PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for bringing IL2 to consoles!

guiltyspark
06-07-2008, 02:51 PM
The console gamer cannot find a decent flight game if his life depended on it!

But now we get the best one in history!

Many people are excited about this new project and hope that the realism and immersion will be just as good on the console!

thank you 1C !!!

DuxCorvan
06-07-2008, 03:48 PM
The console gamer cannot find a decent flight game if his life depended on it!

But now we get the best one in history!

Many people are excited about this new project and hope that the realism and immersion will be just as good on the console!

thank you 1C !!!

The console gamer will still need to buy a PC to have a decent flight simulator.

This thing is just a stunning looking arcade. Like most console stuff.

societysfault
06-07-2008, 04:59 PM
hey, i just read that 1c will be putting this flight game on console, and i am very excited. i will absolutely buy two copys! i hope they can make it compatible with the ace edge flight stick. anyway i just wanted to drop by and say thanks to 1c, and i cant wait to play the game. thanks guys.

Old_Canuck
06-07-2008, 05:20 PM
hey, i just read that 1c will be putting this flight game on console, and i am very excited. i will absolutely buy two copys! i hope they can make it compatible with the ace edge flight stick. anyway i just wanted to drop by and say thanks to 1c, and i cant wait to play the game. thanks guys.

It would be something to see on a 60" LCD if there was a flight stick available for it but I wouldn't consider it if TIR is not compatible.

Jigen
06-07-2008, 06:11 PM
The console gamer will still need to buy a PC to have a decent flight simulator.

Wrong. "Birds of Prey includes a simulation mode that is no different than the most strict simulation mode of the original PC title."

Source : http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1998/IL2-Sturmovik-Birds-of-Prey/p1/

There's also similar statements on other sites, IGN for one.

Anyways, I liked the game on PC, and I'm looking forward to the 360 version!

Sim
06-07-2008, 07:14 PM
What is expected release date?

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey should be landing on your Xbox 360 in early 2009.

(edit I'll answer my own question)

guiltyspark
06-08-2008, 03:18 AM
Wrong. "Birds of Prey includes a simulation mode that is no different than the most strict simulation mode of the original PC title."

Source : http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1998/IL2-Sturmovik-Birds-of-Prey/p1/

exactly :cool:

console gamers are getting a taste too

Xiola
06-08-2008, 10:07 AM

Just HOW are they going to imlement 100+ different controls on an XBox gamepad?

Deovis
06-08-2008, 12:55 PM
did you noted that Birds of Prey use the SOW_BOB 3d engine? Amazing!!!

I hope it will run so smooth also on PCs!Ehehehe ;-)

DuxCorvan
06-08-2008, 02:06 PM

And they're making it also for the Nintendo DS. :rolleyes: Oh, yeah, they sure will implement CEM and all... I'm longing to plug my pedals and TIR to the DS... :rolleyes:

Seriously, apart from more realistic physics and a just-cockpit-view mode, that seems to be all the 'seriousness' implied. Which is great, really, compared to the common bang-bang thing we usually have in consoles.

Xiola
06-08-2008, 02:37 PM
did you noted that Birds of Prey use the SOW_BOB 3d engine? Amazing!!!

I hope it will run so smooth also on PCs!Ehehehe ;-)

Its the IL2 engine.

ElAurens
06-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Yup, IL2 engine, and the game was not developed by Oleg. I'm hoping Oleg did get a good fee for his engine though.

AFJ_rsm
06-08-2008, 03:08 PM
It'd be pretty danged awesome if that developer would release new patches or something to polish up our IL2 to those visual standards since, well, they have the source code now!

DuxCorvan
06-08-2008, 05:03 PM
It'd be pretty danged awesome if that developer would release new patches or something to polish up our IL2 to those visual standards since, well, they have the source code now!

Well, I don't think they would do that for free. They're another company, even if it's possible to do that -I still doubt that is merely a refurbished Il-2 engine- they're not going to freely release such an "overhaul" for an old game just to keep us happy.

If they do, they should be paid for it. And it would be fantastic, I'd buy it. But, on the other side... I hope not. Because that would mean 1C is not going to release SoW anytime soon, since they would be selling competing products in a very limited niche market.

That BoP may be for PC also disturbs me quite a bit... even if it's not SoW/Maddox related. Because, why should 1C release a BoB sim product if they really think SoW is waiting in line for them to distribute? :(

AFJ_rsm
06-08-2008, 06:28 PM
That's all true

Still, it would be pretty cool and I'd still pay for it. Even if the possible competition between Gaijin and Maddox is a matter of concern (purely hypothetical speak here since we don't even know what Gaijin plans for the PC market), it would be a SHAME not to stretch the engine of our IL2 and let it die when it has been clearly shown to us the possible extents of its capabilities.

