PDA

View Full Version : Steam support is the worst ever

broken pixel
08-02-2012, 07:46 AM
I upgrade to x79 board and CPU so off coarse Steam wants to send a validation e-mail. For some reason it never does? I have contacted steams crap ass support and it took them 3 days just to respond. I am now going on my 6th day of not being able to access my games on steam. I have sent them my invoice from gamefly for IL2 CoD. I guess that's not good enough and they are looking into hiring a PI to investigate my claims to see if I own the damn game and its my account. I have set up alternate e-mail address in my account online. I don't understand since I have received there validation e-mails before. I remember when I heard IL2 CoD was going to be with steam, man I was pissed. But what can you do after you have waited 6 years for an Alpha retail game for 58.00 bones. Steam is a multi-billion dollar company and its CEOs are too damn cheap to hire some damn people at a call center to take calls. Bah! :-x

ATAG_Septic
08-02-2012, 08:19 AM
I feel your pain.

It's no problem for me when it works, better than similar software that is forced on to us even, but disastrous when it doesn't.

Good luck,

Septic.

Ze-Jamz
08-02-2012, 09:28 AM
Man that sux..

They are all the same when it comes to support once they have your money. Steam and CoD users have had nothing but trouble when it comes to hardware changes and keys being resent..

Hope you get it sorted soon

broken pixel
08-02-2012, 08:28 PM
I got another reply form my ticket RE: 2.5 days and still no response from support steam not sending my validation key to my e-mail. - [7466-EUAD-7158] [cdd45b65] Get a load of the BS, ========= Please enter your reply ABOVE this line =========

Hello,

A staff member has replied to your question:

Hello Jaso,

That is not a purchase made through Steam and therefore is not proof of ownership for Steam.

I bought the game from Direct to drive aka gamefly now. So what if I don't buy it from steam, I can't play the damn game without steam. I don't think I have ever purchased a game from steam. Man! I want to test CLOD on my new hardware and steam support is making me feel very angry.

von Pilsner
08-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Is the account still linked to the original email for some reason? (sounds like it)

broken pixel
08-02-2012, 09:12 PM
It was connected to my gmail account and i deleted everything snoople. I did change my e-mail throught steam and added alternate e-mails also. A few days I was able to log into my account on there website. Now I cant even log into my account via the web page because of steam guard.

von Pilsner
08-02-2012, 09:22 PM
It was connected to my gmail account and i deleted everything snoople. I did change my e-mail throught steam and added alternate e-mails also. A few days I was able to log into my account on there website. Now I cant even log into my account via the web page because of steam guard.

Well that sucks... I really hope Steam can validate your account so you can have it back.

broken pixel
08-03-2012, 11:13 PM
:grin:
I finally got steam to believe I was the owner of my account, a 6 day ordeal that could of been a few min if only they had at least a live chat session available. I found my Limbo game transaction my sifting through my bank account records. I can finally test and see how IL2 CoD will perform on my new monster rig. Microcenter had a sale on the OCZ Revo3 240GB PCIe x4 SSD for 270.00 and MIR of 20.00.

The heat sinks are not attached, there only for show. I don't have enough copper for the front and back. I did mod the SSD chip HS with a fan as it was recommended by OCZ.
Screaming Demon! Makes me think of Screaming Demons over Europe back on 56k modem in the early 90s lol, I even had Microprose Stealth Fighter for my C64.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/c152pilot/e3a8ec47.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/c152pilot/oczrevo3bench.png
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/c152pilot/oczrevo3totallenght1GBbenchmark-1.jpg