PDA

View Full Version : Do people buy every available item?

trentjaspar
04-24-2012, 03:22 PM
I've heard several folks say how much gold doesn't matter, that it's plentiful, that they had X-million gold at the end of the game, etc.

Further, with the Trade skill maxed (total of 6 mind runes, cake for a Paladin), you can sell items at 100% of value.

It seems like one should buy all items one encounters for several reasons:
- If you divorce, wives only get 20% of liquid assets, not property. Too bad it's not like that in real life. :)
- If you need cash, you can simply sell un-needed items.
- Inventory is infinite, and there may be situations where a given, specialized item is better for a particular fight or army make-up.
- You never have to back-track to see if there's an item that helps with XYZ; if there is, you'd already have it.

Obviously you can't buy all items as soon as you start the game, but it seems like, say, once you leave Darion for the first time, you should buy all of its items.

For non-Paladins, I'm not sure this practice makes sense, at least initially. Maybe a little later in the game, though?

Thoughts?

Fatt_Shade
04-24-2012, 05:46 PM
You`re thoughts for buying items are solid, in AP/CW even better since there upgrading neatness skill gives you crystals and runes destroying items , highly needed later in game.
As you play original the Legend divorce takes 20% which can be allot late game, but depends how often you change wives (if you screw around, you should lose all you`re gold :-P ). But For huge amounts of gold you gather during game, best solution is buying runes at Tibold dwarf prince because only other choice is buy units/items. Here you cant buy leadership, experiance, permanent bonus to stats, or rage/mana. All other things in game are for limited time usage , so hoarding gold is useless.

trentjaspar
04-24-2012, 05:55 PM
Thanks Mr. Shade. Yeah I guess I'll go buy the few items I skipped-- including every mana potion. At 500 gp, why not?

I bypassed Rina and married Faenora, and hope to stick with her awhile (using Fire Spiders and Royal Snakes with Frog Faenora and Jade Belt (+1 initiative and +50% dmg to spiders). I'm sure I'll need to upgrade at some point...maybe she can take me as far as Xeona...?