PDA

View Full Version : Is it time to convince some online gaming sites to do a new review?

mazex
10-19-2012, 09:56 AM
Well - as the final patch is so far from the original bug ridden mess, is it time to try to convince some online gaming sites to do a new fresh review of CloD? Sure - the big ones will not do it but SimHQ etc might do it at least to get more people into the game. Or at least notify the people that bought it and gave up and moved on that the game actually is a LOT better now?

That could give some needed boost to the number of online players and some cash at least to our friends in Moscow...

Anyone with "connections"? I will try to send some mail to the major Swedish gaming sites at least like fz.se. They do have some reviewers that actually like flight sims.

And if it could get 7.5-8.0 or so (which I think it deserves today) it would help the buildup for the sequel release I think?

EDIT: I just sent a mail to fz.se proposing an update of their previous review of the game (3/5) that was a fair and initiated review ending with that the game is not done so they did not recommend buying it until a number of patches...

CaptainDoggles
10-19-2012, 10:42 AM
Is it time to convince some online gaming sites to do a new review?

No. Re-opening the wound will not help because the game is merely "acceptable" now.

People here are only elated because the previous state of the game was so abysmal.

ParaB
10-19-2012, 10:54 AM
I doubt any major gaming site would give CloD a better rating than 7.0 in its current state. The technical side of game has been improved but most of the major flaws regarding the gameplay are still as bad as on release.

mazex
10-19-2012, 11:22 AM
I doubt any major gaming site would give CloD a better rating than 7.0 in its current state. The technical side of game has been improved but most of the major flaws regarding the gameplay are still as bad as on release.

But as many gave it a 3 or 4 it would be better to have a 7 in the cv ;) And - at the current price of $10 or so it's actually very well worth the price so some new blood would not be bad? Lately there have actually been a bunch of new users here that seem to have followed the news about the latest patches and finally decided to step on the train from the platform...

I'm just interested in getting the people that are in the railway café to get a loudspeaker message that the train has finally arrived. It may not be all shiny but the ticket is cheap. And there are no other WWII flight sim trains coming in a long time so the coffee will get cold ;)

zapatista
10-19-2012, 11:30 AM
i think it is a good idea to contact some of the flightsim websites (or magazines ?) that initially reviewed CoD after first release, and when most gave it a very low rating

the improvements are very significant in the last few months with the recent patches, and some positive press would be more honest for how it performs in its current state.

6BL Bird-Dog
10-19-2012, 11:46 AM
With so many of the features not functioning that were supposed to be in the initial CloD release, it may be far better to wait till the release of the sequel when hopefully most of these will be operational .
To try to Review the present product that although better than it has ever been will still present many shortcomings present against the features advertised with the original game release.
I have no doubts that with the lessons learned the Sequel will be a far better polished product .I have to agree with Captain Doggles,performance is acceptable but there are still many issues and disabeled functions that require adressing which reviews would only high-light.