PDA

View Full Version : If you have any questions re: WotN, submit them here for the devs!

ironfelix
08-24-2012, 11:40 AM
hey everyone,

since Warriors of the North is about to be released within a short period of time, we want to give you a unique chance to ask the game devs/producers what you are eager to know about the game!
Post your questions/inquiries here and we'll put them into a F.A.Q. section @ the official website (http://www.kingsbountygame.com) and FB page (http://www.facebook.com/KBwarriorsofthenorth).

:cool:

Totoro
08-24-2012, 03:09 PM
What means short period of time?

axelle
08-24-2012, 04:49 PM
can you please work on the editor so that people can make custom campaigns? as of right now, i have seen like 1 custom campaign, whereas for games like heroes of might and magic 3, there are tens of thousands of custom maps/campaigns.

it doesn't have to be perfect at the time of release, but a future patch that makes the editor more user-friendly would be nice.

---a loyal fan of KB series from Canada!!!

axelle
08-24-2012, 05:04 PM
a list of questions that would get asked a lot:

1, Is King's Bounty: Warriors of the North stand alone?

2, What does the main menu look like?

3, How much does the game cost? Can you buy collector's edition of the game? devs' signatures, goodies etc.

4, Is there any current plan to release expansion packs like Crossworlds? If yes, ETA?

5, Is there any current plan to release a sequel (not an expansion pack)? If yes, ETA?

rickah88
08-24-2012, 05:04 PM
Will the game be made available on physical media, and sold through Amazon, etc ?

Totoro
08-25-2012, 05:52 AM
Will it be available through Steam?

Are the useless spells made useful?

jake21
08-27-2012, 02:03 PM
Well these are questions for the developer; not the publisher so i ahve a couple of specific questions for developers :)

1) Have there been many changes in the mechanics or graphic engine of the game ?

2) For a given release is most of the time spent on the game engine or on map design ?

3) How are maps designed internally ?

4) and most important are there more kb games in the work ?

versive
08-29-2012, 10:11 PM
Developers,

I love the KB series, keep up the great work! One improvement that I would like to see has to do with randomness. In prior games, I have found it frustrating to make it half way through a game only to figure out that an item that I really wanted to tinker with was unavailable. I would end up using the save game scanner and generating dozens of games just to ensure that the items I wanted to experiment with were present. Could you incorporate an option so that all items are present in a game?

Versive

Fatt_Shade
08-29-2012, 11:48 PM
@versive If you play cards do you get all you want, or just go with hand that is delt ? This game`s great feature is it`s randomness, and making player do with what is available. If you really want every item in game shift + tilda(~) and go nuts. Since there is no world championship in KB, or you get ban from some server for cheating it`s free to use. I got every game (tL , AP and CW) once clean no cheating, just to see how it goes but after that i went with cheat codes to try certain builds (expl : I wanted all range army so after i got Trigger and units wanted, I cheated archer crit% items for me. Since gold is almost never an issue here it didnt matter much, and in the end who cares ?).

J.B.
08-30-2012, 07:27 AM
Some questions from my side:

Will there be new objects on the battle (arena) maps?

Will there be new objects on the adventure map?

How many (special) abilities does each valkyrie have?

How can XP for your mount be gained (as said in the first trailer) and what effects do they have?

Regarding the possibility to forge items….how does that work? Does the player have to put pieces together, does he have to collect some kind of resource, is a special skill required or something totally different?

As far as I could see, Olaf has 8 slots for items….regarding the type of items that can be equipped, do they vary depending on the class the player chooses?

Can the player decide in which round of a battle his Viking units use their runes or is that limited to the first three rounds?

How many spells will be in the game and will we have the possiblity to find all from AP/CW in our spellbooks?

How many quests can we expect….a number close to the one from TL? More? Less?

How many new units can be found in the game?

Will there be item-/artifact-sets?

Is it possible to change the main Valkyrie (and to have the chance to complete the special quest for all Valkyries) or is that an irreversible single decision?

Which parts of the world of TL will we see in WOTN?

Will Olaf meet NPCs known from TL?

Greets

J.B.

MattCaspermeyer
08-30-2012, 07:54 AM
First, thanks for the opportunity to allow us to ask questions! :grin:

Most of my questions are mod-based:

1. Is it going to be possible to mod mana cost for spells? I've wanted to add skills / items / etc. to lower mana cost of spells, but unfortunately, it is hard-coded in the game to use what is in SPELLS.TXT. I can override the display, but it always selects the value from SPELLS.TXT regardless of what I do with the display text.
2. This is similar to the above, but is it possible to mod spell crystal cost to learn them? Once again, the game seems hard-coded to use what's in SPELLS.TXT less what you get for the Alchemy skill (i.e. a call to Obj.spell_crystals returns the crystal cost less the Alchemy skill and so it is handled internally). I'd like to have items, etc. that can reduce crystal cost of learning either a spell, group of spells, or even a spell school.
3. Is it possible to select spell levels for enemy heroes? Right now, you select the spells and the spell level is automatically determined. I had to override the default enemy hero spell level (in my H3B mod for TL). The only problem, is that it still used the mana cost of the original spell level I was overriding.
4. What changes to the modding system (if any) have been implemented for this release?
5. Even though the Lizardmen units are not included in this release, are they still included in the game files (say if someone wanted to mod them into the game in the future)? The same goes for the Orc units that aren't included in the game (the website only lists the original Orc units from TL and not the additional CW Orc units).
6. Are there any notable gameplay changes with respect to difficulty level?
7. Can enemy heroes regain mana? Can they multicast?
8. Are there any new game options or the possibility of randomly generated game maps (i.e. maybe a specially randomly generated dungeon or isle)?
9. Since the LUA library has been taken down are there going to be new library functions (i.e. was it taken down to update the information)? There really is the need for an "act_attach_modificator_dam" library function that allows modification of a unit's damage without having to resort to using the spell system (which makes it subject to being dispelled).
10. Are they going to implement the "mods{}" section in skills? It would be so much easier to have a "mods()" section in a skill (just like in items) so that I can implement bonuses that aren't currently possible with the current system. As it stands right now, you can only use integers to update counters and limits, but you cannot use integer percents (i.e. like 10% that you can under the mods field). As an aside, skills use the fight{} bonus system the same as items so why not mods{}?
11. Are you still using LUA 5.0? Or have you upgraded to a newer version?
12. Is there going to be an update to the documentation of the editor to more clearly describe certain sections that are overlooked? For example, under Items | Events the "New item in rucksack" is not described anywhere in the documentation.
13. Are there going to be certain elements of the editor that I can run standalone? For example, it would be nice to be able to work on dialogues or items without the full-blown editor.

