PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still play bop ps3?

mavrickandgoose
05-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Just wondering if anyone still plays? I havnt even turned my ps3 on in about a month after trying to force myself to like B.O.S witch I still hate. I really want to play some bop like the old days lol I know this won't happen but does anyone still play at all is it worth puting it in and looking for a game ?

irishjg10
05-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Just wondering if anyone still plays? I havnt even turned my ps3 on in about a month after trying to force myself to like B.O.S witch I still hate. I really want to play some bop like the old days lol I know this won't happen but does anyone still play at all is it worth puting it in and looking for a game ?

Hi Mav, I'm back playing Buddy. I unlocked all 103 birds in BoS and got platinum and prestiged so until there's a patch (if there is one that is ...) I don't have much to play BoS for. I'm working away on my platinum for BoP at the mo using my new PSN Green_Devil_JG. Look forward to seeing you in the BoP skies ace.

:wink:

mavrickandgoose
05-05-2012, 02:08 AM
I got on today and instantly got into some 8 player arcade games guess not everyone has went over to the dark side lol now if I can just get some realistic games going lol

irishjg10
05-05-2012, 02:00 PM
I had to block a fellow pilot today. First in a long time but it's been coming. I've given him more than a fair chance to prove himself but sorry I am to say he's just a pr1ck. Last time we happened to be on the same side, I'm zeroing in on a B-17 in strike using my G6. next thing i'm up in smoke and respawning. he deliberately killed me to get me outta the way before moving onto the B-17. Then today we face each other in a 1vs1 strike. I'm in the G6 again and him in his Spit. He can't fly anything else 'cause he has special settings for the spit 11 and is like noddy in anything else. anyways 7 mins into our 10 min strike game he quits 'cause I'm gone too far ahead for him to win and he knows it. So Jim****** if you're reading this. COP YOURSELF ON

mavrickandgoose
05-05-2012, 04:38 PM
Jimathome? Lol he quit so many games back when I was playing him lol quits whenever he is loseing to keep a high rank lol

irishjg10
05-05-2012, 07:15 PM
Lol bingo Mav. You got in one, man. I didn't want to name him but hey you knew exactly who I was talking about. Anyway I'm sick of his antics. He's a jumped up tactless bafoon.
He's not gonna bother me anymore now 'cause I've blocked him for good. I'm lookin' forward to seeing you in the air Mav. It's great to see one of the best BoP aces back in the sky. No quarter given or asked and no ridiculous rules. That's real fighting bro. Real BoP. I salute you Sir.

mavrickandgoose
05-05-2012, 08:22 PM
Thanks man. Yeah me and pappy both have had our run ins with Jim over the years. he would play as long as he was winning but quit when loseing I havnt seen him in a while. I will admit he is a very good player he can just be anoying to play with lol. I was playing last night with agator evil_pipi mickyotricky and a few others they were all teaming against me and sweetmystic and we were getting our ass kicked 3v2 against them but I didn't quit I was just happy to be playing again I thought for sure il2 was forever dead but I guess there is a little life left in her after all

mavrickandgoose
05-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Hey maybe we can figure out a time to do that 2v2 we were going to do before bos

irishjg10
05-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Agator and Pipi are good pilots. Pipi is stark raving bananas but good fun. Poor aul mickey tries bless him. That sounded like a cracking battle. I'd have enjoyed it for sure. I must team up with you and Pappy against the latino crew.

dkwookie
05-06-2012, 01:23 PM
I am going to get BOP back on. I tried, hated and sold BOS and being grounded for so long has me aching to get back in the air. Knowing there are still players on I will boot up tomorrow eve :)

irishjg10
05-06-2012, 02:36 PM
That's great news Wookie. Glad to see you are back mate. Sure hope we can meet up and have a blast.

irishjg10
05-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Hey maybe we can figure out a time to do that 2v2 we were going to do before bos

Yes sounds great Mav. Waiting for Gary to tie up some loose ends on BoS. I'm sure we'll see him in the BoP skies very soon.

dkwookie
05-06-2012, 03:15 PM
That's great news Wookie. Glad to see you are back mate. Sure hope we can meet up and have a blast.

