28 PM

I hope your right

Rowddy
10-25-2012, 10:07 PM
I just want offline campaigns lol i'm soooo not interested in online flying. So if it's true (the MMO part) then i'm not interested in buying this at all

S!

zakkandrachoff
10-25-2012, 10:13 PM
BOM? battle of...? moscow?

do you mean BOSA and BOSW? battle for stalingrad autum and winter?

and bf109f? do you mean bf109G-2 ?:-P

Chivas
10-25-2012, 10:32 PM
Even if they plan to build an MMO doesn't necessarily mean the demise of the current development roadmap of a series of theaters for offline/online use. The game engine could easily do both, and both use basicly the exact same content.

I think the Sequel will include a Moscow map and a Stalingrad map.

Rangi
10-26-2012, 02:09 AM
Yeah no sale for me if its MMO, i need a pause button for any game to be possible to play, i never get that much time to play all in a row......

DefiantMk1
10-26-2012, 02:34 AM
Idd i feel the same. Its the reason i never played rof. I hate the idea of roping u in. I wont play mmo in ww2 flight sim. Id rather just stick with clod and any further "normal" expansions. That ship has sailed already with other recent titles( forgotten the name). Its not those sort of poeple who fly sims.

Well ROF is free and constantly updated by those who support it through DLC purchases and indeed you don't have to buy anything to use the two planes which come with the download. I am pretty sure the beta career is free too...So you're not roped in at all.

Feathered_IV
10-26-2012, 03:27 AM
Just give the free basic game of RoF a try. Don't buy anything that you don't intend to use. Just give it a fair go. You might find yourself very well entertained for no cost whatsoever.

Pluto
10-26-2012, 07:34 AM
Well ROF is free and constantly updated by those who support it through DLC purchases and indeed you don't have to buy anything to use the two planes which come with the download. I am pretty sure the beta career is free too...So you're not roped in at all.

... what you write is in general true BUT !
With only the 2 planes that you get in the download, you cannot fly a big campaign on neither side. So in one way or the other you are kind of forced to buy other planes and not to forget gunsights too, they help a lot and save ammunition ! I find them indispensable.

This free download of RoF is only the bait they throw in the water.
On one hand a clever idea because what you get is not bad at all.
Once you realize that, you want more of course.

For those really interested in flying ROF, I´d recommend get the "Iron Cross Edition", (Amazon) that has already 8 planes to fly.
All the updates and improvements, different offline-careers and so on are downloaded automatically once you install the game.

This "buy each item individually policy" of 777-studios is of course questionable.

But I once made the "mistake" to swallow the bait.
:)

*Buzzsaw*
10-26-2012, 08:27 AM
This free download of RoF is only the bait they throw in the water.
On one hand a clever idea because what you get is not bad at all.
Once you realize that, you want more of course.

For those really interested in flying ROF, I´d recommend get the "Iron Cross Edition", (Amazon) that has already 8 planes to fly.
All the updates and improvements, different offline-careers and so on are downloaded automatically once you install the game.

This "buy each item individually policy" of 777-studios is of course questionable.

Buy the Iron Cross Edition, then wait for a sale and buy only the planes you know you will fly regularly.

I bought all the planes to support the sim, (except the heavy bombers and floatplane, not my style) but in fact, I use only about 7 of those at all regularly. SE5a, Camel, Nieuport 11, Nieuport 17, Sopwith Triplane, Spad 7 and Bristol Fighter.

Sales are a good way of getting the planes you want very cheap. If you buy 5 planes or more at a time, you get a good price.

RISE OF FLIGHT is an excellent product now, with flight models which are quite accurate, no major glitches or bugs, excellent viewing systems and nice graphics. It has reflection modelled, something which is not a factor in CoD, it's nice to first catch the glint of the sun off the wing of your opponent and realize he's there.