Okay, I guess that's all I can think about right now - most are modding questions, but it would be nice to have a developer answer some of those, too!

/C\/C\

versive
08-30-2012, 12:16 PM
@Fatt Shade My request for an option is not intended to diminish your experience. My time is at a premium and I would prefer to not have to hunt for cheat codes, item names, or use a scanner in order to fully enjoy a game. Ironfelix provided a venue for communication with the devs and this is my feedback. Your mileage may vary.

Rubaniboi
08-31-2012, 11:25 AM
How many bosses will there be? and how many NEW bosses will there be? ;)

rickah88
09-21-2012, 12:05 AM
Will the game be made available on physical media, and sold through Amazon, etc ?

Never got an answer on this, I see now the site says an October release...shouldn't we be seeing preorders on Amazon, Best Buy, etc?

Sneaksie
09-21-2012, 08:11 AM
There will be retail versions and it will be available on Amazon, but the game is a Steamworks title, it will require Steam to run.

saroumana
09-21-2012, 06:09 PM
October is still the goal ? We should have a date at this time.

rickah88
09-21-2012, 06:26 PM
There will be retail versions and it will be available on Amazon, but the game is a Steamworks title, it will require Steam to run.

Just so I understand correctly, if I buy a physical copy of WotN on Amazon...I can't play the game unless I have a Steam account? You mean there is no standalone playability like all the previous games? I hope that's not the case.

hippo
09-29-2012, 11:16 AM
Is it true that release date is 19 October?

turnbuckle
10-13-2012, 03:24 PM
Any update on the release of this game? Not seeing it on Steam.

Pip-Boy
10-14-2012, 05:08 AM
It would be nice to get a confirmation about realease date, cause the russian site says it's 10-26-2012, but Amazon germany says it's 11-16-2012, though that could mean that it will be available in that language that day, and maybe english and russian version comes out before.

Mygaffer
10-15-2012, 05:52 AM
Just so I understand correctly, if I buy a physical copy of WotN on Amazon...I can't play the game unless I have a Steam account? You mean there is no standalone playability like all the previous games? I hope that's not the case.

That is what it means when a game uses Steamworks. Now I love Steam but I know some people don't.

What I would recommend is that you buy the game, might as well buy it through Steam as the publisher/developer gets a better cut, then create your free Steam account and after you download the title put Steam into offline mode.

Then make sure Steam does not startup with Windows, then put it in "offline mode".

Now you never have to go online or connect to Steam to play the game. It may not be the perfect solution for someone who really hates Steam but it is as good as you can get. Once you install the game and then go into offline mode you never have to connect to Steam again unless you reinstall for some reason.

Rah
10-15-2012, 12:24 PM
second that,
I have played KB and other games on Steam in the same way. You dont need an internet connection after you first log into your Steam account. And KB Princess was extremly safe, once I went two weeks without shutting the game off on my laptop, just used alt+tab and it never crashed. I am far away of making a commercial to Steam, but I really like it.

rickah88
10-15-2012, 09:56 PM
That is what it means when a game uses Steamworks. Now I love Steam but I know some people don't.

What I would recommend is that you buy the game, might as well buy it through Steam as the publisher/developer gets a better cut, then create your free Steam account and after you download the title put Steam into offline mode.

Then make sure Steam does not startup with Windows, then put it in "offline mode".

Now you never have to go online or connect to Steam to play the game. It may not be the perfect solution for someone who really hates Steam but it is as good as you can get. Once you install the game and then go into offline mode you never have to connect to Steam again unless you reinstall for some reason.

second that,
I have played KB and other games on Steam in the same way. You dont need an internet connection after you first log into your Steam account. And KB Princess was extremly safe, once I went two weeks without shutting the game off on my laptop, just used alt+tab and it never crashed. I am far away of making a commercial to Steam, but I really like it.

Thanks for the workarounds. I guess my point was, why make it so you have to involve Steam at all? Oh yeah...money. :rolleyes:
If you sell x amount of units to Amazon, isn't 1C making money that way?
Call me old school, but I like to: buy my games as a phycial copy, with disc and artwork(and whatever other goodies might be included), install the game on my PC, and play it. If I wanted online I'd go play WoW.

indio68
10-16-2012, 12:49 PM
Hi,
-why the hell you don't translate at least the subtitles in Italia?? i mena u sold well in my country i think...so why no subtitles again?
on Steam there is no reason to not do a multi 6 title!!
so came on!!
- why this game isn't developed by the original devs..kataury ?
- i hope will be no additional DRM upon Steam VAC
- When the time for DD version of gmae come Cheaper than physical version?? i mena your cosats are not big with a DD version, so why the hell we must pay the same amout of euros for DD version?

MattCaspermeyer
10-28-2012, 05:46 PM
I'm not sure when our questions are going to be answered, so I answered a couple of my questions...

5. Even though the Lizardmen units are not included in this release, are they still included in the game files (say if someone wanted to mod them into the game in the future)? The same goes for the Orc units that aren't included in the game (the website only lists the original Orc units from TL and not the additional CW Orc units).

As far as I can tell, all the content appears to be there - I see the ATOMS and BMA's.

10. Are they going to implement the "mods{}" section in skills? It would be so much easier to have a "mods()" section in a skill (just like in items) so that I can implement bonuses that aren't currently possible with the current system. As it stands right now, you can only use integers to update counters and limits, but you cannot use integer percents (i.e. like 10% that you can under the mods field). As an aside, skills use the fight{} bonus system the same as items so why not mods{}?

There is no mod() section in the skills section, but i like their solution: Add a hidden item when you get that skill and then use that item's mod() section to add the % bonuses that you want for the skill. You can then delete the hidden item and then add the next level of it when you go to the higher skill levels.