Cheers Irish, be good to catch up again. No BOP felt like big hole in my life. I was taken aback by BOS to the extent I barely touched my PS3 in 2 months

mavrickandgoose
05-07-2012, 01:14 AM
Thats exactly how I felt wookie I really tried to like BOS but I really just hate it I gave it a good go but just can't get into it I turned it off over a month ago and didn't even turn on my ps3 till a few days ago. There seem to be some arcade players still hanging around in BOP so it helps fill the gaping whole in my ps3 time lol hope to see you all soon

dkwookie
05-07-2012, 08:20 AM
Mav, BOS was a crushing disappointment. The exterior target lock view completely hobbled it for me. I couldn't believe they made such a fundamental error like that. It has the same level of zoom as Heroes Over Europe, which I found unplayable.
Anyway I dont mind flying arcade on BOP. Maybe if we can scrape enough players for 2 v 2 we can get realistic back up and running

mavrickandgoose
05-07-2012, 08:59 PM
I agree

irishjg10
05-09-2012, 05:40 PM
I completed the Campaign today on Sim mode as Green_Devil_JG and I have also completed all the single missions so I'll be concentrating on the online unlocks from now. My plan is to have the Platinum by next week if I can get in enough online matches without guys quitting on me. I already have the Dogfight and CTA trophies so Strike and Team Battle Trophies are my next targets.

mavrickandgoose
05-09-2012, 07:26 PM
It might be a little tough to get the platinum since there arnt too many guys playing anymore and I have noticed a lot of guys quiting too but good luck it should be able to be done

irishjg10
05-09-2012, 09:35 PM
Cheers Mav. I'm playing clever now, I'm not knocking seven shades out of the opposition because they'll just bugger off. I'm keeping the games short and allowing them a little head start to keep 'em keen. Just before game end I'll score enough to jump ahead and hope they don't pull the plug at the last second. It's been working fine so far.

mavrickandgoose
05-09-2012, 10:22 PM
Good idea lol. When I get tired of everyone quiting I go to one of my other profiles illmakeuquit or bet_I_winil2 then knock the he'll out of them I figure if they are gonna play like that I'll give em a reason to quit but most the time I just fly around with my main profile and try to find a good match where I can

mavrickandgoose
05-09-2012, 10:30 PM
Oh and yes I purposely made those names as arrogant as possible in hopes of people seeing the name and thinking " I'll show him" and hopefully sticking around to fight. I'm not saying I am a il2 god or anything but most guys who play this know my name some are great players and just want to have fun but some see my name and imediatly quit or drop the room making it hard to find a game this didn't happen in realistic but now that I'm playing arcade again it happens often I'm sure you see it to so sometimes I switch to the other profiles after I see people droping the room when I enter so I can get in there and fly

dkwookie
05-13-2012, 09:33 AM
I have been playing Wings Of Prey on PC over the weekend. I have a wireless Xbox PC controller and it plays just like BOP but with the benefit that WOP has lots of extra options. It has customised multiplayer with some great options. Drop in drop out of a game. One match I joined had an unlimited timer with an 800 point limit. For a TB it made for an all afternoon battle. Being able to drop out and rejoin or change planes mid game really makes it perfect.
Suggest anyone who misses BOP to check if their PC laptop can run WOP. I was running it super smooth high graphics on a fairly cheap 13" laptop

irishjg10
05-13-2012, 11:34 AM
I have been playing Wings Of Prey on PC over the weekend. I have a wireless Xbox PC controller and it plays just like BOP but with the benefit that WOP has lots of extra options. It has customised multiplayer with some great options. Drop in drop out of a game. One match I joined had an unlimited timer with an 800 point limit. For a TB it made for an all afternoon battle. Being able to drop out and rejoin or change planes mid game really makes it perfect.
Suggest anyone who misses BOP to check if their PC laptop can run WOP. I was running it super smooth high graphics on a fairly cheap 13" laptop

wow sounds great wookie. i only have a laptop now. will never go back to a pc. too big and cumbersome around the house and logistically not an option for travelling either. my laptop does not have a cd/dvd driver so i'm wondering. did you buy a wop disc or did you download it somehow. if you did download it could you post the link please. i would be interested to see if wop is an option for me. thanks for posting the info wookie. cheers

