PDA

View Full Version : Tighten Seat Belt Question...issue

Foofighter
05-14-2012, 08:10 AM
Hi Fellow Pilots

I am experiencing a strange effect when I use the ctrl+f1 tighten seat belt option when I maneauver for a kill.. It is as I suddenly jerk from one side to the other but it is not done fluedly, it is as if the cockpit is redrawn in the new postion,,,difficult to explain....It is a very pronounced effect, It doesn't feel or look natural.

Anyone else have similar issue when in this view?

Thanks,
G

Stublerone
05-14-2012, 10:23 AM
!I cannot really say something about this specific glitch, but I experiencedmany glitches, when switching with shift+f1 very often. Especially when moving your head a bit while doing this causing annatural movements or even jumps.

I think, that the view in general is a major bug. Perhaps trackir in combination to the game tries to center the view or find the new positions and that causes all these behaviours.

I just recomment to throw out the current concept of realistic movement and limited viewing angles, etc. and come up with an easy solution. I think, that the movement speed of the pilot is limited and this causes also hick ups. Especially to limit speeds also limits the trackir and trackir users have major gltches with it.

Currently the only thing you can do is to use free view only. But this shouldn't be the solution. It needs a review and it will be essential for good flying. Otherwise I do not know, if I will be happy flying this game. It is one of my major issues to not play the game extensively.

IMPORTANT: I already opened a ticket on bugtracker for the whole viewing issue. So please vote in il2bugtracker: ticket #87: gunsight view and free view difficult to switch

ATAG_Doc
05-14-2012, 01:45 PM
That's looks fine and seems to work as intended.

Foofighter
05-14-2012, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the replies. Thing is I am not using TrackIR and are stuck in the same view agle so I am not manipulating the viewing angle...It is just that the view jumps in an unnatural buggy way when doing maneauvering...

I will try and post a vid link for it when I have a moment.

Stublerone
05-14-2012, 02:48 PM
Hmm, interesting. So there seems to be a real bug with viewing behaviour. Sorry to say that, but this the chance for rework on the viewing and so, a chanve for my suggestion to do it the old il2 way! :)

Could it be some headshaking simulation, that causes your camera behaviour? I am afraid I do not know it.

Would be interesting to verify that and to get statements from non-trackir users....

Foofighter
05-14-2012, 08:44 PM
Hi

So I took this video using FRAP, hopefully the behaviour I am refering to is visible here.

I am not using TrackIR or any such product, just joystick and keyboard.

Video can be download here:

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=803554

Thanks,
G

Foofighter
05-21-2012, 02:59 PM
Does this happen for others also?

Cheers,
G

Blackdog_kt
06-03-2012, 11:04 PM
I have some trouble understanding the nature of the problem.

If you mean that changing between views looks "jumpy" and "jittery", then yes, it happens and i would call that a glitch. It's relatively minor, but still a bug.

If you mean that the view angles are limited when you are in gunsight view, that one is not a bug but an intended feature.

It's meant to simulate tightening your seatbelt and it has advantages and disadvantages:

+ less shaking around in the cockpit, so your viewpoint is steadier and you can aim with more precision

- decreased ability to look around because your body is tightly strapped to the seat across your shoulders.

That one is not a bug and if head movement speeds are also somehow capped, then i'm all the more pleased. Stublerone says it's a bug but i call it a deliberate feature: it might need some work, but it's meant to make things more realistic.

Maybe it should be an option in the difficulty settings ("realistic pilot movement limitations" or something like that) so both of us could be happy. Cheers ;)

Stublerone
06-04-2012, 04:06 PM
It cannot be realistic for only trackir. Trackir is just a helpful thing, but can never reach reality. So tje limitations are not, what a real pilot has.

Just think about a pilot going into gunsight view, totally to the front. He will not have a 30 degree viewing limitation and will do everything possible for him , that he not loses his target. That means, that he will turn his head more than 30 degrees, he will roll eyes additionally to stay close to the gunsight and he will be able to turn his body and shoulders even when it just a bit. So, he would at least see 90 degrees left and right. With rolled eyes and the humans ability to train peripheric view, the pilot will see all the way around. I can peripherically see 90 degrees without movin head and eyes and just have to roll eyes to see every movement left and right with enough detail. What i want to say is, that I peripherically see something passes at 90 degrees and I just need to roll the eyes to focus.

Trackir is just head movement and do not simulate eye rolling, peripheric looking and movement of my skeleton or the whole upper body.

So, let 6dof be real 6dof possibilty and delete the restriction, because it is totally out of reality! I know, that they tried to simulate something, but it is simply nonsense and do not reflect reality.

Yes: they could perhaps move their head just some degrees in that specific situation, but the could roll eyes or release their position very fast. I do not want to press viewing every second in dogfight.

That is, why I think, that is totally weird and unnatural feature. I simply dont want to fly like this anymore. :)

Foofighter
06-06-2012, 08:50 AM
Hi Blackdog_kt

Yes I mean that when I am in the gunsight view that when the head perspective moves to left or right, it is very jump.

I am aware of the intended limitation of the viewing angle.

However the head movement when moving left, right as you are thrown about by maneuvering is as if it just snaps to the left, middle or right view which looks glitchy and is disruptive to play.

Thanks,
G

I have some trouble understanding the nature of the problem.

If you mean that changing between views looks "jumpy" and "jittery", then yes, it happens and i would call that a glitch. It's relatively minor, but still a bug.

If you mean that the view angles are limited when you are in gunsight view, that one is not a bug but an intended feature.

It's meant to simulate tightening your seatbelt and it has advantages and disadvantages:

+ less shaking around in the cockpit, so your viewpoint is steadier and you can aim with more precision

- decreased ability to look around because your body is tightly strapped to the seat across your shoulders.

That one is not a bug and if head movement speeds are also somehow capped, then i'm all the more pleased. Stublerone says it's a bug but i call it a deliberate feature: it might need some work, but it's meant to make things more realistic.

Maybe it should be an option in the difficulty settings ("realistic pilot movement limitations" or something like that) so both of us could be happy. Cheers ;)