11. Are you still using LUA 5.0? Or have you upgraded to a newer version?

As far as I can tell, it is still LUA 5.0.

/C\/C\

Fatt_Shade
10-29-2012, 10:03 PM
As tread name states post questions.
1) is intellect bonus to duration of spells working in this game ? Or is it just useless string of text in int eng_hero.lua ?
E v e r y 2 0 p o i n t s i n c r e a s e t h e d u r a t i o n o f c e r t a i n s p e l l s b y o n e r o u n d

2) what does hero titule DO ? Is it like in The Legend when after finishing some main quest you gain titule +lds, and access to units in some castle ? Because i see 37 different titules here.

3) Valkyre bonuses seems a bit off since they take each 1 item slot and give only 25% of bonus if not main, and only 1 rage skill. Lvling them up still seems like simple buying exp with junk items we dont use. We want Rage chest back :-)

4) eng_pet.lng i see every rage skill have 10+ lvls , and each Valk can get to 5th lvl max. Does it mean each Valk bonus is max on 5th lvl, or that her rage skill is max 5 lvl ? That would be very limiting :-(

5) Medals (medals.txt is still complete mess, grand strategist 1lvl separated form 2/3lvls, and fat cat also separated 1 from 2/3). Why only 3 lvl? And individual :
- Iron warrior (should be iron viking since no more warrior class) why is there still ghost blade spell in it`s requirements ? I have never cast that spell in warrior playthroughs and i played this game allot. Why not some warrior/viking useful spell like precision/fire breath/haste . . . Or like in Guardian angel add some unit active ability that would be useful for viking class ? Second wind/holy rage etc...
- Dragon slayer is this 5/10/20% bonus on unit basic attack ? If yes , then it weak.
- Holy knight (holy skald) all that spell spamming to get to get +3stats for only 3 units (2 total crap even on first island, and Yarl only medium useful during later game). Miss on this medal :-(
- Stupid slayer kill stack of any orc unit +intellect OK, Undead slayer kill stack of any undead unit +defense OK, Vampire slayer kill 5000 of vampires +attack WTF. Skald and Sooth have whole race to pick to improve their medal, Viking only 2 units vampire/ancient vampire. This seems a bit unfair.
- Talented warrior in eng_reward.lng says it gives bonus exp to hero, and in medal.txt it sp_addexp_spirit= so is it bonus to hero or rage skills ?
- True Einherian for 3rd lvl only 45 rage skills needed, seems possible in couple of battles.
- Mental executor is this like meditation skill, or ?

6) What are achievements for ? Do they give any particular bonus or just look pretty ?
- Enemy of all life/Mental madman does this to count same ? 1000000 total dmg and 500000 spell dmg. Or first need to be done by units, and second with only spells ?
- Munchkin 75 items in inventory, or collected overall in game, i mean odes items given to Valkyries count
- Heartless specific i saw nice exploit : get Valkyrie that bring back random stack 1-3 lvl after battle and stock up with thorns and red/black dragon after almost defeating enemy set thorns somewhere and kill them with your own dragons, doing this mid game with 3000+ thorns will be achieved in 1 battle (even less with Reserve skill). Just my thought.
- Does butcher count using units from your reserve ? Or you can stock up reserve slots and stat 25 win row.
- Mental madman and Mage commander contradict each other, for first you need 500K dmg from spells and for other win 50 battles without spell book.
- Big gun. What is max lvl by the way?
- Erik winner how few is fewest ? 50% of your lds, or you need to defeat him with 1 slinger.
- Trouble seeker and Heartless are toward same goal. As i said above only my idea for thorns will bring 80000 dmg at least in 3 battles. So 500k dmg received is no prob.

7) Skills
- Does Onslaught work properly distributing adrenaline to orcs in first round (it was bugged in CW)
- Rage ready same as for onslaught ?
- Stedfast Norse is this +magic resistance% (priest attac, lightning spell rest of pure magic dmg) or reduce dmg from all spell dmg (fire ball, poison skull etc)
- Berserker and Absolute rage mean your have 15% your units will do 350% their dmg on hits (if i get it right 15% for x2 dmg to units and crit will make 75% more dmg on hit=125% more dmg on crit = 350% dmg on crit if berserk trigers) ? A bit much.
- Runic power well hello Higher magic warrior edition :-)
- Weakness skill give 5% crit on both 1 and 2 lvl in skills.txt. And on 1st lvl 3% to evade hit, then -5% on 2nd lvl, and again +7% on 3rdlvl Which is wrong ? To have + or - in second param
- Jarl skill Jotun missing for +1 moral. I know it`s listed as neutral unit, but why does he can use runes in battle if not viking race ???
- Tolerance rune cost i think is wrong 12 1lvl, 16 2lvl, then 12 for 3lvl
- Favorite of Gods, is this like partial Counterstrike from CW ? 30% to return 10% of inflicted dmg.
- Resurrection what is second param for ? 0%
- Inspiration why lizardmen +1 moral when they arent in game files ???
- Meditation does improving skills in magic mean any skill in magic tree ?
- Accuracy What is 3rd param for ?
- Destroyer does spell crit% work ? Because i read on forum that rage skill crit% doesnt work for Icy rage.

torquemada
11-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Dear devs hows the patch going? Are you working on one at all?

krasik
11-13-2012, 11:09 AM
Hi all,

Could anynone tell me in which order are the islands accessible?

I went through:

Nordlig
Vestlig
Fastland
Istering
Greenwort
Arlania
Verlon Vasteland

Now I have access only to Demonis
Is this correct? Will I have access to other on map revealed islands (Merlassar, Marshan Swamp, Freedom Islands) after going through quest in Demonis or did I miss something and I should have access to them already?

Thank you for your answer.

Yossik

krasik
11-13-2012, 12:20 PM
I've just opened the portal to Demonis. I can't access Freedom Islands nor the Merlassar. Should I carry on with the game. Are those islands gonna be accessible after going through Demonis?