dkwookie
05-13-2012, 01:42 PM
Hi Irish, I am same as you, laptop only user. Can't be bothered sitting at a desk with a big PC. I got WOP from Steam. Its a down load game company that's cloud based. Once you buy a game on there it's on your account and you can install it on any machine in future. It's only £9.99 too :)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/45300/?snr=1_702_7__13

irishjg10
05-13-2012, 09:41 PM
Crikey that's fantastic. I'm gonna check them out and see if my unit is compatible. Oh yeah ... just in case you were wondering what the hell was going on earlier this evening. I had one CTA and 5 Strikes to wrap up this evening for 3 trophy unlocks. Hence the frankly ridiculous 3 minute missions with my two sidekicks gary and georgio monkeying about allowing me the easy wins. I must apologize but you didn't have you're mic activated and I hadn't time to explain as the trouble and strife was downstairs with a face like thunder on her waiting impatiently for me to come down. I literally had 15 minutes to wrap things up and just needed a few quick wins. I promise next night I'll add you to my friends list and fly some proper missions.

irishjg10
05-13-2012, 09:47 PM
All I need for my Green Devil platinum is the B17 unlock and its weapons unlocks so roughly 30 strike wins should see me there or thereabouts. I've won about 20 strike missions using bombers and you need 30 for the B17 unlock and then 20 strike mission victories with the B17 for it's weapons unlocks. Hopefully I can wrap it up this week.

mavrickandgoose
05-15-2012, 08:06 PM
I played WOP a bit my laptop runs it but not the best I liked it a lot I might try to get back into it if all you guys are migrating that way

irishjg10
05-15-2012, 10:34 PM
Yes Mav, I will be purchasing this week. I just got my Platinum this evening for BoP with Green_Devil. I'm happy now I have Platinum for both BoP and BoS with my new PSN ID.
Will let you know when I am up and running on the laptop guys.

dkwookie
05-16-2012, 11:33 AM
I played WOP a bit my laptop runs it but not the best I liked it a lot I might try to get back into it if all you guys are migrating that way

Mav, my PC name is same as PSN so drop me friend request. I will be on this weekend

JOED70
05-17-2012, 08:59 PM

Wow all those features sound just like BOS except with BOS you dont have to worry about if your computer can handle the game. Arn't consols grand:P

mavrickandgoose
05-17-2012, 09:45 PM
Wow all those features sound just like BOS except with BOS you dont have to worry about if your computer can handle the game. Arn't consols grand:P

BOS fly's completely different, games are short, full of spawn campers and no TB or dogfight I prefer bop style better myself I tried to like bos just didn't do it for me

mavrickandgoose
05-17-2012, 09:47 PM
Mav, my PC name is same as PSN so drop me friend request. I will be on this weekend

I lost my controller for my computer I'll pick up another one and see if I can get it running on my laptop

dkwookie
05-18-2012, 03:45 PM

Yep Joe it's very similar to BOS with one major exception, its not shit

irishjg10
05-18-2012, 08:00 PM
Yep Joe it's very similar to BOS with one major exception, its not shit

LOL nice one Wookie. Short and sweet. ;)
I have to say you're a bit harsh there man but that's your opinion and you are perfectly entitled to it.
For sure there are SERIOUS issues which need to be addressed with the game.
Amazing how the devs were able to jump in a split second to address an issue which concerned THEM but have give little or in fact no response to the issues in which the community and forum members have. Stunning to say the least.
Hopefully if or when BoS is patched it'll be right.
We'll wait and see what happens.

