PDA

View Full Version : RECORD 10 launcher crashes in a 3 hour session

Hooves
04-22-2012, 06:12 AM
Please I have tried Clearing the cache, restarting the game, doing a rain dance, got a voodoo doll, paid a gypsy to cast a spell on the launcher, had my head shrunk, then enlarged again, sprinkled pixie dust on my PC (which turned out to be sand, law suit to that pixie being filed), I have 28 rabbits feet dangling everywhere, I have my lucky underpants on (3 weeks and counting), renamed my son, "Lucky Number 7", I have 7 tattoos of the number 7 on my body, have a 4 leaf clover patch growing in my back yard, and I been wearing this silly rally cap for 3 days.

Does anyone have any other fixes?

Wolf_Rider
04-22-2012, 06:21 AM
it looks like you may have forgotten to wait for the patch, before knowingly having gone about what you have done

Skoshi Tiger
04-22-2012, 06:28 AM
I really cant help you out, but if your looking for something to do while your waiting for the patch which, fingers crossed, be out soon can I suggest .....

http://www.vam.ac.uk/users/sites/default/files/2006ac6457_balaclava_helmet.jpg

Perfect for attaching your trackIR reflectors! ;)

Cheers!

theOden
04-22-2012, 06:33 AM
And here I was under the impression that teletubbies was a new idea?

Hooves, record holder or not :) , give us some extra info - gfx/driver/OS etc.

dragon9
04-22-2012, 06:35 AM
what are your system specs?
look at thread http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=27128

PotNoodles
04-22-2012, 07:19 AM
The bit I don't understand is that some players are saying that they are not getting these crashes, if this is correct wouldn't this then point to it been a hardware problem? Why would some get it and others not?

BTW - I wouldn't have recommended having your head shrunk and I suspect you had that reversed when you figured that you had problems placing the Trackir on your head. Ever thought of giving your computer a kicking?

Wolf_Rider
04-22-2012, 07:44 AM
http://www.rickmiller.com/images/smashPC.gif

ATAG_Bliss
04-22-2012, 07:47 AM
Lower your resolution a step down. That's what I did and hardly ever get them anymore. I do restart every sortie though. I don't touch the cache. Just restart and direct connect.

Hooves
04-22-2012, 08:18 AM
My specs

I5 2500
Gtx480 x2 not sli configured
6 gigs ddr3 1600 ram
60 gig ssd with only clod on it
Ch controls all around
Tir 5
32 inch vizio tv @ 1920x1080

All Gfx on high except for aa, using nvidia fxaa

Yeah that my headset just wouldn't adjust small enough lol.

335th_GRAthos
04-22-2012, 08:45 AM
Your machine is good, you need now to find out which are the conditions which lead to increase of the memory size of launcher.exe

I use the Core Temp widget on my screen to watch the development of RAM used.

When flying, I can see the RAM used going up and down.
Under certain conditions however, the amount of RAM will continue to increase.
In my case this happens when I fly above ground and zoom in in order to identify details on the ground, when I fly near bomber formations and zoom in in order to aim better and pieces fall off the bombers.

In general, when the amount of VRAM usage on your GPU is at 99% percent, the more likely it is that the size of launcher.exe will start increasing.

A good solution that worked for me was lowering a lot of ground details grass, shadows etc.
The less ground details you have, the less is to be loaded thus the least "memory usage".

I got used to monitor my RAM usage more often than I monitor my fuel gauge. Watch the RAM size before starting an attack, watch the RAM size before deciding to continue or break off an engagement (I fly Bf109 so I have the luxury to decide when to to stay and when to leave), watch the RAM size in order to decide whether to linger above enemy space or return to base, etc...
It works well and I rarely had a CTD while in action.
Needless to say, after each mission, I quit and restart launcher.exe

I hope this helps while waiting for the patch.