Edit:
Mystery Solved. You can travel across islands only from Greenwort otherwise the helm (steering wheel) is not visible ...very confusing :(

rickah88
11-14-2012, 01:46 PM
When will a physical copy be released in the US?

westyofoz
11-18-2012, 10:54 AM
What's wrong with you devs?
How can you guys sell this c*ap?
It is good game, but seriously too many bugs.
Just like HOMM6.
When I pay about 30 bucks, I want something worth 30 bucks.
Next time, please finish the work before sell.

Same with me. I am done with it, I expect possible hardware issues but quests that don't work, bugged units, etc Not good enough. Did anyone test the damn game????

Sorry I pre-ordered, won't get caught again.

trucane
11-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Same with me. I am done with it, I expect possible hardware issues but quests that don't work, bugged units, etc Not good enough. Did anyone test the damn game????

Sorry I pre-ordered, won't get caught again.

Well they kinda spat in their loyal customers face with this one. I have bought all previous kings bounty games and enjoyed them and at most there was one or two broken quests and a single item not being accessible but in this game it's almost impossible to play for 30 minutes without a bug, misplaced objects or even enemies, crashes or some awfully written text from someone who clearly don't know his english very good...

Totoro
11-18-2012, 12:02 PM
Keep in mind that the more you mock the game, the more likely there won't be a new KB game.

Fatt_Shade
11-18-2012, 12:54 PM
@Totoro
Stating facts about current WotN, and mess it`s in is not mocking.
Did game got released with bunch of errors and bugs? Yes.
Is there lots of mistranslated and broken quests? Yes.
Are there achievements and rewards just activating itself without previously doing whet it says is needed to get them? Yes.
This game in state was released cant be called NEW. it`s expansion to the Legend at most. My proof for it :
- how many locations are simply copy/paste from first game of series?
- there are still files in game like slime.atom , therock.atom and similar from rage spirits from the Legend. Devs simply took that game and add new things(viking theme) , and some from Armored princess and call it a new game.
- there is still nonfunctional skills and spells from previous game. Onslaught bonus adrenaline to orcs , divine armor not giving astral res to units , guardian medal missing astral/cold res in first game version. This things stay same as in first release of AP.
- spider boss. enough said. we kill it in theLegend, in Armored and in Crossworlds. how many times this thing must die before they get some new idea on boss fight???
- some enemy hero set so cast armagedon after you defeat him. wtf is all that about? this is from tL, when if your units was poisoned, and was it`s turn after you defeat enemy, poison effect will tick 1 more time before end battle screen killing your units for no reason at all.
- graphic same for last 5 years, not a single change from tL.

This were just some of reasons i see this as expansion, tL 1,75 because it`s more then tL and got some things form AP also, but NOT a new game.

Totoro
11-18-2012, 01:05 PM
@Fatt_Shade

Well, afaik they never claimed it would be King's Bounty 2.

Also I think you can agree with me that many comments here are expressions of frustration, including mocking, instead of just stating facts.

Bhruic
11-18-2012, 01:16 PM
I haven't seen much mocking, I've seen people expressing their distaste for the state in which the game was released. I don't expect a bug-free game, but I do expect it to have been QA tested and most of the glaring bugs fixed. There were so many hard-crash issues, uncompletable quests, etc, that it's hard to believe that there was much QA done at all.

As for there being another KB, that's going to be an economic issue, not a matter for what people said on a forum.

tiberiu
11-18-2012, 01:42 PM
@Fatt_Shade

Also I think you can agree with me that many comments here are expressions of frustration, including mocking, instead of just stating facts.

I definetly agree with that. Some people just love to gang up and bash what they don't like with very harsh words.

Constructive criticism is usefull but angry mocking is not.

My question to the devs is why they haven't yet balanced the game properly.Many units are just way, way imbalanced. Some spells too. I can offer details but have offered them in the past and nobody cared.

Fatt_Shade
11-18-2012, 02:21 PM
Every advertisement about WotN was that it is NEW game in series, and not expansion for previous releases. As far i can tell this is like red sands addon for Ap/Cw but theLegend edition - new islands like in red sands, some new units like red sands , couple new medals and spells. Nothing crucial in difference like theLegend / Armored princess , those 2 games deserved to be called first and second considering improvements and new contents in AP. CW was expansion for AP and later Red sands mod/addon for it, like WotN is for the Legend. And i never said WotN is KB2. KB-tL was first in series, KB-Ap was new game , KB-WotN sohuld be new game, but simply isnt in state it got released and with bunch of junk and bugs from previous games.
If there was some problem in tL/Ap/Cw, and files with those same problems got transferred to this game then that is proof enough this game wasnt tested, or checked for functionality before shipping to market.

This tread was opened for posting questions for devs expecting reply of some sort. So far 3 months isnce opening tread not a single repay to players questions. So mocking isn`t OK, but complete ignoring players questions from devs is.

And check posts #7 , #11 , #26 there are some specific questions about game, not just junk posting or mocking in any way. Still devs didnt see it worth to answer to any of this questions.
In bugfixes tread there are bunch of things that are implamented in new patch, so if devs just w8 for players to post solutions and put them in patches, and not responding to players questions and problems, and didnt test game before release then wtf are they doing ?
Team of professional programers (i hope they are) that release shoddy product as this deserve ridicule and mocking from community of customers they ignore.

Totoro
11-18-2012, 02:25 PM
Well, I believe that definition of expansion in video games is that you need the base game to play it.

You can play WotN without owning any of previous titles in the series so I guess that makes it a new game.

Also, they are not completely ignoring us. They have already released two bug fix patches and I'm sure there will be more.

And they are also a low-budget team so it's possible they don't have resources for two-way communicating with players.

Fatt_Shade
11-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Also, they are not completely ignoring us. They have already released two bug fix patches and I'm sure there will be more.
Yes bugfixes based on fixes players posted on forum, and after being pointed out by those same players.
If you buy new car and with it come little book with suggestions how to fix problems that will happen, will you say that is good product ? And when you run into problems, you go to shop and there is no one to help you. Same thing here. You give your money for something and then realize it`s not working, crash/block and cause lots of problems. Do you suggest merchant that sold you that product should be praised if you fix your problems by communicating with other customers?

