PDA

View Full Version : COD won't open after new beta patch

HorrorRoach
05-06-2012, 08:00 PM
Hmm. I've narrowed it down to the patch. I redownloaded steam and COD and it worked. Extracted patch files to root COD directory. No luck. Mouse turns into the watch icon for a few seconds then goes away, nothing happens.

Anyone have any idea why? I dont think it's AVG blocking rendobj.dll, i have it set to notify me if it catches shenannagins.

System info (even tho most of this stuff doesnt matter):
Windows 7 64bit
MSI 580 3gb extreme
8gb ram
90gb SSD
Intel 2600k

Running latest beta nvidia drivers. I also reset my nvidia settings etc.

HELP

EJ

HorrorRoach
05-06-2012, 09:18 PM
I read the faq and deleted the shader files, no luck. This is really getting on my nerves.

DroopSnoot
05-07-2012, 06:50 AM
I got it too now even if I remove the patch and clean the game cache through steam etc the game now just crashes on every launch.

csThor
05-07-2012, 07:04 AM
I never extract the files directly into the CloD directory but into a temporary folder on the desktop. Then I copy&paste the content into the CloD directory ... Try this, maybe the extraction process has fubared things. *just guessing*

HorrorRoach
05-07-2012, 09:52 PM
i got it to work. this is what i did:

Fresh install, ran game and set settings to low. Patched, THEN, deleted shaders in 1c Softclub folder in my documents before running...

But, I'm getting wierd graphical bugs... Textures with whacked out color scheme's.

Troll2k
05-07-2012, 10:03 PM
Try turning off the epilepsy filter to get rid of the LSD colors.

justme262
05-12-2012, 11:55 AM
my game won't launch at all!
I was playing the beta patched version all week and it was fine then it just stopped working and I can't even launch it :(
I tried verify local files. I deleted the whole game and reinstall the unpatched version... I deleted the whole 1c folder in documents...try to launch and I see the yellow plane in a cross air and then bang back to desktop!