PDA

View Full Version : Il2 Cliffs of dover demo somewhere?

nic727
04-01-2012, 07:17 PM
Hi,

Do you know if I can download a demo of this game to view if I can run it?
If it's one mission it will be ok.

THX

5./JG27.Farber
04-02-2012, 12:07 AM
I didnt think there was a demo. Never heard of that site. Not really sure about that... :confused:

Troll2k
04-02-2012, 02:39 AM
I have never heard of a demo.I too have never heard of that site.

However I have heard(or read) that FLT(Fairlight) has hacked the DRM of various games.

Raggz
04-02-2012, 09:46 AM
That's not a demo. It's a pirated copy. Link should be removed!

nic727
04-02-2012, 01:54 PM
ok thx for your information, but I hope they will create a demo.

Raggz
04-02-2012, 03:50 PM
ok thx for your information, but I hope they will create a demo.

You should edit the first post and remove the link before the ban-hammer arrives :P
i wouldn't download that one. One never know what kind of culprits being put in it.

nic727
04-02-2012, 03:53 PM
I do that.

But it's not hard to do a demo. You just take the menu of the game and you put the training mission and one combat mission. Just that.

Someone can do that, if you know how to do or I have to wait for 1C???

Luftwaffepilot
04-02-2012, 08:16 PM
I do that.

But it's not hard to do a demo. You just take the menu of the game and you put the training mission and one combat mission. Just that.

Someone can do that, if you know how to do or I have to wait for 1C???

You will wait your a** off. There certainly won't be a demo. Go and watch some videos on youtube and read the forum.
The game is bugged, unoptimised but there is at least a little hope we get the long awaited patch in the next weeks. It will hopefully polish some of the crap that came with the release. So if your unsure whether you can run the game, wait till the patch is out and people have tested it on their rigs.

nic727
04-02-2012, 11:13 PM
I watch the video on youtube, but I can't buy the game in my city and country (Canada) and I'm a teen and I can't buy this game by website like ebay, amazon, etc.

I just want to know if I will be able to run the game with my laptop Intel HD Graphic 1st generation. I run Il2 1946 wihtout mod v.4.11 and I have no lag and I think I run this game at 50-60 fps or more. I just don't have Antialiasing:(
I just want to test...

Watch my other post in technical discussion to view that I have all requierement, but my graphic card just not figure in the list of possibility and I don't know if it will work.
If I can play in low, I will play in low. I just want to have game.

Volksieg
04-03-2012, 04:46 PM
I just took a look at the other thread of yours.....

Personal opinion? Not a snowball's chance in hell. :D You will definitely need to get a graphics card to even run this in low I'm afraid.

Unfortunately, until the much touted graphics patch is released, the system requirements are to be ignored as I had a hell of a time getting my PC to run CloD and I do meet the requirements..... yet I am running it far better (Apart from when there are too many planes in the air and those darned particles!) than some people with machines that make my PC look like a BBC Micro.

Anyway.... you can pick up CloD by asking an adult to charge it to their card and you just hand them the cash. If you downloaded a pirate copy to use as a "Demo" you are, not only on serious dodgy ground morally but also legally and, apart from that, you won't have access to any of the patches...... believe me..... you see some of the moaning on this forum now! Trust me... release day CloD was a living nightmare so you wouldn't get any indication of how the game runs anyway. :D You will also, as has been mentioned above, be opening yourself up to all kinds of nasty malware etc....... Simply not worth the potential fallout.

nic727
04-03-2012, 08:09 PM
I have three possibility:

1. Install the game on my bad laptop and try with patch.
2. Install the game on the good computer in my house, but I without patch, cause my father.
3. Convince my parent to buy another laptop (Alienware) at 1000$.