And they are also a low-budget team so it's possible they don't have resources for two-way communicating with players.
This is open forum, and it doesnt take lots of resources to communicate with each other. You can claim they dont have internet connection available, to read/reply to our posts. And who said they are low budget team ???
1c is leading software publisher for Russia and eastern Europe, i`m sure they could afford 2-3 test players to try tihs bug infested game before activating it on steam for purchase.

Totoro
11-18-2012, 02:55 PM
Yes bugfixes based on fixes players posted on forum, and after being pointed out by those same players.Doesn't that prove they are reading our posts?

If you buy new car and with it come little book with suggestions how to fix problems that will happen, will you say that is good product ? And when you run into problems, you go to shop and there is no one to help you. Same thing here. You give your money for something and then realize it`s not working, crash/block and cause lots of problems. Do you suggest merchant that sold you that product should be praised if you fix your problems by communicating with other customers?You could ask for a refund because the product is not what they promised.
Usually if you buy a car and it's not functioning like promised, you get a refund.

Personally I don't mind waiting for bug fixes.

This is open forum, and it doesnt take lots of resources to communicate with each other. You can claim they dont have internet connection available, to read/reply to our posts.They would have to hire a specific person to communicate with players.

And who said they are low budget team ???
1c is leading software publisher for Russia and eastern Europe, i`m sure they could afford 2-3 test players to try tihs bug infested game before activating it on steam for purchase.1C company is also a publisher of many other games than KB like IL-2 Sturmovik which has a lot larger playerbase than KB.

And you can usually tell a game's budget just by looking at its graphics.

Fatt_Shade
11-18-2012, 03:29 PM
Doesn't that prove they are reading our posts?
Yes they are reading posts, but it`s not players job to fix things. If i spend some gold to buy game, i expect it to work at least. Not spend my income, and then spend time to make that same product work.

You could ask for a refund because the product is not what they promised.
Usually if you buy a car and it's not functioning like promised, you get a refund.
I dont want refund i want functional product (as 995 of players).

They would have to hire a specific person to communicate with players.
You`re kidding right ? Programing studio, hiring person for their PR with player base on forum ???

1C company is also a publisher of many other games than KB like IL-2 Sturmovik which has a lot larger playerbase than KB.
And you can usually tell a game's budget just by looking at its graphics.
I know they develop other games , but does any of those have so much problems working as this?
And my claim was on testing game before releasing it, not specific on budget for graphic improvements. 2 days after release there was list at least 100 bugs in game from players. Yo cant tell me this couldnt be avoided, with simple beta test.

Totoro
11-18-2012, 03:42 PM
@Fatt_Shade

You don't need to spend your time to fix bugs. Just do other things and they get fixed in the meantime.

They could have spend more effort on bugs before releasing the game but then the release would have been postponed.

I don't think there is much difference whether you buy the game few months earlier and wait few months for bugs to get fixed or whether you buy the game few months later and get a bugfree game.
Actually, I think the option to release a game with bugs is better because then players who don't care about them, can play anyway and those who care, can wait for them to get fixed.

It's also possible that they were aware that the game has many bugs but decided to release it anyway because players kept asking about the release.

You`re kidding right ? Programing studio, hiring person for their PR with player base on forum ???Well, imagine you would be a developer. You get paid for developing the game, not keeping contact with players. Would you bother to visit forums to calm down players?

Fatt_Shade
11-18-2012, 04:16 PM
@Totoro
You don't need to spend your time to fix bugs. Just do other things and they get fixed in the meantime.
Well if players didnt fix things in bugstread, i`m positively sure it wouldnt be done at all (or at least much later) considering devs interaction with players so far.

Actually, I think the option to release a game with bugs is better because then players who don't care about them, can play anyway and those who care, can wait for them to get fixed.
How can you state this? There is many posts about crashes on ice dragon bug, or in fight with Eric, or Loki later in game, and those are some battles/quests needed to continue in game, and if they are bugged and crash your game every time you kil ice drago,no or attack Loki how are you supposed to play game ignoring bugs if there is no way to continue due to that bug ?

Well, imagine you would be a developer. You get paid for developing the game, not keeping contact with players. Would you bother to visit forums to calm down players?
Well if they get paid for this kind of job then at least do it right. If not then check on player base response and see what you f...ed up in delevoping said game. And they did f..k up big time with this release.

Totoro
11-18-2012, 04:30 PM
Well if players didnt fix things in bugstread, i`m positively sure it wouldnt be done at all (or at least much later) considering devs interaction with players so far.I disagree, just players reporting bugs is enough I think.

How can you state this? There is many posts about crashes on ice dragon bug, or in fight with Eric, or Loki later in game, and those are some battles/quests needed to continue in game, and if they are bugged and crash your game every time you kil ice drago,no or attack Loki how are you supposed to play game ignoring bugs if there is no way to continue due to that bug ?It's a problem indeed if you can't continue. However, some people have completed the game regardless of bugs.

Well if they get paid for this kind of job then at least do it right. If not then check on player base response and see what you f...ed up in delevoping said game. And they did f..k up big time with this release.There has never been a game which wouldn't have bugs no matter how good the devs are. They just get fixed before the game is released which is not the case in this game.
They could have fixed them before release. But then the release would have been postponed and I think the bugs get fixed faster this way because players are actively reporting them.

trucane
11-18-2012, 04:44 PM
@Fatt_Shade

What? Are you stupid or something? You can just start counting and you will have your facts. Does this game have worse english than the earlier games? Yes and that's a fact. Does it have more bugs? Yes just check the complaints or even better try playing it after having played the earlier games.

No one is mocking the game but it's a no brainer that this game was rushed and quite possibly developed by a less experienced team

Totoro
11-18-2012, 05:00 PM
No one is mocking the game but it's a no brainer that this game was rushed and quite possibly developed by a less experienced teamTo me calling a game crap, is mocking. Then again, I don't know what kind of culture you live in.

westyofoz
11-19-2012, 06:39 AM
To me calling a game crap, is mocking. Then again, I don't know what kind of culture you live in.

We are calling the state of the game crap, not the game. The game itself is great, great story, great game play like the other King's Bounty versions, love the new units and the Valkeries. The King's Bounty series is one of my favourite four series.

