PDA

View Full Version : Haze, Haze, everywhere ??

He111
03-13-2012, 10:36 AM
Why do i always seem to be flying through haze? even during the middle of a sunny day? The horizon is always haze, tracking enemy aircraft in this pea-souper is impossible!

Does this have something to do with graphic improvements for underpowered computers?

Not happy chappy. :(

Sternjaeger II
03-13-2012, 10:59 AM
just clean your windscreen :mrgreen:;)

fruitbat
03-13-2012, 11:04 AM
living here, i'd say its very acurate, australia it ain't...

jcenzano
03-13-2012, 11:32 AM
lets wait until BOM to see if the "hazy air" is a simulation of the moist in british air. Air over Moscow should be much more clearer (drier) than the one over the channel.

mungee
03-13-2012, 02:11 PM
I'm a South African, but I've flown across the English Channel, and over Southern England, a number of times ... and always in summer!
My impression of the atmosphere in this region is that it's rather hazy/glary and that one doesn't get the crisp, bright definition from the air as one does when flying in what we call 'the highveld' - the generally dry upper interior of South Africa.
I'd be interested to hear if English locals (particularly those who fly in and around the Kent coast) agree with my observations.

phoenix1963
03-13-2012, 05:09 PM
I mainly view from the ground but occasionally fly a friend's Cessna.
It is often very hazy in south east England. I would say it is the norm for fine weather.

I've flown when you don't spot another 'plane until it's about the size of half your thumb on an outstretched arm.

The only exception is when a cold front has just passed, but in summer the Azores high pressure usually keeps them away.

56RAF_phoenix

EDIT - of course outside summer there would be many coal fires, hence the famous London smogs

hc_wolf
03-14-2012, 03:24 AM
Light a match and see if the haze goes..... POOOOF!!!

He111
03-14-2012, 03:48 AM
Light a match and see if the haze goes..... POOOOF!!!

If only it was that easy! LOL!

ramstein
03-18-2012, 10:03 PM
taking a dump in your aircraft was accurate in wwii also, but we really don't need to simulate that...

can't we have fun,,, without making it miserable just for the historical nuts to be happy..

Peaveywolf
03-18-2012, 10:44 PM
Aye, maybe they should do Moscow without bad weather or North Africa without sandstorms, just so you can see better ;) Weather is weather. It ain't a sim without simming the world also.

He111
03-18-2012, 11:16 PM
Because graphic quality & resolution isn't life-like, having a option switch - Haze - On / Off, is needed.

Otherwise Object Icons will need to be left on, which isn't realistic.

Raggz
03-19-2012, 07:31 AM
Because graphic quality & resolution isn't life-like, having a option switch - Haze - On / Off, is needed.

Otherwise Object Icons will need to be left on, which isn't realistic.

But turning off haze is realistic? :P

Heinz: Verdammt, to much haze. Cannot see target!!!
Hermann: Dumkopf, just flick the "haze off" switch on your weather panel! Didn't you pay attention at flight school Heinz?

bravoalpha
03-19-2012, 09:42 AM
Why do i always seem to be flying through haze? even during the middle of a sunny day? The horizon is always haze, tracking enemy aircraft in this pea-souper is impossible!

Does this have something to do with graphic improvements for underpowered computers?

...just one of the major bugs: haze and pollution its right, but not everywhere and every height. Its goes up till the inversions -till the cu clouds- and above you should have clear view. It should be differrent over the water and land and should take effect by the wind, but... first it would be nice to have the height limit connected to the first cloud layer.
Something like this:
http://charlestolman.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/20110928_1140_inversion.jpg

pupaxx
03-20-2012, 11:35 AM
@bravoalpha,
hi mate your picture suggests me an OT consideration, sorry for that...
what is the difficult for devs to sampling 3 or 4 colors from your amazing pict and recreate a convincing palette for landscape? Sorry old debate well discussed in the past but a question that still burns me.
Cheers

bravoalpha
03-20-2012, 04:00 PM
@bravoalpha,
hi mate your picture suggests me an OT consideration, sorry for that...
OT consideration? :confused: my poor english...
The pic is not mine, just googled and linked.

Avala
03-20-2012, 10:34 PM

Actually that is normal for the real world. Tells that weather engine (french 3th party product) does its job very good :) (unlikely the rest of the game . . . )

pupaxx
03-21-2012, 08:47 AM
OT..Off Topic

335th_GRAthos
03-21-2012, 09:27 PM
This is a great picture bravoalpha, if this kind of situation were in the game, people would have gone screaming about the low quality and the lack of detail of the outer perimeter... :)

...just one of the major bugs: haze and pollution its right, but not everywhere and every height. Its goes up till the inversions -till the cu clouds- and above you should have clear view. It should be differrent over the water and land and should take effect by the wind, but... first it would be nice to have the height limit connected to the first cloud layer.
Something like this:
http://charlestolman.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/20110928_1140_inversion.jpg

He111
03-21-2012, 09:43 PM
That excellent picture proves my point, the pilot can easily see the black dot as another aircraft. In Clod any aircraft vanishes at a short distance. i think it relates to aircraft reflecting light colours, similar to the haze, and no reflections off glass etc. (check out pictures)

With this is mind, toning down the haze might be more realistic ?

PotNoodles
05-15-2012, 01:24 AM
I like the haze because I think it it makes the terrain look more realistic.