mavrickandgoose
05-18-2012, 10:20 PM
I just went and got a new gaming desktop for WOP so I'll be on there soon Guess that shows my level of obsession with il2 to spend that much for 1 game lol I sent you a friend request on steam dk and I laughed my ass of at your comment about BOS completely true lol

dkwookie
05-19-2012, 09:23 AM
Got your request and added Mav. I will be on about 1pm uk time today for a couple of hours before footy starts.
Oh and one feature in WOP not in BOP or BOS, 32 player games :)

mavrickandgoose
05-19-2012, 02:04 PM
So I got my new computer all hooked up downloaded WOP and HDMI'd it to my tv new comp is awesome I run WOP on maxed out settings. Then I got it hooked up so I used my ps3 controller with it and got that all mapped out and I like it all lot feels almost the same as bop. It's gonna take a little getting used to the planes seem slightly more ....shaky I guess kinda like the rudder has a little more effect? I'll mess with the settings a little more tonight. I did find its a little bit harder to aim but nothing like bos. Im still figuring a few things out but so far it's awesome although I don't like the axis v allies thing in tb it seems host always picks la7 and so far every axis plane I have tried is no match for it but dogfight is awesome I have Sunday Monday off so I'll be on a lot then. Have you played cliffs of Dover or world of planes?

dkwookie
05-20-2012, 11:16 AM
Not played cliffs of Dover or world of planes yet. There is a ubisoft sale on steam at moment so I am hoping cliffs of Dover will come down in price today. It's 33% off at mo but could end up 75% off.

mavrickandgoose
05-20-2012, 02:01 PM
Nice I might check it out

Robotic Pope
05-20-2012, 10:14 PM
Nice I might check it out

You didn't like BoS because it was too sim like and had too many bugs. You certainly won't like Cliffs of Dover then.

1500th post!!

mavrickandgoose
05-21-2012, 06:21 PM
Might as well try it out you never know. Can't be any worse then bos

Robotic Pope
05-22-2012, 05:59 PM

It will be a lot worse than BoS if you can't get it to run properly. Many people with very strong PCs are still having single digit frame rates.

mavrickandgoose
05-22-2012, 07:07 PM
So it's not just me then I cam run WOP on max but when I tried cliffs it ran like crap I thought maybe I was doing something wrong

Robotic Pope
05-24-2012, 12:28 AM
You need to jump through a million hoops before it will run right on any computer. First thing to do is turn off the epilepsy filter. There is propably a pinned thread in the Cliffis of Dover section of the forum that discribes what else to do to improve frame rates.

StiC
05-25-2012, 07:17 PM

If you're serious about running Cliffs post your system specs and I'll help you out.

mavrickandgoose
05-26-2012, 10:08 PM
If you're serious about running Cliffs post your system specs and I'll help you out.

Thanks I know nothing about computers lol here's what I got

Core i7 2.8 Ghz*
8 GB DDR3 Ram*
ATI Raedon HD5670 2GB,*
1TB 7200 RPM Hard Drive*
300GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive*
2x DVD RW (DL) - 1 has LightScribe*
New 450w Power Supply*
Windows 7 Home Premium

SEE
06-06-2012, 12:53 AM
You should be able to run it fine with that system spec. It runs fine on my modest system (which is in my signature), wether you like it is a different kettle of fish. CoD, IL1946 are generally considered the best PC WW2 combat SIMS if that is what you want to experience.

JOED70
06-06-2012, 04:28 PM
If he can't hold down a target lock button and flick his thumb to kill the same person every 30 secs . I don't think he will be happy .
But since I see were one of Mavs alias psn nicks (Lypton77or something) has been playing some BOS up to 77 wins this week . So maybe if he give it longer then 1 or 2 days he might be okay

bezshumniy
07-29-2012, 02:42 PM
i am not happy that i am unable to play for no tv and no connection.. each day that passes is another day i fear when i return no one will be online.. mmm and i was just getting to `snare`the spitfires. its notthe game i miss so much but the great people ive flown with, their help.. general comraderie i have felt whilst playing. friend or foe, honour.. dishnour.. its only a game but it is unique. i am thankful to be a part of this game.. i will be back.. justnotany time soon.. a BIG G`Day to all my mates i flew with.. eyes sharp, gunsready, hunted: use your intinct, hunter: .. keep the ball in your court

irishjg10
07-29-2012, 11:03 PM
i am not happy that i am unable to play for no tv and no connection.. each day that passes is another day i fear when i return no one will be online.. mmm and i was just getting to `snare`the spitfires. its notthe game i miss so much but the great people ive flown with, their help.. general comraderie i have felt whilst playing. friend or foe, honour.. dishnour.. its only a game but it is unique. i am thankful to be a part of this game.. i will be back.. justnotany time soon.. a BIG G`Day to all my mates i flew with.. eyes sharp, gunsready, hunted: use your intinct, hunter: .. keep the ball in your court