However, I hate the state of the game. It was released in a crap state. This thread isn't for reporting bugs (I did that elsewhere), this thread is for telling the developers what you think and I did. I am peeved off at the blatant unfinished product.

I am sick of crashes and having to replay bits I have already done. I am annoyed of having to continual save the game every few minutes because it crashes. I made it through the game a couple of times but I have also started a few games that I have had to abandon half way through because of various bugs, eg Loki. I had to manually fix the Icedragon bug, because the game was unplayable. If you buy a game you should not have to fix it yourself!!!!!

And I could go on. If you think this is acceptable than go ahead and enjoy your bug filled game. Some of us actually expect a game to be in a good state when sold to the public. I understand their will be some hardware bugs, that can't be helped. Broken quests, crashing animations, poor coding, etc, is just not good enough. I am not happy about it. I have better things to do with my time then stuff around on broken games. I am going back to play a game that does work and continue to be disappointed that 1C has let me down. :evil:

Fatt_Shade
11-19-2012, 10:42 AM
@Totoro
They could have spend more effort on bugs before releasing the game but then the release would have been postponed.
It's also possible that they were aware that the game has many bugs but decided to release it anyway because players kept asking about the release.
I`ll just say why i cant accept game being released like this form my point of view : First was announced to spring 2012 and postponed for 10 months, and we guessed it will be in great shape in the end. And then when game come out we got this bug infested thing.
My personal affront was this, i`m engineer and if i made mistake at work there could be big problems for thousands of customers losing electric power, or something similar. And after something like that, i`m sure those customers would claim me responsible. Even more i`m sure they wouldn`t be one fixing those problems.
Then I look this release and 1C as professional programing studio, and question how the hell they could do something crappy like this.

As westofoz said here I had to manually fix the Icedragon bug, because the game was unplayable. If you buy a game you should not have to fix it yourself!!!!!
can you name me one game that have players base fixing it since day of release so it`s playable. I for sure cant think of any title like that.

Totoro
11-19-2012, 02:42 PM
@Totoro

I`ll just say why i cant accept game being released like this form my point of view : First was announced to spring 2012 and postponed for 10 months, and we guessed it will be in great shape in the end. And then when game come out we got this bug infested thing.
My personal affront was this, i`m engineer and if i made mistake at work there could be big problems for thousands of customers losing electric power, or something similar. And after something like that, i`m sure those customers would claim me responsible. Even more i`m sure they wouldn`t be one fixing those problems.
Then I look this release and 1C as professional programing studio, and question how the hell they could do something crappy like this.

As westofoz said here
can you name me one game that have players base fixing it since day of release so it`s playable. I for sure cant think of any title like that.Players don't have to fix anything. They just seem to want to.

And of course devs are responsible for bugs. I also expect they fix them but I don't mind if they release unfinished product if they fix my product eventually.

Mandea
11-20-2012, 06:28 AM
Maybe you don't pay for them. it's the only reason I can accept "but I don't mind if they release unfinished product if they fix my product eventually". Eventually may mean years. It's one thing to have a 0-day patch and another to have huge bugs one month later which is the case at hand.

westyofoz
11-20-2012, 08:26 AM
Players don't have to fix anything. They just seem to want to.

And of course devs are responsible for bugs. I also expect they fix them but I don't mind if they release unfinished product if they fix my product eventually.

Well I suppose I didn't need to fix the bug myself. I could have just sat and stared at the product I bought in the hope it will work one day. I should not have to do either. Again if you are happy with bugs kudos to you.

I am playing another game in the meantime and will check back here on occasion to see if things are fixed. I just won't pre-order any more 1c games until until I can see they are releasing a better product.

J.B.
11-20-2012, 09:00 AM
Players don't have to fix anything. They just seem to want to.

Hi there,

if you are looking for a car, I've a new one to sell! It only has one front light and no clutch, no airbags, no front window,...but you can drive! And if you buy it, I'll fix the rest later.....eventually! ;)

Ok, to be serious:

A computer game is nothing important for ones life, but can you give me an example for anther product, important or not, you would buy unfinished? A car, a flat, music (guitars 'n' bass will be released on an extra album later on), a meal in a restaurant (the potatoes will be served tomorrow...eventually), a DVD-Player, any insurance, a book (oh, the missing paragraphs and chapters will be published in a while) or furniture?

No other business with this release-strategy comes to my mind, but maybe you have an idea, because I did not get why you accept it in this case!?

I'm just curious! :)

Greetz

J.B.

Totoro
11-20-2012, 02:31 PM
Well I suppose I didn't need to fix the bug myself. I could have just sat and stared at the product I bought in the hope it will work one day. I should not have to do either. Again if you are happy with bugs kudos to you.You can always ask for refund because the game is too buggy.

I am playing another game in the meantime and will check back here on occasion to see if things are fixed. That's what I do and I have no problem with it.

Hi there,

if you are looking for a car, I've a new one to sell! It only has one front light and no clutch, no airbags, no front window,...but you can drive! And if you buy it, I'll fix the rest later.....eventually! ;)

Ok, to be serious:

A computer game is nothing important for ones life, but can you give me an example for anther product, important or not, you would buy unfinished? A car, a flat, music (guitars 'n' bass will be released on an extra album later on), a meal in a restaurant (the potatoes will be served tomorrow...eventually), a DVD-Player, any insurance, a book (oh, the missing paragraphs and chapters will be published in a while) or furniture?

No other business with this release-strategy comes to my mind, but maybe you have an idea, because I did not get why you accept it in this case!?

I'm just curious! :)

Greetz

J.B.On basic rule, I pay more attention to a product's quality depending on how important it is to me and how much it costs. In this case, not so much.
I'm just repeating myself but it doesn't frustrate me at all whether they release an unfinished game few months earlier and fix it in few months instead of releasing a finished game few months later.
I don't see why it should frustrate or bother you either. You still don't get to play it any sooner and you still pay the same price.

westyofoz
11-22-2012, 07:59 AM
You can always ask for refund because the game is too buggy.

That's what I do and I have no problem with it.

