PDA

View Full Version : Problem with 1.06 patch

Alexandre.cosneau
06-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Good afternoon everyone :grin:

Like the title says it, I have a problem with Cliffs Of Dover after the installation of the patch and the fix...
I explain:
COD worked perfectly before, but I wanted to game on multiplayer and I was obligated to upgrade in 1.06
So I read a lot about it on the forum and I install it:
The patch and the fix with "winrar" and in the right folder.
I deleted the cache and start the game...
The menu worked perfectly (except a red square instead of the yellow plane)
But, when I started the multigame (or a mission), I got no more map in the briefing.
Plus, when I wanted to flight, the game crash and show me my desktop with a little black rectangle on (4 on 1 cm) in the left top Or, a black screen... but, my commands and the sound work! I just got no image...

I search a long time without finding any solutions...
Does anyone have the same problem or have a solution?

My configuration:
Toshiba satellite A 660
Windows 7 (64 bits)
Intel core i7 Q720 1.6 GHz or 2.8 GHz
RAM 6 Go
Nvidia GeForce GTS 350M

5./JG27.Farber
06-06-2012, 02:20 PM
That is a graphical crash. It happens sometimes. Just restart the game.

The redsquare at the biggining just means you have the patch - nothing to worry about. On the menu Screen you should see the version number in one of the corners.

JTDawg
06-06-2012, 03:01 PM
No- yes i dont think so,Since new patch ,I to cann't play off line anymore, start motor, roll, gear up an crash, normally about 2 to 4 mins. But agree about red square= but i start with red square then it turns to blue, think mine is turning off crossfire, or trying to disable, Try turning on shadows. i to get the black thing but mine is at right side top corner. Thats the biggest problem m8, seems everybody is differant, as far as crashes, types an when ,where an why? :confused:

5./JG27.Farber
06-06-2012, 03:22 PM
Yes JTDawg, my wingman and I have simular systems and after turning everything down to stop a CTD at the 10 min mark we found we actually had to turn more things on and up!

Try turning on SSAO, shadows and grass... It worked for us. Wierd but true!

JTDawg
06-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Yes JTDawg, my wingman and I have simular systems and after turning everything down to stop a CTD at the 10 min mark we found we actually had to turn more things on and up!

Try turning on SSAO, shadows and grass... It worked for us. Wierd but true!

I have all my settings high, very high on original , only thing off is trees anti ep an ssao, The only problems i'm seeing now (online) is when i do loadout hit create an boom crash, an the famous start your engine ,an while warming up plane vanishing leaving me sitting there going wtf, ,an the screen lockup when getting by real live bombers (slide show) furballs is a 50 50 seems to be connected with high ping from some players (running 300 to 500) sounds start chattering then screen freeze . My fps on ground about 80 then avg. 100 an over,. vsinc is also off (forgot that 1) But agree 100% on turning things up got rid of most crashes, also for intel guys hyper threading off seems to help them salute But still can't play offline no matter what i do

Alexandre.cosneau
06-06-2012, 08:45 PM
5./JG27.Farber "That is a graphical crash. It happens sometimes. Just restart the game."

I restart a lot of time the game with the cache clean up, but I still happen...

I will try to put all my settings high and turn the ssao, the shadows and the grass on!

Lifted86
06-07-2012, 07:34 AM
Im having the same problem as Alexandre with 1.06.

No map and when I press fly it will load, then go to desktop. I can hear all the sounds, start up the engine and if I press escape it will switch back to the pause menu.

I've maxed all my settings, tried different resolutions but no luck.

My specs:

intel core i5-2410m @ 2.30Ghz
4GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GT 540M 1GB
Windows 7

I do have the latest Nvidia beta drivers (v301.42), idk maybe they are the problem.

Alexandre.cosneau
06-07-2012, 10:42 AM
Lifted86, Yes, it's exactely the same!

And I have Direct 11, and the last driver on Nvidia

So I don't know what to do...

Alexandre.cosneau
06-07-2012, 06:18 PM
This envening, I tried to put on my graphics settings to the maximum, but nothing change...

I'm completly lost I don't know where does it crash... :confused:

ivinghoe
06-09-2012, 04:47 PM
I was having similar problems after installing the patch. I use win 7 64bit and a GTX580 card.
There is a registry edit that will allow you to play the game i tried this but my game was very stuttery and game inputs were badly lagging.
Option 3 in this thread is the edit...
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19819

However I rolled back my graphics drivers (i use Nvidia) to 296.10 I picked the clean install option. I then restarted my pc and all was back to normal with smooth graphics and gameplay. The 301.24 and 301.42 nvidia drivers I tried crashed the game as per OP

Alexandre.cosneau
06-10-2012, 09:13 AM
Thank you for your answer!

So as you said, I downgrade my nvidia's driver to the 280.26 version, but I still have this problem...
I'm going to work more on it! If the overs use this Beta, why not me! ;)

I'm also ready to test new ideas to help me :grin:

ivinghoe
06-10-2012, 08:06 PM
Here is the way I got it working if I recall correctly.. It took a bit of time but I got it going in the end

1 Rolled back graphic drivers to 296.10 (dunno if it helps)
2 Verified the game cache via steam to roll back to 1.05 version
3 Deleted all the files and the shader folder in documents/1c SoftClub/il-2 stormovik cliffs of dover/cache
4 Installed the beta patch files
5 Installed the updated core.dll file from http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=9526&d=1336833423
6 Started the game and went into options and changed "full screen" to "pseudo fullscreen" in video options and restarted and then run a single player mission to test.

Alexandre.cosneau
06-12-2012, 09:50 AM
I re-install the game completly (even steam) and done everything that "ivinghoe" said, but now, i got no small black rectangle on the top my desktop but just my desktop...
I steal have this problem without any move... I try everything possible but nothing happen! I'm going crazy :(

_79_dev
06-15-2012, 11:54 PM
Verify integrity of cach files, and then apply patch properly until it will work..

Some of Your files seems to be gone off. Game worked before... have to work this way...

Alexandre.cosneau
06-16-2012, 10:26 AM
Ok I will try but how do you verify the integrity of the cach fil?
I mean, without steam beacause it will back downgrade the 1.06 files in 1.05...

David198502
06-16-2012, 11:32 AM
how did you extract the patch?i mean which program did you use?there are some, which are not able to extract the beta patch correctly, which will result in the game not even launching anymore.
had that problem with the first beta patch, and with every beta patch, i see people having the same problem.
i dont understand why the devs dont mention how to correctly install the patch.
in case that really is your problem, try to extract the patch with 7zip.

Alexandre.cosneau
06-16-2012, 06:08 PM
I extracted my patch with Alzip a time, and when I tried again, with Winrar
I read something about the problem with some program which didn't extract the beta correctly, so I did it with Winrar, but I didn't tried with 7zip
I will try this tonight! :grin:

Alexandre.cosneau
06-21-2012, 06:11 PM
I tried to un-zip with 7-zip, but it still not working...
Always the sames problem...:confused:

Alexandre.cosneau
06-27-2012, 04:13 PM
No more ideas?