PDA

View Full Version : CTD Poll

furbs
02-19-2012, 03:37 PM
Lets clear up something, how many people are experiencing CTDs with CLOD.

klem
02-19-2012, 03:43 PM
If you included "I get game lockups with CoD" and "I get game lockups with CoD due to memory overload" I could vote.

I dont get Crashes To Desktop.

But isn't this already a known issue? What's the point?

FFCW_Urizen
02-19-2012, 03:43 PM
CTDs usually being 60 or more minutes into the game, no matter the settings or fps rendered at time of crash.

furbs
02-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Sorry Klem, i get both...the CTD and the lockup, not sure if i can alter the poll now.

JG53_Valantine
02-19-2012, 03:56 PM
The Launcher.exe crashes are the one remaining major bug in my eyes, everything else is secondary once you've got the stability issue fixed.

I tend to get the launcher crashing anytime between 60 and 90 minutes of online play, occasionally sooner and occasionally longer but the 60-90 minute mark is the most regular time frame.
V

ACE-OF-ACES
02-19-2012, 04:06 PM
I think I can count the number of CTDs I have experanced on one hand.. So I went with option 3

5./JG27.Farber
02-19-2012, 04:07 PM
Yea so if the flights only 40 mins, chances are I am fine so really always is a bit strong...

BaronBonBaron
02-19-2012, 04:07 PM
If you included "I get game lockups with CoD" and "I get game lockups with CoD due to memory overload" I could vote.

I dont get Crashes To Desktop.

+1
Same here. I haven't had a CTD before, and only ever 1 lockup. :)

JG52Uther
02-19-2012, 04:14 PM
I very rarely get a CTD, sometimes it happens after around 60-90 minutes or so of playing, IF I haven't restarted CoD. If I restart, I can go all night with no problems.

robtek
02-19-2012, 04:42 PM
I have the problem that my amd graphic card driver stops working, the game is still running and reacting to inputs but 3d- graphics is gone.
I have to push esc to get back to the menu and exit the game, this sometimes 2 to 3 times, then it will run all night.
Probably a hardware error.
As i fly exclusively on atag, i use the batch-file to joint the server direct, restarting the game after each mission, if the mission was really short, after the second mission.
This way i haven't had a launcher.exe failure for a long time.

FFCW_Urizen
02-19-2012, 04:45 PM
The first Issue you described i had too, robtek. Have you OCed your Card? Might be driver related, i remember the infamous " <insert ati driver name here> has stopped working " issue with oced Radeons.

Ribbs67
02-19-2012, 04:46 PM
I very rarely get a CTD, sometimes it happens after around 60-90 minutes or so of playing, IF I haven't restarted CoD. If I restart, I can go all night with no problems.

I'm in the same boat as you ...If the wife would let me...haha S!

pupo162
02-19-2012, 04:49 PM
i dont have CTD's, but i think its simpyl becouse i dont fly this sim for more htan 40 mins without giving up.

Tree_UK
02-19-2012, 09:00 PM
Can all those who dont get CTD's or lock ups please post your system spec's, this would help Luthier Im sure.

JG52Uther
02-19-2012, 09:03 PM
I recommend everyone posts their system specs in their sigs, it always helps with technical issues. IIRC I think the devs said that they have solved the CTD issue with the new build though.
Maybe you could put yours in your sig Tree.

Tree_UK
02-19-2012, 09:10 PM
Well at least we can see that those who dont have lock ups or CTD's are the minority as we thought.

SlipBall
02-19-2012, 09:15 PM
Once in awhile, just had one after zooming + in FMB...was running in XP and the error mess. pointed to a memory problem.:)

Chivas
02-19-2012, 09:29 PM
I never had a CTD, and it looks like many of the CTD, stutters, and frame rate issues will be addressed in the next patch. Hopefully they will include some fixes to the AI, and Commands, then we will have far more people flying and making offline and online campaigns, and missions with the FMB. We should see a steady improvement in all facets of the sim over time, thru free patches, paid addons, and SDK community made content.

bongodriver
02-19-2012, 09:29 PM
Well at least we can see that those who dont have lock ups or CTD's are the minority as we thought.

I've never had a piece of software that didn't have a crash at some point.

We can say that for the moment the poll shows those that always get lockups and CTD's are the actual minority.

Basha
02-19-2012, 09:32 PM
Always but disconnect rejoin regularly.

