PDA

View Full Version : 16th Capt. Mojeaux Just got CoD Help

Mojeaux
10-13-2012, 02:21 AM
Hay people..

I was wondering if I could just cut to the chase of things around here and ask the pros what it is I need to do to get my NEW CD copy of CoD up to and running the latest patched version? The only reason we/I am just getting here is our squad has been told that the game is very flyable now!!! I had been holding off for that statement to come around... So here we/I am..

Vetren IL2 flyer!

What do you say a little help here...

16th Capt. Mojeaux out;

Troll2k
10-13-2012, 03:28 AM
The game runs through Steam so you will need a Steam account.I used the d/l version so I am not sure exactly about the CD version.But I think there is an install that installs Steam and then d/ls the IL2 game to the last official patch 1.05.Steam automatically brings the game up to the latest official patch every time you log on.

There are some beta patches that are optional.They have to be manually d/led as they are not available on Steam.(Steam only updates official patches.Not betas)

There is an ingame server browser under the multiplay option under client.

Mojeaux
10-13-2012, 06:07 PM
Thanks for the rapid reply Trol2k, I was really trying to avoid 'Steam" in the past there use to be so many problems...again thanks

Troll2k
10-13-2012, 06:49 PM
Unfortunately you can not run the game without Steam.

On the good side I find it to be a rather benign form of DRM.

Mojeaux
10-13-2012, 07:19 PM
OK so we are going and I am trying to set up the HOTAS..I have noted that the current version on this flying rig is 105.15970 is that all it took to get up to speed?

16th Capt. Mojeaux out;

Troll2k
10-13-2012, 08:16 PM
1.05 is the latest official version.There has been a couple of optional betas since then.The latest is RC2(1.10).

Some servers in the ingame browser are still on 1.08 or 1.09.You have to have the same version to join.There are not many servers with the last official version.

You have to manually d/l and install any beta.Steam only upgrades official patches.

Mojeaux
10-14-2012, 02:35 AM
I'm kinda lost to where to start looking for the "beta" mods any help?

Troll2k
10-14-2012, 03:02 AM
Links are in the sticky threads.

JTDawg
10-14-2012, 10:09 AM
here is latest version m8 http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=34902 then make sure you put in right place extract to C - program files x86-- steam -- steam apps --- common -- il2 cod just high lite il2 cod folder , dont open , then extract , it will ask to over write --- yes to all bang your done , salute

grawl
10-14-2012, 04:11 PM
And don't forget to delete the cache folder located in My Documents\1cSoftclub\... after you installed the beta, then start the game and make a quick mission, then exit the game, and restart it.
This cache file stores shaders from older versions, so cleaning it and letting the game recreate it optimizes it.

Epilepsy filter should be disabled at all costs :grin:
Steam is not that bad, it rarely got in my way (the problem was my internet connection, not steam itself).

Win 7 is mandatory as well.

To go multiplayer, start the game, click on multiplayer, client, refresh, and some populated servers will show up. You just have to select it, read the quick briefing, see the players in it, and click on join.

A quite recent rig is needed to enjoy the game to its full potential. It is still rather playable on an older rig, at the expense of lowering the graphics quality and some minor stutters.

This should give you and your squad a good headstart, as most of the time if someone is having issues with the game it's because one of these conditions isn't met.

Cheers!