PDA

View Full Version : Luthier can we please have a Zoom IN and a Zoom out button in the last patch!?!

Anders_And
10-15-2012, 06:43 AM
I have no idea how hard this is to code but I know that this is wanted feature.
Currently we only have 3 types of preset view options that we also had in Il2.

This feature already in exists in CLOD BUT at the moment we must hold in a selected button and then move the mouse forward and backwards to zoom in and out. This is not desirable in combat. Instead a "zoom in" button and "zoom out" button would be greatly appreciated!

This feature exists in Rise of flight and is great! Here is a video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBa1ifATLAw

This is how it looks in CLOD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6CGViJrcRA&feature=BFa&list=PL981CBC682E928D2A

Its a great feature but currently way too complicated to use in combat!

Kwiatek
10-15-2012, 01:43 PM
Yea CLOD had the same FOV changer system like old Il2 although in IL2 could be possible to make smooth FOV change by mods ( zoom in and zoom out).

I think in nowadays smothing FOV change by ZOOM IN and ZOOM OUT like in others sims ( ROF, DCS, FSX) is a must - i wonder why 1C dont implement it in CLOD yet?

So i hope 1C take care of these and make smooth FOV change in final patch.

Also i think option in controls : "Loosen Shoulder Straps" should be removed from game. I cant imagine how pilot in combat could looseing his harnes to move his head more close to gunshight - it is obviously nonsense to me. Pilot fastening his belts before flight and loosening it only when he have to bailed out or after landing. But looseing belts during combat is really nonsense. Expecially if it could be make so fast in game in both ways. I think it really should be removed.

recoilfx
10-15-2012, 01:48 PM
We also need to limit the amount of FOV we can change. Currently with click to zoom, we can have crazy high FOV. But then agian, if that's removed, we'd loose the 'super dots' to spot contacts :)

chantaje
10-15-2012, 02:15 PM
a "toogle fov" option like in old il2 would be great

an option similar to the one in rof and others already exist, you change it with the mouse axis and the "hold to adjust field of view"

Kankkis
10-15-2012, 02:57 PM
Yeah we really need this feature, it's great on dcs and rof, i'll use analog wheel in my g940 to do this, and it's great.

Jaws2002
10-15-2012, 03:10 PM
an option similar to the one in rof and others already exist, you change it with the mouse axis and the "hold to adjust field of view"

Yeah. but it's retarded. Why on earth would you want to hold a button pressed in order to be able to press another button? whoever came with this idea is a retarded moron. We already have to fiddle with a lot of buttons and axis, while in combat.

I hope they'll change it, but I kind of lost fate in this bunch.

Jaws2002
10-15-2012, 03:14 PM
Yeah we really need this feature, it's great on dcs and rof, i'll use analog wheel in my g940 to do this, and it's great.

Exactly. Zoom on an analog axis is a bare minimum for a dynamic game, where you use a lot of controls in the same time, like a flight sim.
The way they made it in Clod, it's like waving the middle finger to anyone with more than two axis and two buttons on the joystick.:rolleyes:

Dano
10-15-2012, 03:29 PM
Agreed, zoom in/out and the ability to map it to an axis or slider is essential.

LoBiSoMeM
10-15-2012, 03:49 PM
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=253678&postcount=14

:rolleyes:

We just need that devs make it more easy to setup...

smink1701
10-15-2012, 03:56 PM
I would like separate and independent zoom commands for cockpit, flyby and exterior views. When you zoom in on Flyby and then return to cockpit view the zoom is applied there as well which makes you need to zoom out. In ROF they are independent and it's a better approach.

chantaje
10-15-2012, 04:11 PM
thanks lobison, it works great!

Dano
10-15-2012, 04:17 PM
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=253678&postcount=14

:rolleyes:

We just need that devs make it more easy to setup...

I'd rather not have to use 3rd party software for such a simple and what should be default control.

5./JG27.Farber
10-15-2012, 04:25 PM
+1 to this!

Marmusman
10-15-2012, 04:31 PM

This feature already in exists in CLOD BUT at the moment we must hold in a selected button and then move the mouse forward and backwards to zoom in and out. This is not desirable in combat. Instead a "zoom in" button and "zoom out" button would be greatly appreciated!

This might be an option?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw1onDEzlXU

Freycinet
10-15-2012, 04:49 PM
Marmusman, it is way to complicated to have to hold down one key and then move another, to zoom. Also, that is more or less what you can have now already in CoD: hold key on joystick and move mouse to zoom smoothly in and out.

I second the original poster's request: a zoom-in button and a zoom-out button. Should be so easy to program and really is a minimal request for a modern sim.

Interesting to see there is a tird-party prog that will allow it, but my comp is already struggling when CoD runs, so I don't want to have to have more programs running. It should really be in-game.

ATAG_Snapper
10-15-2012, 04:51 PM
Excellent video, Marmusmann!

Has anyone been able to do same/similar with Warthog HOTAS, with or without its TARGET programming software?

gelbevierzehn
10-15-2012, 06:05 PM
That call for a zoom function surprised me a bit.

The entire community is discussing about every tiny detail of flight models, performance rates, fuel types, ammo belt mix, etc. just to make this sim a benchmark in terms of realism.

And know everybody wants to have a zoom in and out button??!!
Which pilot gear offered that in WW2????
I don't remember any secret Spit or 109 version with zoomable MFD's or am I wrong?

