PDA

View Full Version : Launching in Steam

stendec
04-26-2012, 05:31 PM
Every time I launch CloD in Steam it triggers a Windows7 UAC prompt for Steam Client Service. When I click yes Steam shows a small window saying "Performing first time setup- Installing Microsoft VC Redist Package" for a few seconds before the game launches.

The game launches and runs fine after this but Steam does this UAC and "first time setup" thing every time I launch the game and is a bit annoying. Any ideas why this is occurring? Verifying Cache does not fix it.

Would a re install work? Can I do this by backing up the game files, uninstalling, pasting the game files back into steamapps folder then installing again?

The game itself is absolutely incredible by the way!

Madfish
04-28-2012, 11:01 PM
It's odd you mention this. I've been wondering about this myself but strangely not in the case of CloD.

I also have some games that show the same behavior. Guess I'll have to do some research on the web - usually I thought it's the fault of the game but it could also be a Steam issue or something with the redistributable packages not being installed properly.

Maybe it's linked to this: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=31203
I will try it out later if I find the game that had those issues.

David198502
05-01-2012, 10:03 AM
this has to do with the net.framework i think...
if you uninstall it from the games folder, and reinstall it, then this issue is solved..

stendec
05-02-2012, 12:19 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, tried various things including reinstalling all the stuff in the redist folder but the problem persists.

David198502
05-02-2012, 07:13 AM
you have to download the net.framework thing from a different source, and delete the one in the steam folder completely...
do not use the one in the gamefolder to reinstall, but paste the new downloaded file into the redist folder and install it then...worked for me if i remember right.

norsk2277
05-20-2012, 08:53 PM
I have same problem! can you explain in more detail of how to fix this problem?

Tone71
05-24-2012, 04:56 PM
I have this problem too but isn't vcredist.exe related to the C++ library, not net.framework? Anyway, I tried downloading and running the latest version but it said it was already on my computer!