PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

FearOfHights
05-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Hey everyone.
I just got this game a few days ago, and love it so much that I went and got the il-2 sturmovik: 1946. I`m so hooked, and my trackir 5 are on the way in the mail. Cant wait.
But since I downloaded 1946, I`m beginning to wonder about the replay value of COD, since there is no dynamic campaign. We have the two campaigns, but when they are all done what then? I`m not big on multiplayer, but thats the only thing left for this game when the campaigns are done. And that worries me, I dont want it to end :)
Will there be added a dynamic campaign for this game as well, and will it be free, or are the devs calculating on sucking us dry for every thing that will be added? I dont want to buy all the extra stuff, since this game obviously was incomplete at release. Sadly this is the way the gaming industry are heading. Release a half done product, then sell patches as addons....
What will happen to COD when the new game are released? Will it be abandon, and left over to the modders to keep alive, I wonder.....
The reason I ask this is that all over this forum, people are saying that this game was released as a "demo" for the Battle of Moscow, so the devs could check and optimize the engine and all that stuff. Witch worries me.
If all this is only half the truth, 1C are heading straigt into enemy fire, and going down.
I just found the game of my life, and worrie to much:) But feel free to enlighten me, and give me comfort.

SEE
05-12-2012, 11:34 PM
As things stand, IL1946 is a better SP game (in my opinion) and also has a large and loyal Multiplayer userbase.

The general feeling is that CLOD will develop into a similar format but it will take some time. ClOD has a lot to offer and campaigns/missions are starting to appear and available for purchase or for free download. I would say keep both on your hard disk and enjoy both for what they offer.

CloD is getting better, the new GFX engine probably halted or delayed a lot of the things that enthusiasts wanted adressed far quicker. Once that GFX engine is ready I am pretty sure that the pace of development as a series and improvements will increase.