PDA

View Full Version : the BOsses!

Razorflame
04-04-2012, 12:53 AM
I was wondering wether there will come some new bosses
or some recycled ones
or none at all xD

and preferably what amount of bosses will aprox appear in WOTN?

I hope there will be more than KB:AP
since BOS fights are fun to do and more challenging and less grinding that killing all wandering stacks

and maybe implement some dual boss battle where u will have to fight of vs 2 bosses at the same time (A) epicness :D

Mandea
04-04-2012, 06:29 AM
oh yeah, two bosses simoultaneously would be epic.

ckdamascus
04-11-2012, 08:29 PM
oh yeah, two bosses simoultaneously would be epic.

If by epic you mean epic pain in the butt... sure. :)

Can you imagine dealing with resurrecting everything for no-loss?!? ARGGGH

Fatt_Shade
04-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Resurrecting ?
Solution : dont lose units :-P Import Maelstrom 5th lvl human from Red sands exteme mod and you wont lose any unit = no resurrecting.
Joking aside, it would be nice to have at least some kind of comparing with other players : something like death match , you and friend got same gold, runes, and unit pick and spend you`re resources and then fight to try each other strategies . . . No matter how hard you set game, AI is still predictable :-(

Mandea
04-12-2012, 05:53 AM
If by epic you mean epic pain in the butt... sure. :)

Can you imagine dealing with resurrecting everything for no-loss?!? ARGGGH

Yes I can, but because I don't play no-loss I don't care. It would still be epic. Fighting 2 bosses simoultaneously and not losing 1 single unit is wrong game design for me.

Totoro
04-13-2012, 09:18 AM
The game should be impossible to finish without losses. In fact, there should be a lot of losses so players would have to use also weaker units in lack of better units.

Fatt_Shade
04-13-2012, 11:44 AM
@Toturo I cant agree with you on this. Almost every game ever made have more than 1 way to be played. So going through playing casual : with losses, trying other strategies/builds . . . Here many ppl talk about no loss/impossible and they ideas, and more than that number rummage around reading and using that information for their game. So far i think normal/hard difficulty players mostly post their questions, and when they encounter problems like i started. But impos diff players posts new ideas, and build options, challenges . . . So no loss is just personal choice , not obligation.
And you`re idea that player have to use weak units, why is there resurrection/revive/dragons and other things that make no loss possible. Even no loss/impos players have problems going through game with absolute no kiting/SGscanner and working only with things on you`re disposal.

Totoro
04-13-2012, 06:26 PM
@ fatt shade

I don't really care about records so I never aim for 100% no loss but I lose very few units in fights and that's why I never end up using weaker units cause I hardly ever lose my stronger units.

The fact that there are so many weaker units available bothers me cause I never have to buy them. I would find the game more interesting if I was forced to use them.

Fatt_Shade
04-14-2012, 02:20 AM
Final score have nothing to do with losses during game, and in my opinion it`s to simple. It takes in consideration hero lvl, quests, and days spend playing. There is no pet dragon lvl, or battles fought, or anything related to play style. They should modify final score formula.
And about using weaker unit, there is benefits for them : guardsmen gives +1 moral to archer/swordsmen , royal griffin +1 moral to humans/elves , rune mage +1moral to mage type units , dryad and ents +1 moral . . . So there are bonuses to use certain combo of units, only thing is do you want to, or not.
Also orcs have nice combo : goblin shaman recrute goblin/catapult , ogre recrute orcs , for every blood shaman in you`re army orc chieftain spirit strike gain +1 astral dmg.
I like what dev`s did in Crossworlds for orc race , but making new beneficial relations in WotN would be great : royal snakes give some bonus to other snakes and poison spiders , royal thorns to thorn warrior/hunter , ancient ent to other plants , etc.
There are many things they can change in, but there will always be some ppl that like those ideas, and some at dont like them. And there modding comes in play :-) Open editor, and with some patience and effort, you can make yourself almost anything in this game. So until WotN, have fun ppl :-)

rickah88
04-15-2012, 03:33 AM
If the devs really wanted to put an end to "no loss" excursions, they could easily add a quest where you have to sacrifice one/some troop(s) in order to finish the game.
I guess then people would be talking about "no losses" sans that particular quest. :neutral:

namad
11-01-2012, 07:26 AM
If the devs really wanted to put an end to "no loss" excursions, they could easily add a quest where you have to sacrifice one/some troop(s) in order to finish the game.
I guess then people would be talking about "no losses" sans that particular quest. :neutral:

psychic much? heh

Bhruic
11-01-2012, 10:20 AM
The fact that there are so many weaker units available bothers me cause I never have to buy them. I would find the game more interesting if I was forced to use them.

I actually agree with this. The wide unit variety is only nice in theory, because it's irrelevant when you can simply select the best ones. There are dozens of units I've never used and likely never will use simply because they are inferior to other units that are available. When I got to the human lands for example, I immediately loaded up on Inquistors, Paladins, Bowmen (mediocre, but I like ranged), Rune Mages and Horsemen. Sure, I could have got the Devilfish. Or the Dragonflies. Or the Thorn Hunters. But they are so obviously weaker that it wouldn't have made much sense to do so (although if I'd kept the Paladins/Inquistors I probably could have resurrected enough to make them work).

That's actually one of the things I did enjoy about the early islands, I was forced to use units that weren't necessarily the best the game had available. It made it more challenging because I couldn't rely on my typical strategies and had to adopt new ones.

Unfortunately, I doubt there's a way they could implement that as a "game feature" without annoying too many people. We've already got lots of complaints about the lack of unit selection in the early game.