On basic rule, I pay more attention to a product's quality depending on how important it is to me and how much it costs. In this case, not so much.
I'm just repeating myself but it doesn't frustrate me at all whether they release an unfinished game few months earlier and fix it in few months instead of releasing a finished game few months later.
I don't see why it should frustrate or bother you either. You still don't get to play it any sooner and you still pay the same price.

Since you think it so acceptable, how about you give me a refund and you can chase 1C for one.

Totoro
11-22-2012, 04:05 PM
Since you think it so acceptable, how about you give me a refund and you can chase 1C for one.How can I give you a refund? You never gave me any money. And why would I ask 1C company for a refund?

ramezgamal
11-30-2012, 10:41 AM
hey everyone,

since Warriors of the North is about to be released within a short period of time, we want to give you a unique chance to ask the game devs/producers what you are eager to know about the game!
Post your questions/inquiries here and we'll put them into a F.A.Q. section @ the official website (http://www.kingsbountygame.com) and FB page (http://www.facebook.com/KBwarriorsofthenorth).

:cool:

I have a problem that makes me cannot play it for weeks the game automaticaly closes without any errors during the battle and lately it showed me a application error in KBWotn.exe so that i can't play.. iwill be very happy to get help thanks ^^

dunmer
12-02-2012, 06:25 PM
Hello guys, please help me!
i don't know if this is a bug or not, but makes me mad.
This is the situation: I'm a mage and i don't have hypnosis spell...the only spell what a mage needs badly....even at lvl 50 i don't find a damn HYPNOSIS scroll anywhere!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I'm begging please, if U know how can i get one,even if i must cheat for it.. I'm lvl 50, i need that spell.....

Thanks a lot and hope this isn't a bug.

Fatt_Shade
12-02-2012, 09:21 PM
@dunmer
Press shift key and tilda(~) in game , little chat like window will open.
In it type magicbook. You`ll get every spell in game and i think 5 scrolls of every spell in game.
That is best i can think off , because there is no cheat code for specific spell. Gl.

Rork
12-03-2012, 09:22 AM
What are - if any - the console input codes for the Clay Pot and Old Shoes items? I'm not sure about the names, those are the helmet and boots needed for extra quests? Easter Eggs? or whatever. I found them but destroyed them for magic crystals much earlier in the game.
Also is there any way to advance/complete/restart quests via console and/or file editing? Or can enemy heroes be respawned?

Nirual
12-03-2012, 10:41 AM
Hello guys, please help me!
i don't know if this is a bug or not, but makes me mad.
This is the situation: I'm a mage and i don't have hypnosis spell...the only spell what a mage needs badly....even at lvl 50 i don't find a damn HYPNOSIS scroll anywhere!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I'm begging please, if U know how can i get one,even if i must cheat for it.. I'm lvl 50, i need that spell.....

Thanks a lot and hope this isn't a bug.

there is a fairly common artifact that lets you fight keepers for hypnosis scrolls... four times, and its not that hard of a fight.

Fatt_Shade
12-03-2012, 06:50 PM
@Rork
game folder/sessions/addon/ses.kfs open that archive with winzip/winrar and find in it items.txt. Open with notepad or similar prog and in there are all items in game.
As you asked Clay pot = clay_plate , Old shoes = old_boots
Gl :-)

Rork
12-04-2012, 07:16 AM
@Rork
game folder/sessions/addon/ses.kfs open that archive with winzip/winrar and find in it items.txt. Open with notepad or similar prog and in there are all items in game.
As you asked Clay pot = clay_plate , Old shoes = old_boots
Gl :-)

Thank you very much, problem solved :).
I do wonder who first find out about this Mysterious Parcel? Never in a thousand years would it cross my mind to wear those boots and go from door to door all over the KB world and see what happens :lol:.
I take it there's no solution for the quests though.

Nirual
12-04-2012, 10:30 AM
Thank you very much, problem solved :).
I do wonder who first find out about this Mysterious Parcel? Never in a thousand years would it cross my mind to wear those boots and go from door to door all over the KB world and see what happens :lol:.
I take it there's no solution for the quests though.

If the quest is about items (like the ornaments) and the problem is with the items, you can use the console. If its about defeating enemies and it doesnt count the enemies right... you're screwed.

jake21
12-04-2012, 04:14 PM
My question is when will the dev answer question !

Fatt_Shade
12-04-2012, 07:55 PM
@jake21
If their attention so far is any indicator, we`ll get answers on our questions 3 days AFTER apocalypse and not a moment sooner.
Just check Nike-it profile (he`s admin for Kings Bounty part of forum, so i think he must have some connection to dev team) , and see that his last post here was more then 1 whole month ago. There is all attention we get from dev team, for all players effort and fixing their sh.t of released game.

Rork
12-07-2012, 01:38 PM
If the quest is about items (like the ornaments) and the problem is with the items, you can use the console. If its about defeating enemies and it doesnt count the enemies right... you're screwed.

I'm screwed, but I've finished the damn thing and at least I don't have to put up with patches that introduce more bugs while fixing anything but your current game.
I seriously doubt they will fix everything or that we'll ever see a physical complete copy. Tha game is right now a too huge mess imho. I'm hoping against hope I'll be proven wrong.

ckdamascus
12-07-2012, 03:02 PM
Build 6250 is fairly stable. I still crash to desktop a bit, but it has fixed a fair amount of the issues we all had and integrated some of the user patches.

ivra
12-07-2012, 03:32 PM
What kind of crashes are you experiencing? I have run the two latest patches without any mods and have never encountered a single crash. There are bugs, but I have not experienced crashes yet.

Are these crashes random crashes or are they happening in the same situation all the time? If the latter is true and you have a save game I could try it on my PC or you could try when you have disabled all mods you are using, if any. Just a precaution to rule out that a mod is to blame for the crash.

ckdamascus
12-07-2012, 03:41 PM
What kind of crashes are you experiencing? I have run the two latest patches without any mods and have never encountered a single crash. There are bugs, but I have not experienced crashes yet.

Are these crashes random crashes or are they happening in the same situation all the time? If the latter is true and you have a save game I could try it on my PC or you could try when you have disabled all mods you are using, if any. Just a precaution to rule out that a mod is to blame for the crash.