~S~

15.Span_Valalo
04-22-2012, 09:20 AM
same here. 4 or 5 crashed launcher in 2 ours...

klem
04-22-2012, 09:43 AM
My specs

I5 2500
Gtx480 x2 not sli configured
6 gigs ddr3 1600 ram
60 gig ssd with only clod on it
Ch controls all around
Tir 5
32 inch vizio tv @ 1920x1080

All Gfx on high except for aa, using nvidia fxaa

Yeah that my headset just wouldn't adjust small enough lol.

Try this from another thread..
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=413118&postcount=80

SSAO, Forest, Buildings and Grass will be hammering your GPU.

1900 resolution also steps the problems up considerably- if the linked settings don't make enough improvement try 1680x1050 and let your monitor upscale to native resolution.

Yes we know it shouldn't be that bad but the patch is coming.........

28_Condor
04-22-2012, 07:08 PM
Use MemoryBooter (Rizonesoft), help a lot to eliminate memory leaks

Attila
04-22-2012, 08:17 PM
Please I have tried Clearing the cache, restarting the game, doing a rain dance, got a voodoo doll, paid a gypsy to cast a spell on the launcher, had my head shrunk, then enlarged again, sprinkled pixie dust on my PC (which turned out to be sand, law suit to that pixie being filed), I have 28 rabbits feet dangling everywhere, I have my lucky underpants on (3 weeks and counting), renamed my son, "Lucky Number 7", I have 7 tattoos of the number 7 on my body, have a 4 leaf clover patch growing in my back yard, and I been wearing this silly rally cap for 3 days.

Does anyone have any other fixes?

my secret recipe: before playing, you have to fart on the PC 3 times!:cool:

Chivas
04-22-2012, 10:14 PM
The bit I don't understand is that some players are saying that they are not getting these crashes, if this is correct wouldn't this then point to it been a hardware problem? Why would some get it and others not?

BTW - I wouldn't have recommended having your head shrunk and I suspect you had that reversed when you figured that you had problems placing the Trackir on your head. Ever thought of giving your computer a kicking?

The CTD's and Launcher exe problems are mainly a game optimization problem, but many people with highly optimized systems aren't having the problem. I've never had a CTD or Launcher exe problem, but my system is not only relatively strong, but it's highly optimized, and only used to run COD.

Insuber
04-22-2012, 10:25 PM
Offliners don't get ctd's as frequently as us onliners, iirc.

cebit
04-23-2012, 01:14 AM
The CTD's and Launcher exe problems are mainly a game optimization problem, but many people with highly optimized systems aren't having the problem. I've never had a CTD or Launcher exe problem, but my system is not only relatively strong, but it's highly optimized, and only used to run COD.

Do you like many others restart game after each sortie, maybe delete cache folder to???
I don't restart mine every time, and feel shouln't need to either.
Did it usually after a few (depending how long lasted), and varied widely how long worked without finally CTD-ing.

Guess my system is somwhere above mid range and think got it fairly fine optimized.

Chivas
04-23-2012, 02:07 AM
Do you like many others restart game after each sortie, maybe delete cache folder to???
I don't restart mine every time, and feel shouln't need to either.
Did it usually after a few (depending how long lasted), and varied widely how long worked without finally CTD-ing.

Guess my system is somwhere above mid range and think got it fairly fine optimized.

I never restart or delete cache folder. I have a seperate SSD that I only keep a copy of Windows 7 64bit, and COD installed. I have to boot to that particular SSD when I want to fly but that only takes seconds, and then I fly for hours without a problem. With everything set HIGH @ 1920x1080.

cebit
04-23-2012, 02:50 AM
Glad to hear it workes nice for atleast some of us then Chivas :)

Insuber
04-23-2012, 05:40 AM
I never restart or delete cache folder. I have a seperate SSD that I only keep a copy of Windows 7 64bit, and COD installed. I have to boot to that particular SSD when I want to fly but that only takes seconds, and then I fly for hours without a problem. With everything set HIGH @ 1920x1080.

Online?

Chivas
04-23-2012, 07:09 AM
Online?
Yes