PDA

View Full Version : GPU Poll

DroopSnoot
05-06-2012, 08:10 AM
I dont want to spam the forums with polls but I thought roadcarz poll was a great idea to get an over all feel for ppls performance, but 1 thing was missing from that poll.
Most of the way since release ATI users have suffered and had far worse performance from the game than nvidia users. With the first stage of this graphics re-write now in testing I thought it would be a good observation to make on how performance is now in relation to the brand of GPU being used.

simast
05-06-2012, 08:13 AM
GeForce GTX 460 1GB - no FPS increase.

ATAG_Bliss
05-06-2012, 08:15 AM
2 x 580 GTX = same FPS for me

__________________________________________________ ________________________

On another note - 2 people in coms tried crossfire on their ATI setups and had MASSIVE fps gains. The bastards were averaging 80+ FPS !!

DroopSnoot
05-06-2012, 08:18 AM
sry guys poll is up, took a few mins to write it up.

simast
05-06-2012, 08:28 AM
Um. I have MSI NVIDIA card.. which one should I vote? :)

Edit: I doubt the actual card manufacturer is important, it's just the chipset that counts (AMD/NVIDIA).

pupo162
05-06-2012, 08:47 AM
7870 saphire

settings: maxed out 1440x900

Notable performance increase.

about 50% over london (from 30 fps to 45)

about 50% over the channel (from 80 -120)

frances: about 80 fps now (soemthign like 60 before)
england: about 50 fps now (before:35-40)

in case of smoke/ particles on take off
before: 1 fps or less
now: minimun 30 fps.

No slowdowns or stutters.

Also: no more aliasing. im not using any antialiasing but the ingame 2x, and it looks far better than any AA injector i've used.

Flanker35M
05-06-2012, 10:11 AM
S!

Average and maximum FPS went up by a good margin when playing tracks, minimums more or less the same. When flying FPS very smooth.

ramstein
05-06-2012, 02:12 PM
too many launcher crashes to get data...

PNY Nvidia GTX 460 video, with MSI P7N motherboard, with Intel Core2duo cpu:
fps, seemed good, but then again, could not keep flying long enough to do much.. neither could one other person yesterday... maybe 20 minutes before crashes..

Needed to do some low level fights over ships or certain land/building to check performance, never had the chance..

senseispcc
05-06-2012, 04:37 PM

Same here!:!:

Ataros
05-06-2012, 04:44 PM
If you have same or worse results please check your anti-aliasing settings both in game and in drivers.

AA did not work in the old engine and works in the new engine. If you have AA ON in game or in drivers it creates extra load in the new engine and may give you worse FPS than in the old engine where there was no such load. Compare performance with AA OFF.

Also new GTX680 cards have special vsynk modes that can lock FPS. Try turning vsync of both in game and in drivers.

JG5_emil
05-06-2012, 05:21 PM
It really depends on how you measure performance.

If you are only looking at fps then I would say I am not seeing any real difference. Certainly clouds absolutely destroy my performance, far worse than before.

Having said that when flying around over the ground and buildings/towns etc I can see there is a noticeable difference in smoothness and far less stutters/pauses.

So in short fps seems the same but performance is better except when near clouds.

My System:

i5 @ 4200 MHz
ASROCK Z68 Extreme 4
GForce 580 GTX 3 Gig Vram
8 Gig Ram
Windows 7 mounted on SSD
Steam mounted on a different SSD
Resolution 2560x1440

Lurker_71
05-06-2012, 06:12 PM
GTX 460, a little lower performance

Lurker_71
05-06-2012, 06:21 PM
If you have same or worse results please check your anti-aliasing settings both in game and in drivers.

AA did not work in the old engine and works in the new engine. If you have AA ON in game or in drivers it creates extra load in the new engine and may give you worse FPS than in the old engine where there was no such load. Compare performance with AA OFF.

Also new GTX680 cards have special vsynk modes that can lock FPS. Try turning vsync of both in game and in drivers.

AA seems to work ONLY in the cockpit, not outside views. Check antenna wire, distant aircraft, etc. I am having difficulty believing this is a new graphic "engine" at all. I tried various AA options, both game native and driver. None work.

Also, in-game AA off or set (1x - 8x) makes no visual difference. But there is a performance hit, if you do set it. Sounds familiar?

Waste of time this is really. Signing off till the next placebo dose.

kyletiernan
05-06-2012, 06:32 PM
570 no increase

JTDawg
05-06-2012, 06:34 PM

__________________________________________________ ________________________

On another note - 2 people in coms tried crossfire on their ATI setups and had MASSIVE fps gains. The bastards were averaging 80+ FPS !!

I'm 1 of those bastards lol , I must say my fps was is great now, I have 2x- xfx-6870 black ed. couldn't even fly off line for five mins. till ctd. With new patch very mad. went on ts (ATAG) BLISS stopped in to fly some red with them i was not in game ,just listening to all. Bliss said max everything out i did, crossfire works avg 80 or even up over 100 fps for long periods of time turded off skin downloads solved most long stutters 1sec or so. set aa to 8x Before patch when i tried crossfire i went from 60 70 fps to 20 or less . flew 2 missions about 45 mins each no ctd haven't tried off line again to see if it crashes , But i'm more online player so don't care, Don't get me wrong there are still probs. in game but imo think bliss might be on to something here. salute

RickRuski
05-06-2012, 09:07 PM
Definately no improvement for me no matter what I've tried. All settings on High except for Forrests and Buildings (medium). It's as though this patch never happened. All my settings are the same as pre-patch so comparison is equal.

DroopSnoot, how about adding V/ram question to the poll with the cards, this may show where the benifits are at the moment.

svanen
05-06-2012, 09:14 PM
No perfomance increase for me, actually worse, I have stuttering and some 1-2 seconds of freezes that I never noticed before, exactly the same settings as pre-patch. No CTD but I got a total freeze but I could use ESC to get back to the ingame menu and relaunch.

Mr_Zooly
05-06-2012, 09:27 PM
seems slightly better on my new Gigabyte AMD HD7950 OC but not quite the performance jump I would have expected (coming from GTX460)