PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia 3D effects with CloD-can it be done?

jamesdietz
03-07-2012, 03:58 PM
This is probably slightly OT in this section ,but I'll go ahaead & post keeping my fingers crossed.In an ever present on going try to improve anti-lasing & FPs I was fooling around with my Nvidia settings & found a 3D settings screen & checked install & run, not quite knowing what the results would be,I fist got a screen Icon , 3D vision phot viewer that allowed me to set up the utilty , which I did guessing at the settings( 3d glasses ,normal default settings & a Nvidia test that worked. )I then played the old Il-2 FBPF 1946 etc etc & it played just the same , no change.Then I played CloD and there I got the typical 3d screen with a separation of blue & red overlays ( and I think a FPS drop of maybe 50 pecent...not sure...) Wow...I thought this might be cool , so I whipped out my 3D red & blue glasses which I had bought to see the modded 3d version of Il-2 DBW,and looked again at the screen...it almost worked , but not quite ,even with the glasses the screens didn't quite merge,and there was a limited ( hardly any ) 3D effect.
So my question is has anyone actually got this to work ,if so how ? With the detail of the aircraft and the landscape it might be pretty cool to see even with reduced FPs...

SlipBall
03-07-2012, 04:36 PM
This is probably slightly OT in this section ,but I'll go ahaead & post keeping my fingers crossed.In an ever present on going try to improve anti-lasing & FPs I was fooling around with my Nvidia settings & found a 3D settings screen & checked install & run, not quite knowing what the results would be,I fist got a screen Icon , 3D vision phot viewer that allowed me to set up the utilty , which I did guessing at the settings( 3d glasses ,normal default settings & a Nvidia test that worked. )I then played the old Il-2 FBPF 1946 etc etc & it played just the same , no change.Then I played CloD and there I got the typical 3d screen with a separation of blue & red overlays ( and I think a FPS drop of maybe 50 pecent...not sure...) Wow...I thought this might be cool , so I whipped out my 3D red & blue glasses which I had bought to see the modded 3d version of Il-2 DBW,and looked again at the screen...it almost worked , but not quite ,even with the glasses the screens didn't quite merge,and there was a limited ( hardly any ) 3D effect.
So my question is has anyone actually got this to work ,if so how ? With the detail of the aircraft and the landscape it might be pretty cool to see even with reduced FPs...

Nice to explore possibilities, but I think nVidia's 3DVision requires displays with 120Hz outputs sometimes called true 120Hz displays, regular 60hz monitor's, and the 120Hz HDTVs will not work for 3D, or maybe better said, not able to fulfill the potential.
I needed to replace my monitor so I bought a 3D ready, just in case Clod goes that route. 120hz and 200hz "true" are the future for awhile anyway...as a side note Clod looks better with the 120hz to me.

Troll2k
03-07-2012, 04:52 PM
I was under the impression that a game had to be written for 3d for it to work well.

Heinz Laube
03-07-2012, 05:14 PM
http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-discover-main.html

works fine for me....;)

Porsche
03-13-2012, 01:12 AM
I have a Panasonic 50" 3d tv - I have an Nvidia card and use my tv to play pc games in 3d. The game is not really set up or shall I say maximized for 3d. I have played in 3d and they have not really tweeked it yet to take full advantage of the 3d capabilities. However I might add once they do it will add a realm of realism that has not been seen before.