PDA

View Full Version : Cliffs Of Dover

O_Smiladon
10-21-2012, 10:43 PM
S! All,

Well it out the last patch for CLOD and well it's...... Playable.. This is how it should have been at Release, and then we could have worked on the finer things from state it is in now.

Well I suppose that's were BoM fits in the big scheme of things.

I have given the Dev's some stick in the past (and rightly so IMO) but at least they did not run away. But hats off to them. They left a product that can be enjoyed (to some extent) by the end user.

As for BoM I wish them luck in producing a product that has all the finer details that CLOD has not polished out and that the two can be merged to make a really cool WW2 flight sim.

I for one will not be jumping straight in to buy, but will hang back and see what turns up (Sorry Dev's once bitten twice shy).

But if what turns up is great and everyone loves it then IM IN!!!!!!! And then BRING on the PACIFIC!!!!........................MMmmmmm CARRIERS!

O_Smiladon

planespotter
10-21-2012, 10:55 PM
But what if you get War Thunder World o Planes type of game as sequel? Still an interest? Not me. Upgrades, experience points, tech ladders, pay to win, blah blah Good for xbox, not for PC.

JG52Krupi
10-21-2012, 11:27 PM
But what if you get War Thunder World o Planes type of game as sequel? Still an interest? Not me. Upgrades, experience points, tech ladders, pay to win, blah blah Good for xbox, not for PC.

+1

Agreed, if they continue down the same path as the original il2 or even the same model as ROF I will pre-order it, but if its an MMO then I will tell them to shove it where the sun does not shine.

FS~Phat
10-22-2012, 01:58 AM
As Chris Roberts has just demonstrated with his plans for Star Citizen. The "NEW" type of MMO doesnt have to be a bad thing.

Pay up front for the game.
No subscription
Option to buy addons or upgrades and additional content(similar to ROF)
Campaign / single player / co-op with MMO world integration giving option for online or offline play
MMO type persistent world where you can have MP combat which will also supports "instanced" Co-op.
Private server support for creating your own battle campaigns or co-op sessions.

Star Trek Online also does most of this now without a monthly subscription fee.

So MMO is evolving as most of the big AAA publishers/developers have worked out the dropout rate for monthly subscription MMO is very high!