PDA

View Full Version : Patch size.

benson
05-12-2012, 10:51 PM
I am thinking of buying this game. I would get the disc version then hopefully I would only have to download the latest patch or patches from Steam. This is important to me because I have a monthly download limit of 10Gigabytes. Can anyone tell me the size of the patch(es) I would have to download? Thanks in advance.

Luftwaffepilot
05-12-2012, 11:03 PM
definately less than 1 GB if I remember correctly.
No DSL where you live?

benson
05-12-2012, 11:12 PM
Hello Luftwaffepilot.Thanks for your speedy answer. Yes I have DSL.It's just a matter of cost for me at the moment. Hopefully if it is less than 1GB I can go ahead and buy. Thanks again.

Troll2k
05-13-2012, 12:49 AM
I believe the disk does not have the game on it.It is just a Steam installer.You still have to d/l the game.Fortunately it will be the latest official version.

Ordinarily there is never a patch to "download".Steam updates your game automatically.

However from time to time there is a beta patch released for testing.It is not available through Steam but only through this forum.

I believe the game is a 3-4 GB d/l.

Martin77
05-13-2012, 06:18 AM
The game is on the disk. You must abort the steam download and then it installs from cd

Vyper
05-13-2012, 06:33 AM
I am thinking of buying this game. I would get the disc version then hopefully I would only have to download the latest patch or patches from Steam. This is important to me because I have a monthly download limit of 10Gigabytes. Can anyone tell me the size of the patch(es) I would have to download? Thanks in advance.

Regardless of having it on disk, steam will force you to DL the entire game each time there is an official patch. Currently you'll be forced to DL almost 5 gigs of data.

benson
05-13-2012, 01:32 PM
OK thanks to all of you for your answers they've been as good and helpful replies as I could have hoped for. Have to have a rethink on this game then.:(
Regards.

David198502
05-18-2012, 08:41 AM
Regardless of having it on disk, steam will force you to DL the entire game each time there is an official patch. Currently you'll be forced to DL almost 5 gigs of data.

false!
if you have the disk, you can install it from there and dont have to download it via steam...i did it many times already.
and if a patch is released, it will only download the relevant files and not the whole game again.

benson
05-18-2012, 06:43 PM
David 198502.Thanks for bringing me hope again:)I know the game has its problems but I believe I can enjoy playing it. Thanks again.