HenFre
06-08-2008, 06:45 PM
Why are you talking about BoP being released on the pc? The game has only been announced for consoles. Is this speculation or do any of you have any facts about this?

zapatista
06-08-2008, 07:05 PM
folks, why rain on the console people's parade ?

they are getting a great new sim for their platform, and all *the usual suspects* here seem to do is post snide remarks and trying to make the newcomers feel unwelcome.

the console users are getting il2/BoB on their 50' living room plasma's long before the rest of the pc crowd gets a sniff of it on their puny desktop monitors, and we are still living on promises and good faith (which is starting to run thin).

have a look at something like this on your hidef plasma, http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/screen-hires/75470/IL2-Sturmovik-Birds-of-Prey/ , add some hotas (yes they exist for consoles) and there will be many new happy bunnies flying the friendly skies.

btw the console version also has a specific release date, good luck to them !

Jigen
06-08-2008, 07:39 PM
And they're making it also for the Nintendo DS. :rolleyes: Oh, yeah, they sure will implement CEM and all... I'm longing to plug my pedals and TIR to the DS... :rolleyes:

I'm sure the DS one won't even have the simulation modes. DS hardware isn't even as strong as a Sega Saturn, it's about equal to a PC from 1995 at best.

Maybe just USB keyboard support? All 360 games have USB keyboard support for text entry, and some games like Phantasy Star Online and FF11 have gameplay support with them too. It makes a lot of sense.

AFJ_rsm
06-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Why are you talking about BoP being released on the pc? The game has only been announced for consoles. Is this speculation or do any of you have any facts about this?

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=3418

guiltyspark
06-09-2008, 01:42 AM
guys , they said in the previews that it would have joystic support

so chances are we can use our x52's from ace combat aswell as what ever they plan to package with the game

stop being such negative nancys about a console game

its not like oleg is going to stop work on BOB becaus of it.... (even though this new console game will sell fuckloads of copies)

Robert
06-09-2008, 03:06 AM
Get them to nibble on the console hook and maybe they can be reeled in onto the computer for BoB.

If not them at least there's a bit more money gleened off 1C/Maddox' engine.

MOH_Hirth
06-09-2008, 04:59 AM
Good ideia IL-2 start in consoles too, this will help the SOW start and show to the next generations interest for IL-2 and simulation war2 planes.

PS: 4.09 NEWS or prevision?

Paul
06-09-2008, 04:04 PM
This is probably the best thing that could happen for the flight simulation genre.

BOP will have fairly high realism at the highest settings but the biggest strength is that players won't need to buy extra gear.

There will be those who will get well and truly hooked and will look to go further and will find out about HOTAS and TrackIR - which only work on PC's (i would LOVE for CH and Naturalpoint to change this).

guiltyspark
06-10-2008, 02:01 PM
This is probably the best thing that could happen for the flight simulation genre.

BOP will have fairly high realism at the highest settings but the biggest strength is that players won't need to buy extra gear.

There will be those who will get well and truly hooked and will look to go further and will find out about HOTAS and TrackIR - which only work on PC's (i would LOVE for CH and Naturalpoint to change this).

it really is , i have been waiting for flight sims to arrive on consoles for quite some time and i would never have expected it to be IL2

sasquatch
07-03-2008, 04:45 PM
First time post for me here. I'm an xbox 360 guy and I am so pumped about this sim...more so than any other game out there right now. I never really got into the pc sims for whatever reason but this seems so cool. A nice change from the arcadey missile fests on the console now. I happy to see something that will require some real dogfighting and skill (Whether or not I have any remains to be seen. LOL). I love WW2 aircraft and I can see myself just getting absorbed. I can't wait.

Bearcat
07-03-2008, 10:14 PM

I agree... Not only that with a limited 8 player multiplayer... :)

heywooood
07-04-2008, 02:23 AM
nice to see that things are still moving well along over here...this is a spirited conversation.

I look forward to the console version - it looks fantastic.

Consoles with their streamlined dedication to gaming and lack of bulky, balky O/S's are perfect for fluid flight simulation - I cant wait to see this on a 60" 1080p HD screen...besides - soon enough some intrepid entrepreneur will realise that pedals and Tir and a decent J/S for the consoles is something to develope and market.

Thunderbolt56
07-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Well, if not the JS and associated controllers, then likely TIR. I'd expect them to be one of the first to port their product for acceptable PS3 use. It really just makes sense anyway because the lack of diverse genres for consoles (mostly first-person shooters reign), one of the basic reasons I don't like them are the klunky view-controls.

Anton Yudintsev
07-04-2008, 07:05 PM
Its the IL2 engine.

It is not. Please, do not confuse others.

VMF-214_HaVoK
07-04-2008, 10:08 PM

If your opinion is based on power then you should be aware that the raw power of todays consoles will exceed a high percentage of this communities PCs. And it would certainly crush any of those playing this sim in 2001. Fact is you can have a simulation on a console just as easy if not easier on a console. Will people buy it? I believe they will and I believe it could be one of the best things to happen to aviation sims in a long time.