All in all a great product, not as ambitious as CoD was, but the goals it had, it met. ;)

As far as Battle of Moscow is concerned, I am finding it hard to get any interest in it at all. I don't particularly like flying the Soviet planes, with the exception of the I-16, and not much of a German flyer either. If they bring in the P-39 and P-40 as lendlease equipment I might buy the game. Could be fun to have a Soviet Naval Campaign in Murmansk starting in I-16's, then Hurricanes, then Kittyhawks with Safonov. Not looking forward to the Hurricane II lendlease, if it is modelled correctly as it performed on Soviet fuel, it will be a horrible ride, worse performance and handling than the Hurricane I and completely outclassed by the 109's. The British brought over octane booster to mix with the Soviet fuel when they flew at Murmansk, but after they left there was none.

furbs
10-26-2012, 08:32 AM
The view system is prob the best ive seen in any sim to date.

Feathered_IV
10-26-2012, 08:53 AM
With only the 2 planes that you get in the download, you cannot fly a big campaign on neither side.

The FREE download you mean? Every other aircraft is right there for you to fly with or against. The observer and gunner positions of all types are free, and the Spad and DVII campaigns are also available to you. Not to mention the Career mode. Again, all for free. Are you really such a tight arse that all of that for nothing is still not enough?

Pluto
10-26-2012, 09:32 AM
The FREE download you mean? Every other aircraft is right there for you to fly with or against. The observer and gunner positions of all types are free, and the Spad and DVII campaigns are also available to you. Not to mention the Career mode. Again, all for free. Are you really such a tight arse that all of that for nothing is still not enough?

... sorry I must have expressed myself wrong if you did not get what I meant.
I did not say it is not enough.
I said that with only 2 flyable planes in the free download version (Albatros and SPAD-13) you cannot fly all the campaigns from 1914-1918, that`s all.

Storm of When
10-26-2012, 12:51 PM
If you wait for the sales the planes in RoF are value for money, I have no objection towards paying for what you fly especially if the game (full version) is free. Next time anyone spends $/£ 50 etc on a night on the beer and a monster headache they might consider $5 for a plane a decent deal.

I hope there will be an announcement soon on the future of Il2 CloD/BoM etc, if the spadework as almost been done maybe the sequels will be released on a yearly basis, here`s hoping!!

macro
10-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Nope, beer is far more important.

Matt255
10-26-2012, 03:23 PM
I said that with only 2 flyable planes in the free download version (Albatros and SPAD-13) you cannot fly all the campaigns from 1914-1918, that`s all.:)
And for flying from 1940 to 1945, you will need to buy CloD, BoM and I guess 2 to 3 more sequels.

I'm not a big supporter (well, financially, i am...) of RoF, especially when it comes down to things turned into "field mods", but seriously. You can do a lot there for free or just by buying some planes. Of course, some discipline is necessary and you should probably think twice before buying something.

BigC208
10-26-2012, 03:35 PM
As long as they have something like a 1946 or RoF style Quick Mission Builder I don't have a problem with them going the MMO route. I just looked back at how I've been playing 1946 and RoF for the last 10 years. After I finnished the canned campaigns in the original Il2 and RoF I only played QMB and online (80/20). BIG point for me is that they need to get the QMB interface back to the old style. What I also hope is that they stick with the theatre concept. Sell a theatre with a basic amount of planes and then add downloadable content. Like RoF, but start each new theatre as if it was the start of a new game. Don't try to sell me crap that comes standard on an aircraft. Ergo, try to sell me a compass or a reflector gunsight on a 1943 aircraft and you'll lose me as a customer. I would still play the game mind you, just not buy any downloadable content I have no use for. So far I've downloaded all the RoF planes because they're all usable without extra purhases of equipment. If the Il2 route is going where I needed to buy essential equipment seperately I'll end up with maybe 5 or 6 aircraft, tops. That's what I fly in RoF most of the time. The rest sits in the hangar, mostly bought out of curiosity.

The next sequel should be the early Pacific, battle for the Coral sea and Midway. Lots of water and little land masses. Even with todays game engine restrictions we should get good results. Luthier tried the Pacific before and knows the pittfalls. This time he should be able to circumnavigate them.

Blaf
10-26-2012, 05:13 PM
Phew...