PDA

View Full Version : Terrain?

benson
05-21-2012, 06:15 PM
:confused:Just got CloD installed and considering my gear is far from the best I'm quite happy with it. My biggest surprise/disappointment however is the colouring of the terrain. I've been drooling over videos and screenshots for months which show (accurately) the lush green of southeast England but I've got sort of wishy-washy pastel colours. What's happened to the old terrain?

Dano
05-21-2012, 06:18 PM
Nothing, change the time of day to something other than midday.

benson
05-21-2012, 07:23 PM
I'll give it a go.Thanks

Sandstone
05-23-2012, 07:17 AM
Unfortunately, CloD's landscape colours just aren't very good. Speaking as a Brit who actually flies over the SW of England I have to say that what I see in the game is nothing like I see when I fly for real. CloD's colours are very washed out and the lack of dark hedges at field boundaries is very odd. It does look better at Dawn and dusk, though - but only because it hides the landscape :).

Skoshi Tiger
05-29-2012, 08:17 AM
Unfortunately, CloD's landscape colours just aren't very good. Speaking as a Brit who actually flies over the SW of England I have to say that what I see in the game is nothing like I see when I fly for real. CloD's colours are very washed out and the lack of dark hedges at field boundaries is very odd. It does look better at Dawn and dusk, though - but only because it hides the landscape :).

Just before dusk and after dawn is the time we get to see a lot of the detail in the terrain, the low hills and valleys.

It is really great. not sure if any other sim can match it!