Ribbs67
02-19-2012, 09:34 PM
Tree UK.. I kinda remember seeing your Specs before, and they were pretty decent. Like Uther asked.. could you please post them again or add them to your Sig. I proposed to ElLaurens earlier.. what about a possible get together on TS to maybe get your game running better. If your not able to play because of CTD.. or Launcher crash.. hopefully we can help you... If you not able to play because of other reasons beyond our control.AI. , FM,Radio Commands etc... Then Im afraid waiting is the only option. Just throwing out a helping hand. The Game is still a blast to play while we wait.. way better than being upset and disappointed all the time. Im pretty sure that the people that are enjoying the game now.. weren't the only ones that realized we were Beta/Alpha testing this when it was released.. I know I did, and I was excited and accepted it from the beginning.8-)

Tree_UK
02-19-2012, 09:56 PM
Tree UK.. I kinda remember seeing your Specs before, and they were pretty decent. Like Uther asked.. could you please post them again or add them to your Sig. I proposed to ElLaurens earlier.. what about a possible get together on TS to maybe get your game running better. If your not able to play because of CTD.. or Launcher crash.. hopefully we can help you... If you not able to play because of other reasons beyond our control.AI. , FM,Radio Commands etc... Then Im afraid waiting is the only option. Just throwing out a helping hand. The Game is still a blast to play while we wait.. way better than being upset and disappointed all the time. Im pretty sure that the people that are enjoying the game now.. weren't the only ones that realized we were Beta/Alpha testing this when it was released.. I know I did, and I was excited and accepted it from the beginning.8-)

Hi Ribbs, I will post my system specs quite happily, I do build PC's for a living, mainly gaming rigs which I liquid cool and overclock should the customer require it. I have been self employed for over 10 years. Having said that i learn something new every day and I am happy to try anything, but as the poll suggest and as Luthier as stated that the problem is in the code i feel there is little more I can do.

Insuber
02-19-2012, 09:58 PM
When I used to play CloD, I got always CTD for Ram overload after 75-90 min in ATAG. The issue was certainly a memory leak, because I monitored the Ram occupation and it increased steadily until some 6.75 gb out of 8 gb before lock and CTD. The lock happened very often when closing in bombers formations, or during dogfights.

Regards,
Ins.

JG52Uther
02-19-2012, 09:59 PM
Bongo and Tree, take it to PM as its getting boring in every thread.

JG52Uther
02-19-2012, 10:01 PM
When I used to play CloD, I got always CTD for Ram overload after 75-90 min in ATAG. The issue was certainly a memory leak, because I monitored the Ram occupation and it increased steadily until some 6.75 gb out of 8 gb before lock and CTD. The lock happened very often when closing in bombers formations, or during dogfights.

Regards,
Ins.

Its a strange issue, I have squad mates with much more ram (16 GB in one case) andd much better computers than me. They get constant CTD's, I don't...

ACE-OF-ACES
02-19-2012, 10:21 PM
Its a strange issue, I have squad mates with much more ram (16 GB in one case) andd much better computers than me. They get constant CTD's, I don't...
Same here..

With regards to those who do get alot of CTDs.. It would be nice to know not only thier hardware, but at lest which OS they are running. With that said here is my specs

OS MS Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit SP1
DirectX DirectX 11 DxDiag Ver 6.01.7601.17514
CPU Intel Core i7 930 (8 CPU) @ 2.80GHz Bloomfield 45nm Technology
RAM 6.0GB (6144MB RAM) Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 530MHz 8-8-8-20
PG File 1847MB used, 16569MB available
MB EVGA X58 SLI FTW3 (Socket 423)
BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
DPI 120 DPI (125 percent)
HD1 125.03GB Western Digital WDC SSC-D0128SC-2100 ATA Device (IDE)
HD2 1465.14GB Seagate ST31500341AS ATA Device (IDE)
Monitor Generic PnP Monitor @ 3840x1024
Video EVGA GeForce GTX 570 Memory 4294965760 MB Memory type 2 DX 11 support

JG52Uther
02-19-2012, 10:22 PM
Since it transpires that at least one person in this poll is using multiple user accounts to vote that they always get lock ups the poll is invalid and therefore locked. Bans have been issued.Anyone doing it again will be gone for a long time.
Furbs, start a new poll if you want to.