I always run without mods.

Usually happens when I am just walking around or flying around... then suddenly crash.

I try to go into dev mode, but it doesn't always show up or it seems to somehow magically alt-tab me back to the desktop with no message, then, I can go back into the game. (probably caught some exception).

It's not easily repeatable so I just reload the game and go on.

I suppose one could argue it is ram issues, but considering I have played over 900 hours of Diablo 3 with ZERO crashes, I doubt my machine just suddenly got "unstable".

ivra
12-07-2012, 07:12 PM

Usually happens when I am just walking around or flying around... then suddenly crash.

I try to go into dev mode, but it doesn't always show up or it seems to somehow magically alt-tab me back to the desktop with no message, then, I can go back into the game. (probably caught some exception).

I suppose one could argue it is ram issues, but considering I have played over 900 hours of Diablo 3 with ZERO crashes, I doubt my machine just suddenly got "unstable".

Ouch. Those kinds of bugs are the hardest to get rid of. It could still be RAM related, but it is a bit farfetched. This game could use another physical location of your RAM or graphic card RAM than what Diablo is using, and that location could have a defect. A RAM diagnostic program would probably be able to detect if your hardware is ok. Could be worth a run if you can find the time; those programs tend to be rather slow...

Rork
12-10-2012, 10:38 AM

Same thing happpened to me in the exact same way. Crashes could happen like three times in 10 mins or not at all for several hours. They definitely did happen more often than a crash in the battle.

Almost useless to add that I have no problems whatsoever with my system.

ivra
12-11-2012, 12:19 PM
Hmm, my days of no crashes have gone away. I had one the first time I entered Hades, but thought nothing about it. But when I entered New Kordar, the game crashes fairly often. Usually it is when a battle is about to start. Restarting the game and loading has so far worked well. It has never crashed twice in the beginning of the same battle after a resart. The game seemed so stable up until this point.

ckdamascus
12-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Hmm, my days of no crashes have gone away. I had one the first time I entered Hades, but thought nothing about it. But when I entered New Kordar, the game crashes fairly often. Usually it is when a battle is about to start. Restarting the game and loading has so far worked well. It has never crashed twice in the beginning of the same battle after a resart. The game seemed so stable up until this point.

To elaborate my experience, that is precisely what happened to me as well. The latest build was SUPER stable up until Demonis/Hades. I thought the "horse fix" was an attempt to fix this because I always had problems here.

In previous patches, the crashing occured while randomly walking around even on the first island.

I quicksave every 10 mins (force of habit) anyways.

As for the start of a battle, it has something to do with
"lua_isnumber( m_pLuaVM, iIndex)
File: spells_common.lua line: 30"

Maybe random item generator OR bug trying to use skills like diversion since that occurs at start of battle.

Yes, restarting will let me get around it, but it is scary. I'm crashing again during battle and on the random walk around now.

I highly suspect it has to do with our skills because you only really get strong enough to use such skills later on in the game.

Hades always had problems walking around with the spinning floating disks...

hippo
12-11-2012, 03:29 PM
Why can't you simply wait for Summer/Autumn 2013 when all bugs will be fixed and than play?

ckdamascus
12-11-2012, 03:45 PM
Why can't you simply wait for Summer/Autumn 2013 when all bugs will be fixed and than play?

Because without us, they wouldn't be found. :)

DeepSoul
12-24-2012, 02:46 AM
Will there be an expansion to this expansion? Please no undead this time...

Boozie
01-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Christa's Gift "Lifetime". I'm assuming that means it will last longer but once it's sprung it's sprung and gone correct? Also are some monsters immune to this?

roppetoppe
02-11-2013, 03:33 PM
Just found out about this game and I love it. Have some questions though, which I cant find the answer to by searching in this forum.

I play as Soothsayers.

1. Can I somehow locate the objectives? Why isnt there like marks on the map or something? Cant figure out where to go next..

2. This leadership points your hero has. When can I train more units?

Thanks!

wizardelo
02-11-2013, 06:26 PM
you have a quest meniu in, if you click the quest button or press Q there are some objectives, the crown one is the main objective. you can hire more units at different buildings all around the world.

roppetoppe
02-11-2013, 07:37 PM
thanks for reply! but can you see the objectives on the map/minimap somehow?
cant find my way, want marks as dots or something visible on the map/minimap..how do I locate the objectives?

jake21
02-12-2013, 01:38 PM
I can't remember if quests show in the mini map but items do at lower difficulty. Objectives can be a bit tricky but this is rpg'ish. The description often (but not always) gives you a pretty good hint where to go when the objective is on another island. If the objective is on your island than that is part of the game - exploration. I will admit one annoying thing is that often objectives are created when quest start; so if you explore before you get the quest then you have to back-track to find the objective. If you open the map; you can place stickies on the map. What I frequently do (since many quest givers are not marked) is when I get a quest I open the map and mark the quest giver with a bit of text saying what this giver wants to complete the quest.
-
I have to admit i'm not the best - I heard there were 125 quets but i've only found 122 :(

thanks for reply! but can you see the objectives on the map/minimap somehow?
cant find my way, want marks as dots or something visible on the map/minimap..how do I locate the objectives?

roppetoppe
02-25-2013, 08:46 PM
why is the game crashing at the runorm fight? what have I missed? is there a patch for this or something?

thanks

kam5kan
03-08-2013, 10:02 PM
I have problem on fastland - one of the vampires is stuck behind a hill and i can't reach him to fight with him. And he holds the last piece of the mask... Please help!

J.B.
03-09-2013, 12:24 PM
I have problem on fastland - one of the vampires is stuck behind a hill and i can't reach him to fight with him. And he holds the last piece of the mask... Please help!

Did you try to navigate Olaf with the arrow keys? Then you can reach some places, which you aren't able to reach by point and klick.

Good luck

J.B.

kam5kan
03-09-2013, 04:16 PM
Did you try to navigate Olaf with the arrow keys? Then you can reach some places, which you aren't able to reach by point and klick.

Good luck

J.B.

Nope, it does not help :( i tried about half an hour... and went to other islands, but the vampire is still behind and untouchable.