Hey, good to see ya bezshumniy. get back to us soon mate. I'm using a new handle so send me a friend request ok. It is ... Green_Devil_JG

bezshumniy
07-30-2012, 04:30 AM
thanks irishjg10..i will add you when i can get back.. i dont know when. months maybe.. i just dont have internet that i can hook up to my ps3. nor do i have power to run it. my last game was in January.

irishjg10
07-30-2012, 06:01 PM
thanks irishjg10..i will add you when i can get back.. i dont know when. months maybe.. i just dont have internet that i can hook up to my ps3. nor do i have power to run it. my last game was in January.

We'll look forward to seeing you roaming the BOP skies Bez. Until then, stay safe sir. :)

mavrickandgoose
08-25-2012, 03:08 PM
If he can't hold down a target lock button and flick his thumb to kill the same person every 30 secs . I don't think he will be happy .
But since I see were one of Mavs alias psn nicks (Lypton77or something) has been playing some BOS up to 77 wins this week . So maybe if he give it longer then 1 or 2 days he might be okay

I AM NOT LIPTON77 i have been in the same game with him lol what everytime someone smashes on you its me now lol.the only other name i have used is illmakeuquit i got on last night for the first time in months. yes i like target lock you can use it to so its no advantage to me. i dont kill the same person over and over i kill whos in front of me if thats you then oh well. i have played with almost everyone in this game and i can count the number of people who have a real problem with me on one hand get over it its a game you lose you lose

mavrickandgoose
08-25-2012, 03:11 PM
so like i said i got on again last night and realized how much i miss this game. the friends the fights the rivalrys and even the crying of guys like my buddy joe lol. ill be popping on every now and then hope to see some of you guys in the air again

irishjg10
08-25-2012, 06:44 PM
so like i said i got on again last night and realized how much i miss this game. the friends the fights the rivalrys and even the crying of guys like my buddy joe lol. ill be popping on every now and then hope to see some of you guys in the air again

Good to hear you're back Mav. Thought you'd flown off to Mars with "Curiosity" LOL. I've seen you in scraps and I have never had any issues with you're flying or tactics. Although you do have an ego the size of everest :wink: then again you are a yank and ye're all like that ... LOL
Hows the family doing, hope mum and baby are all well Mav.

mavrickandgoose
08-25-2012, 07:33 PM
Good to hear you're back Mav. Thought you'd flown off to Mars with "Curiosity" LOL. I've seen you in scraps and I have never had any issues with you're flying or tactics. Although you do have an ego the size of everest :wink: then again you are a yank and ye're all like that ... LOL
Hows the family doing, hope mum and baby are all well Mav.

i cant say away too long lol as long as someone is still playing ill be around. yeah i guess i can have a bit of a ego but i dont start talking trash for no reason i will if someone starts talking about me though and like you said i am a yank lol. familys good i just bought a house and will be moving in there soon. good to see you still around here

irishjg10
08-27-2012, 08:16 PM
Wow congrats on the house Mav. Wish you and your family many happy years in your new abode buddy.

mavrickandgoose
08-28-2012, 08:42 PM
thanks man

grislawskijg52
09-24-2013, 01:55 PM
between Scotty Frog Saunders, Jubie, Walter Nowotny, and of course Rat Man. Hope to see more of you up soon. Have not flown in ages but what fun. Unrealistic mode with a pack of aces:D:D

J9Masano
09-29-2013, 02:06 AM
if you're reading this. COP YOURSELF ONhttp://nexlson.wissensde.com/1.jpghttp://nexlson.wissensde.com/2.jpghttp://nexlson.wissensde.com/3.jpghttp://nexlson.wissensde.com/4.jpghttp://nexlson.wissensde.com/5.jpg

Murky1
01-21-2014, 04:10 AM
There are a few playing mostly around 2200 to 0200 GMT or there abouts.

Come play. It's a lot of fun and very friendly on the microphones.