PDA

View Full Version : How was Team Daidalos started/created?

Fighterace
10-05-2012, 07:57 AM
Just wondering where the team came from?

Artist
10-05-2012, 10:17 AM
+1

RegRag1977
10-05-2012, 11:26 AM
+1

Would like to know too... :)

CWMV
10-05-2012, 03:34 PM
As I understand it the neucleus of TD were the first modders, who approached mg and were allowed access to the source code if they agreed to certain limitations.
Would love more detailed info though.

FlyingShark
10-05-2012, 07:29 PM
I was just wondering that too.

~S~

Sita
10-06-2012, 05:52 PM
i think most of DT member is that guys which cooperate with MG from FB ...

mkubani
10-06-2012, 07:46 PM
DT has started as a mix (about 50:50) of former 1C/MG third party modellers and AAA modders that wanted to continue working on IL-2 in a different way than it has been established on AAA. Simple as that. We did not want to go against the owner of the game but offered a direct non-commercial cooperation to him. We have agreed to the limitations that were linked to such agreement. Basically, we need to be consistent and legal in the development of our patches.

Patch 4.09 content has been produced completely by DT, and just compiled by 1C. Everything after 4.09 has been done by DT only including compilation and release.

Just one note: Nobody in DT is playing "gods", but we do get irritated when we are publicly requested / pushed to do things we have stated we can not and will not do for reasons described above. DT's objectives has been clearly stated back in 2009. And we have proposed external cooperation right in the interview. You can read the public interview here: http://www.simhq.com/_air13/air_420a.html

BTW, Sita you have been one of those who has cooperated with us directly and now your fantastic cockpit of SB-2 is coded into 4.12. Thank you.

I hope I have answered your question.

IceFire
10-06-2012, 07:50 PM
Just to add... some may not be aware but as early as 2003 or maybe 2004 there were third party modeling groups working on content for IL-2. Those were not modders as they worked on their aircraft (or other objects) and then they were either accepted or rejected (quality) by Maddox Games for programming and inclusion.

Aircraft like the P-63, Spitfire V and IX, P-38, P-47 and more were aircraft that were completed by third party modelling teams and released at various points in time.

Sita
10-06-2012, 07:58 PM
BTW, Sita you have been one of those who has cooperated with us directly and now your fantastic cockpit of SB-2 is coded into 4.12. Thank you.

like i already said ( not once) i proud to be communicate with you guys... and i hope that i will become a worthy member of your Dteam ))))

Sita
10-06-2012, 08:04 PM
Thank you that breathed life in to the SB
( personally to Viikate BIG BIG Thanks!!!he is a Magician)

Nil
10-06-2012, 10:39 PM
like i already said ( not once) i proud to be communicate with you guys... and i hope that i will become a worthy member of your Dteam ))))
Many thanks for your wonderful work on this plane, that is great work! thanks to bringing to life the SB.

Sita
10-06-2012, 11:32 PM
i've do what i can ...
and not only i ... i work not in loneliness ... SB we made with my friend Zlovred ...

but it only half (or may be less then half of work) rest of part of work was do Great Guys from DT ...

to us DT was like inspirer ... and Great Supporter ...

we are very grateful to they

Fighterace
10-06-2012, 11:48 PM
DT has started as a mix (about 50:50) of former 1C/MG third party modellers and AAA modders that wanted to continue working on IL-2 in a different way than it has been established on AAA. Simple as that. We did not want to go against the owner of the game but offered a direct non-commercial cooperation to him. We have agreed to the limitations that were linked to such agreement. Basically, we need to be consistent and legal in the development of our patches.

Patch 4.09 content has been produced completely by DT, and just compiled by 1C. Everything after 4.09 has been done by DT only including compilation and release.

Just one note: Nobody in DT is playing "gods", but we do get irritated when we are publicly requested / pushed to do things we have stated we can not and will not do for reasons described above. DT's objectives has been clearly stated back in 2009. And we have proposed external cooperation right in the interview. You can read the public interview here: http://www.simhq.com/_air13/air_420a.html

Just the answer I was looking for. Thanks :)

IceFire
10-07-2012, 02:17 PM
i've do what i can ...
and not only i ... i work not in loneliness ... SB we made with my friend Zlovred ...

but it only half (or may be less then half of work) rest of part of work was do Great Guys from DT ...

to us DT was like inspirer ... and Great Supporter ...

we are very grateful to they

Definitely a great job and a great service both of you provided in putting together the content you have. Keep it up! :cool:

Bearcat
10-09-2012, 01:54 AM
I remember well those early days and how uncertain things were for so may. From where I sit it seems that a lot of the voices of reason within the AAA group moved to TD and HSFX..

