PDA

View Full Version : Shocked.

satchenko
03-14-2012, 04:07 PM
The patch can be ready in any day.
On Fridays we publish information updates about the current situation and the next game. Friday updates and patch are not connected.

But, considering negative mood of users, we can stop to publish information updates on Fridays for a while.

I simply cannot believe this. This means that the Friday info updates were a kind of gift to our patience? They really don't feel the obligation to give us this kind of information? :mad:
Incredible...

Sorry my english.

6S.Tamat
03-14-2012, 04:35 PM
EDIT:
The thread was abruptly moved to the Cristall ball one. So my polemic is pointless.
but we would have needed a crystal ball to understand where the thread finished..:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW8sGbvb9wM

I mean, perhaps is not a good way to help Blacksix in his work and to calm the people. It is not in my opinion a good way to help the developers to have a frank and direct dialogue with the customers.
If there are whiners there should be a reason; you can agree, not agree, but it is a fact.
I don't know how other people think to build trust, but in my personal point of view, that is not only not helping at all, but damaging.

Said that, if in your way of thinking for that post I deserve to be banned, please feel free to do it.

To Blacksix:
Thank you to your very difficult work, hoping that the ambient will sometimes be more clear and frank in a real way.

6S.Manu
03-14-2012, 04:36 PM
http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu174/samandbailey/Gifs/applause.gif

satchenko
03-14-2012, 04:46 PM
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii37/blasphemytucuman/joker1/Heath_Ledger_RIP_by_animewhitewolf.gif

pupo162
03-14-2012, 05:17 PM
http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Science_and_Body/Hands_and_Feet/Clapping.gif

KG26_Alpha
03-14-2012, 05:31 PM
Its quite simple.

The same questions are asked time and time again.

You will get the same answer time and time again.

Those with foresight see that its pointless keep asking the same questions time and time again

I'm sure no matter what anyone from 1C Team says, it will be misconstrued, warped, twisted into a developer bashing diatribe.

Please take time to actually read some of the threads that have your answers already in them.

Keep making new threads regarding the same question is a waste of time.

The Crystal Ball was locked (not by me)
If you see fit to create a new one I will make sure all patch request posts are collated in there so you can have a discussion all in one thread.

Thanks

PS: I've started a new Crystal Ball thread. :)

KG26_Alpha
03-14-2012, 05:40 PM
Following on from the old Crystal Ball

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=27712

Further discussions can take place here.

Where possible I will keep to the tradition of moving/collating all "where's the patch" questions, and development Q & A outside of the official Requests & Questions sticky.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28341

theOden
03-14-2012, 05:50 PM
..I'm sure no matter what anyone from 1C Team says, it will be misconstrued, warped, twisted into a developer bashing diatribe.
Doesn't happen at other forums, why only here?
I bet you think it's the unique visitors here?
Can't be anything else can it?

Product?
Plinking banjos?
divert info?

Wolf_Rider
03-14-2012, 09:07 PM
Doesn't happen at other forums, why only here?

The same thing happens on politics forums and even though this forum is a game/ sim forum and politics neutral (no actual poitical discussion allowed), it is very much so similar to politics forums in nature it isn't funny... There is no difference between the two, in except for the subject matter this forum has degenerated into a politics forum.

ParaB
03-14-2012, 09:23 PM
I'm sure no matter what anyone from 1C Team says, it will be misconstrued, warped, twisted into a developer bashing diatribe.
That's simply not true and it's just a pretext for the horrible communication between the developers and their customers in the last 12 months.

We keep asking the same old questions because Luthier simply refuses to answer them and all we've been hearing for a frickin' 12 months is "we're working hard on totally awesome stuff, be sure".

Forget about the Friday updates, they're a joke anyway. Tell Luthier to sit down an hour or two and write up a roadmap what they plan to do. Then post an update every four weeks how progress on the respective points is coming forth.

What you guys are doing here is a complete and utter travesty.

Sorry to sound so harsh, but I haven't seen such an utterly unprofessional behaviour in a long time. And basically blaming the customers for the total breakdown of communication is just the icing on the cake.

Hunden
03-14-2012, 09:37 PM
My wife could always tell what game I was playing based on the sounds coming from me (wearing headset so no game sounds audible) playing BF2 you would hear cursing, swearing and sometimes a loud crash. Playing il2 there was silence and all around pleasentness and some WoWs and look at this, and I can't believe I haven't heard of this game before. Now she thinks I'm playing BF2 when I'm just visiting these forums...................FTG please

JG52Krupi
03-14-2012, 09:38 PM
He has written a road map already tbf.

Ctrl E
03-14-2012, 09:50 PM
People are rightly angry because:

They were misled about the state of the game before its release.

They have seen several patches come and go, none of which have fixed basic problems such as AI or radio commands.

The developers appear to be putting most of their energies into developing a new game, rather than fixing the one people paid good money for (and in many cases spent thousands upgrading their PC for).

Customers are now getting only sporadic and confusing communication from the developers.

furbs
03-14-2012, 09:54 PM
Whats shocking is people actually believe that we dont "deserve" updates, as if they are a gift from Luthier.
Alpha, the questions thread is well meaning but is not answering the important questions that most of the community want answered, they just get lost in the murk.

What is wrong with asking the 10 most important questions about CLOD in one thread, sticky it, lock it after and wait for Luthier to answer it?

What can possibly be wrong with it?

Let Luthier take a week, take 2 weeks if he needs to, but answer them to his best knowledge.

Wolf_Rider
03-14-2012, 09:55 PM
That's simply not true ~

Actually... it is true

IBTL

kendo65
03-14-2012, 10:13 PM
Judging from some of the comments it seems that today may be the day the dam burst, the day the devs lost the patience of a great swathe of people who really have bent over backwards to try to be accomodating and understanding about the difficulties of getting something as complex as COD into shape.

It's been coming for weeks - B6 getting it in the neck because he couldn't give the info that people really wanted, the mods then having to adopt more and more hardline tactics to keep people in line, and finally today even that seemed to break down with threads being locked, moved, and abandoned all over the show.

Furbs is right. There is no good reason why Luthier can not give some information. This is a crisis of their own creation.

robtek
03-14-2012, 10:18 PM
Whats shocking is people actually believe that we dont "deserve" updates, as if they are a gift from Luthier.
Alpha, the questions thread is well meaning but is not answering the important questions that most of the community want answered, they just get lost in the murk.

What is wrong with asking the 10 most important questions about CLOD in one thread, sticky it, lock it after and wait for Luthier to answer it?

What can possibly be wrong with it?

Let Luthier take a week, take 2 weeks if he needs to, but answer them to his best knowledge.

Within the next two weeks the patch is a real possibility and if the patch is working as planned a lot of pressure should be released.

There might be a chance for more information then, but then the remark from KG26_Alpha might get QFT:

Sternjaeger II
03-14-2012, 10:27 PM
http://img4.org/images/clodog8io.gif

KG26_Alpha
03-14-2012, 10:30 PM
Gonna lock this

please use the Crystal Ball 2 thread to keep it all in one place.

thanks.