The only special device which came roughly close to this unrealistic zoom view, was a sighting telescope mounted next to the REVI in Adolf Gallands Bf-109 E4.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8056/8090984336_b6120c0871.jpg

He used this scope NOT for aiming, just for identifying enemy aircraft!

I don't care about arcade mode but for full real gameplay PLEASE just fix the field of view to 1st or 2nd FoV with NO ability to zoom around.

Just my humble opinion...

ATAG_Doc
10-15-2012, 06:12 PM
The man above me is right. Was only used to ID distant contacts.

ATAG_Doc
10-15-2012, 06:17 PM
If anyone has CH products I can get that working. Use the mini mouse on throttle to zoom in and out. Just map any other key such as the pinky key on the fighterstick to enable by pressing adjusting with mini mouse. Very simple.

gelbevierzehn
10-15-2012, 06:26 PM
Also i think option in controls : "Loosen Shoulder Straps" should be removed from game. I cant imagine how pilot in combat could looseing his harnes to move his head more close to gunshight - it is obviously nonsense to me. Pilot fastening his belts before flight and loosening it only when he have to bailed out or after landing. But looseing belts during combat is really nonsense. Expecially if it could be make so fast in game in both ways. I think it really should be removed.

That's wrong. A lot of fighter aces in WW2 flew without or loosend shoulder straps, not in terms of moving closer to the gunsight, but for better room of motion and the ability to look better backwards.
That was also the reason for the common headinjuries after crashlanding the 109...

Kwiatek
10-15-2012, 07:30 PM
Loosened shoulder straps casue in CLOD less head movement during manouvers and shoting which is really absurd. I also cant imagine how pilot could lossened his shoulder straps during combat it is also absurd to me expecially if it is such quickly done in game in both ways. I fly aerobatic plane i always had my all belts fastened tight i hardly imagine how i could lossening some belts during manouvers. Even if i fastened my shoulder belts not such tight during manouvers my upper body would be moving too much i bet it would help in aiming.

SharpeXB
10-15-2012, 08:27 PM
Having a zoom in and zoom out button as well as a zoom axis is just basic game design and it's amazing CloD doesn't include it. Every other flight sim game has this feature. Without a zoom a flight sim is totally unplayable in my opinion. You can't even see your own cockpit without zooming in just a bit and ID ing other aircraft without using icons is impossible. Real pilots had better vision than a 1080p screen. that's why you need a zoom. It needs to be an easy transparent command and not require multiple buttons. Honestly the current system in CloD is terrible. Fix it please. I have my zoom mapped to the rudder toe axis for RoF and DCS A-10 and it's beautiful.

Dano
10-15-2012, 08:31 PM
That call for a zoom function surprised me a bit.

The entire community is discussing about every tiny detail of flight models, performance rates, fuel types, ammo belt mix, etc. just to make this sim a benchmark in terms of realism.

And know everybody wants to have a zoom in and out button??!!
Which pilot gear offered that in WW2????
I don't remember any secret Spit or 109 version with zoomable MFD's or am I wrong?

The only special device which came roughly close to this unrealistic zoom view, was a sighting telescope mounted next to the REVI in Adolf Gallands Bf-109 E4.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8056/8090984336_b6120c0871.jpg

He used this scope NOT for aiming, just for identifying enemy aircraft!

I don't care about arcade mode but for full real gameplay PLEASE just fix the field of view to 1st or 2nd FoV with NO ability to zoom around.

Just my humble opinion...

Load of crap, in game zoom is merely a function to help emulate the abilities of the human eye, you do have those right?

ATAG_Doc
10-15-2012, 09:23 PM
Wait a minute I thought this sim was dead and we have lively post about FOV of all things. Not FM related at all I will point out while laughing but a silly FOV. Next someone will remind us this isn't silly but a sign at how inept the developers are because they can't get this sim right and make it exactly like 1946 or RoF. Lol

Dano
10-15-2012, 09:46 PM
It's been an ongoing request and often discussed since launch, nothing new.

jayrc
10-15-2012, 09:57 PM
I like the way Clod does the zoom, I do think there should be more options for zoom like in old IL2 and even the option to zoom like the OP wants but PLEASE don't take away IL2 way of zooming in degrees, way better IMHO

zipper
10-15-2012, 10:08 PM
Loosened shoulder straps casue in CLOD less head movement during manouvers and shoting which is really absurd. I also cant imagine how pilot could lossened his shoulder straps during combat it is also absurd to me expecially if it is such quickly done in game in both ways. I fly aerobatic plane i always had my all belts fastened tight i hardly imagine how i could lossening some belts during manouvers. Even if i fastened my shoulder belts not such tight during manouvers my upper body would be moving too much i bet it would help in aiming.

Actually, in American aircraft this would quickly be accomplished by locking/unlocking the shoulder strap retractor (Pilot's Information Manual 6-8-1 rev. April 1, 1944). I wouldn't be surprised if other aircraft had a similar feature as well. What would you do if you dropped your map? Fly inverted? Would you want (or dare) to undo your belts?

KG26_Alpha
10-15-2012, 10:28 PM

This feature exists in Rise of flight and is great! Here is a video

This is how it looks in CLOD

You missed the boat, the thread was stickied for over a year.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=468688&postcount=257

From.......

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28341

If you wish to report a bug use the bug thread please.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=34743