S!

SlipBall
07-04-2008, 10:14 PM
I believe they will and I believe it could be one of the best things to happen to aviation sims in a long time.

S!

Yes I think a fair percentage will move on to pc and SOW

VMF-214_HaVoK
07-05-2008, 04:45 PM
It is not. Please, do not confuse others.

Dagor Engine 3.0 (next-gen edition).

Anton Yudintsev
07-05-2008, 05:55 PM
Dagor Engine 3.0 (next-gen edition).

Aha.
It is not Il-2 Engine. So BoP's quality doesn't tell anything about SoW either.

GF_Mastiff
07-09-2008, 06:18 AM
so is it like Blazen-angeles?

Anton Yudintsev
07-09-2008, 09:36 AM

Are you serious? BA is arcade game. Just as example, if you pull throttle down there, when flying to ground, you'll "fall" very slow.

VMF-214_HaVoK
07-11-2008, 11:55 PM

You obviously did not take the time to read Olegs or Luthiers response. You know what they say about assumptions dont you?

S!

GF_Mastiff
07-12-2008, 02:44 AM
You obviously did not take the time to read Olegs or Luthiers response. You know what they say about assumptions dont you?

S!

never was an assumption {as·sump·tion
Pronunciation: \ə-ˈsəm(p)-shən\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Late Latin assumption-, assumptio taking up, from Latin assumere
Date: 13th century
1 a: the taking up of a person into heaven bcapitalized : August 15 observed in commemoration of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary
2: a taking to or upon oneself <the assumption of a new position>
3: the act of laying claim to or taking possession of something <the assumption of power>
4: arrogance, pretension
5 a: an assuming that something is true b: a fact or statement (as a proposition, axiom, postulate, or notion) taken for granted
6: the taking over of another's debts, }

was a question big difference there.

[ques·tion
Pronunciation: \ˈkwes-chən, ˈkwesh-\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin quaestion-, quaestio, from quaerere to seek, ask
Date: 14th century
1 a (1): an interrogative expression often used to test knowledge (2): an interrogative sentence or clause b: a subject or aspect in dispute or open for discussion : issue; broadly : problem, matter c (1): a subject or point of debate or a proposition to be voted on in a meeting (2): the bringing of such to a vote d: the specific point at issue
2 a: an act or instance of asking : inquiry b: interrogation; also : a judicial or official investigation c: torture as part of an examination d (1): objection, dispute <true beyond question> (2): room for doubt or objection <little question of his skill> (3): chance, possibility <no question of escape>]

GabeFan
12-09-2008, 03:12 AM
Thanks to everyone involved for bringing this game to the worldwide console gamers!!!! "Birds of Prey" looks like everything I've been waiting for and much more!

I have a huge interest WW2 history, with WW2 aviation at the top of the list. I've been reading a lot of books about the Eastern Front recently, so having a Stalingrad level is very exciting.

I am SO excited to hear that the heart of "Birds of Prey" is a simulation game. I can not tell you how long I've been waiting for a game like this to be released. The level of realism looks fantastic. Keep up the great work!

THANK YOU...

g00db33r
12-19-2008, 10:05 PM
I've wondered for a long time why consoles don't have enough flying games. I've loved them since I played F22 interceptor on sega genesis as a kid. But now I'm more into flying games that focus on realism and there just aren't many out there. Really all I've played was ace combat (maybe 2??) on PS2 and although it had it's fun parts, the ridiculous amount of missiles and the fact that you kill a huge mega weapon from your jet was just too far from reality for me to truly enjoy it. Maybe there are current flight sims that I'm not aware of though.

Reading reviews of this game and watching the trailers though has seriously been making me drool over this game. Just the fact that it has an arcade mode for most console peeps and sim mode for the true flight sim people makes this game appealing and might just fulfill my wish of having more flight sims on consoles. The plane damage, the detail of battles, planes, and landscape, and the multiplayer will make this a hit I'm sure. I can't wait to play it in sim mode from inside the cockpit without any help from the computer!

Mortis Rigor
01-22-2009, 09:34 AM
Oh man, I can't wait to get my hands on this one!
I just didn't have time to tweak and upgrade my PC anymore, so I got me an Xbox360, which is exactly what all my friends are doing too.
Well the first thing I did was to check if it had any good air combat games. Now, I'm a huge fan of original IL-2 and FB, so you can imagine how happy I am to see this news.
I'm not expecting full engine management and the works, 'cause that never was something I really enjoyed in the past either. Just a good, "realistic" flight model and weather effects is good enough!

Thank you for bringing this game for consoles! I really can't wait!!!

Mortis Rigor

Desode
02-14-2009, 05:15 AM
I'm overjoyed to see this coming to consoles and I have been putting the world out about BOP like crazy. I'm also a huge Il2/WWII aircraft junky and when I heard that this was coming to console I almost shed a tear. What else can I say other then a BIG THANK YOU !
Desode