I am just very grateful that they are here and that they were able to work with Oleg & 1C.

trashcanman
10-16-2012, 12:37 AM

Is there any chance of us lowly plebs seeing that agreement?
I for one would be interested in the terms of reference with which you are not playing god and with clayless feet ;)

FC99
10-16-2012, 07:30 PM
DT has started as a mix (about 50:50) of former 1C/MG third party modellers and AAA modders that wanted to continue working on IL-2 in a different way than it has been established on AAA.
Just a little correction.Expression "AAA modders" should not be taken literally , some of the DT founding members were just a regular members of that forum but at the same time they were members of many other forums so you could equally say "UBI modders" , "CWOS modders" or whatever. Closest to the truth would be to say that some of the DT members were involved in modding but without particular affiliation.

Is there any chance of us lowly plebs seeing that agreement?
I for one would be interested in the terms of reference with which you are not playing god and with clayless feet ;)
You can't see it, business' contracts are not public matter.

CWMV
10-17-2012, 04:19 AM
They are doing a pretty poor job giving it all away for free.

Arl5555en
10-17-2012, 09:40 AM
Thank you that breathed life in to the SB
http://www.rdox.info/01.jpghttp://www.rdox.info/02.jpghttp://www.rdox.info/8.jpghttp://www.rdox.info/9.jpg

trashcanman
10-18-2012, 11:35 PM
You can't see it, business' contracts are not public matter.

Now I am confused. Does TD have a contract with 1C or an Agreement?

In order to have a contract with another party, TD must be a registered business, charity, other legal entity or be an individual acting in proxy for TD :confused:

To my simple mind, that seems like a bunch of very complex options with various legal connotations that could leave individuals open to personal liabilities from disgruntled customers. (I am merely stating an opinion here, please do not use this as a excuse to delete another of my posts!)

On the other hand, an Agreement between a collection of well meaning individuals (such as TD) and a corporate body (such as 1C) could easily be shared in the public domain (such as every EULA one has ever clicked "Agreed" to) without any problem.

TD has a worrying habit, in my personal opinion, of aggressively attacking anyone who dares to question their intellectual supremacy and an ongoing refusal to explain the data they use, their interpretation of it and the justification of the changes they make based upon it.

Other than that they are awesome :)

FC99
10-19-2012, 02:27 AM
Now I am confused. Does TD have a contract with 1C or an Agreement?
Licensing agreement is a contract.

that could leave individuals open to personal liabilities from disgruntled customers.:grin: now that would be funny .

On the other hand, an Agreement between a collection of well meaning individuals (such as TD) and a corporate body (such as 1C) could easily be shared in the public domain (such as every EULA one has ever clicked "Agreed" to) without any problem.
EULA is a contract too but the content of the EULA and Licensing agreement is completely different and you know that.

TD has a worrying habit, in my personal opinion, of aggressively attacking anyone who dares to question their intellectual supremacy and an ongoing refusal to explain the data they use, their interpretation of it and the justification of the changes they make based upon it.

Posting on forums and explaining things to people takes time. It takes somebodies free time. If you want somebody to neglect his family and friends and devote time to you than you should make your case in a brief and concise manner. Those who do their homework and act politely usually get the answer to their questions.

Luno13
10-19-2012, 05:31 AM
Indeed, it's way too easy to take all of this work for granted. DT are volunteers, providing all of this high-quality content in their free time.

fly_zo
10-19-2012, 10:07 AM
well i don't know how DT_hier.him file looks like ( hierarchy ) and how decisions are made among them but what i do know is that most of their members are outstanding guys always willing to consider constructive suggestions and honor any agreement.

I say most of the guys cos i didn't have privilege to get to know all of them , just guys who shared their work at AAA in "golden years".

so FC , Microwave, Maratz, Asheshouse, Slot map team etc . .... many thanks guys for all of your work

regards
Z

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
10-19-2012, 03:00 PM
Just a little note/correction to what FC said: In fact the contract or licence agreement was settled between 1C and a number of individual members (not even all) of the team - 'individuals as part of the team'. Its not a contract between 1C and DT.

EDIT: I for myself take it serious and won't share the content either.

magot
10-19-2012, 09:51 PM
How was Team Daidalos started/created?
In my eyes was DT formed in situation due import two important addons - flyable aircraft Avia B-534II and Letov S-328 AI controlled.
Hand in hand with next project which was never released direct by 1C - Viikate´ s Fokker DXXI was the cornerstone of new development team laid.

JV44Priller
10-22-2012, 06:34 AM
Who responds to the team email?

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
10-22-2012, 07:20 AM
Everyone can do.

Furio
11-01-2012, 10:00 AM
TD has... an ongoing refusal to explain the data they use, their interpretation of it and the justification of the changes they make based upon it.

Other than that they are awesome :)

This is a recurring argument. Which source should we regard as reliable?

In those days, tests were made in a most primitive way by today standards, with questionable instruments calibration. The case of the Hellcat demonstrates it clearly.
When different sources are confronted, people usually choose as “true” the highest performances for their favourite plane, and the lowest for their adversaries. Even “objective” people make their choice between sources.

General consensus, as countless threads demonstrate, cannot be achieved, never. In the end, someone has to make a decision, and someone will be disappointed. In my opinion, TD demonstrated wisdom and consistency many times.

In my opinion again, their work in improving AI is much more important than any tweaking of performances.