Volksieg
04-03-2012, 08:45 PM
Choice 4) Shop around and build your own desktop for less than the Alienware laptop giving you more space for future upgrading. : )

I don't know the price of components where you are but my rig was bought as is and cost £500 a few years ago and the graphics card, which was added more recently, cost me £75. I'm fairly confident, once the patch is out, that it will run CloD pretty well (Though not at full graphics. Believe it or not, Medium settings look pretty nice!). The equivalent of mine nowadays would cost an awful lot less and, in fact, even cheaper if built from scratch.... that applies to PCs that would trample all over my one as well :)

If you shop smartly, you should be able to build a good enough machine for a really reasonable amount of cash..... with the added bonus of being able to just pop a great graphics card in once you have a job (I'm assuming you don't have one at the mo.)

nic727
04-03-2012, 08:53 PM
The problem is that I don't have the space for a desktop PC and I don't know how to build one from scratch. I prefer to buy one.
it's too complicated the life with laptop and computer in general:confused:

Volksieg
04-03-2012, 11:55 PM
You would be surprised just how easy they are to construct. Can't help you with the space requirements, of course. lol The thing is... they don't really take up that much room.... I had a friend who lived in his brother's attic, surrounded by boxes and old furniture and he managed to fit a PC in there somehow. It was quite funny watching him hunched up in the corner like Quasimodo trying to play Oblivion. :D

The other thing about space.... (And I know there are some who will disagree with me here)..... please tell me you aren't planning on playing this with a Hotas Joystick? :D

nic727
04-04-2012, 12:04 AM
Joystick for what?

I have already a cheap and old joystick for Il2 1946 without force feedback.
But playing Skyrim with Joystick:rolleyes:

I found that on internet.
http://www.amazon.com/Dell-X17L-2250SLV-17-Inch-Laptop-Elemental/dp/B006LX2PXK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333499319&sr=8-1

It's not enought money and I can have directx 11 with Geforce GTX 525m.
I think I will be able to play a lot of game with that during the next 5 years.

Luftwaffepilot
04-04-2012, 11:54 AM
I found that on internet.
http://www.amazon.com/Dell-X17L-2250SLV-17-Inch-Laptop-Elemental/dp/B006LX2PXK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333499319&sr=8-1

It's not enought money and I can have directx 11 with Geforce GTX 525m.
I think I will be able to play a lot of game with that during the next 5 years.

Please don't do that. Laptops are not made for serious gaming and ofcourse not for simulations that have twice the requirement of Call of duty for instance. For that amount of money, please, get your room issues solved and build a pc from scratch. I'm sure there are lot of people, including me, that can help you and to be honest it's very very easy. Every cable and screw has it's counterpart. You actually can't do anything wrong. Don't buy laptop for gaming, pls. ;)
In the long run, you'll come out cheaper with a real pc cause you can upgrade everytime you like and don't have to buy a complete laptop everytime.

Volksieg
04-05-2012, 01:46 AM
^ This man speaks sense :)

Whatever you choose to do in the end, I make one request of you......

Fly German! Only German! :D There is only one thing in this world that is worse than using a laptop for gaming..... and that is Spitfires. :D

Nephris
04-06-2012, 12:35 AM
I guess you just fear a bit to build a pc system from scratch ,as u never did before. Take it as a banter "Notebooks are for Office only". Of course you can play several games, but at the end you pay double for less power in the box.

However, if you think you have space probs in your room (wasnt canada the country with the wide open areas and Japan the one where to live in boxes...?)consider to get a cube e.g. by Lian Li, who produce very compact cases. Invest once around 800€ and you will be fine the next 3-4 yrs.

Kiss your idea of gaming, on a notebook with joy, goodbye.
I got my first PC by a supermarket offer almost 20yrs ago.
After it I got me a Dell Inspiron, which was double price, and i expected it to be double that powerfull, you cant imagine what much I regreted my decision.

On topic, you dont need a demo for Clodo, if you like Il2 , you will like Clodo, but Clodo just needs a bit time though.
For hardware testing reasons, I can tell ya your noty wont make it, for you to play with fun & joy.

5./JG27.Farber
04-07-2012, 11:55 PM
^ This man speaks sense :)

Whatever you choose to do in the end, I make one request of you......

Fly German! Only German! :D There is only one thing in this world that is worse than using a laptop for gaming..... and that is Spitfires. :D

+1

Osprey
04-09-2012, 02:32 PM
All things considered we have a few Germans in our crew who love Spitfires ;) It takes all sorts.....

@ Volkseig, did you see/consider my reply to this?

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=30915

Volksieg
04-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Just seen it! Cheers :)